I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

My picture above with the wiring mess has the 9700 in it.

how hard was it to install that 9700? I temporarily put my 9500 in this case and it was hard enough for me lol

got it up and running last weekend... here are some images.
A05_FULL.jpg

A05_3QF.jpg

A05_SD1.jpg

A05_SD2.jpg

A05_Zoom.jpg

A05_3QB.jpg

This case looks really nice. I have a question to all owners though: How is the air flow if all 3 hd bays are filled? I am looking to use this for a small server and I want to make sure the hds dont get too hot

i dunno... i'm only using one hard drive at the moment and it's getting friggin toasty. yesterday it went up to 60c on my FX60 and i was like OMG, so i took off the front bezel and it dropped down to 53c

IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n101/carbon12/A05_FULL.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n101/carbon12/A05_3QF.jpg[/IMG]
A05_SD1.jpg

IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n101/carbon12/A05_SD2.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n101/carbon12/A05_Zoom.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n101/carbon12/A05_3QB.jpg[/IMG]

i'm assuming you got that side panel off a V600 or G50 no?

i'm assuming you got that side panel off a V600 or G50 no?
yeah, that's what it was called. I was trying to rember what model it was. It was a g60, fit perfectly. Also, once I get the accopanying expansion slot bracket fan, things should be really be nice and cool.

This case looks really nice. I have a question to all owners though: How is the air flow if all 3 hd bays are filled? I am looking to use this for a small server and I want to make sure the hds dont get too hot

if you can deal with a tad more noise, since it's pretty quite already, updgrade to higher flow fans. I replaced mine with silverstone 121 all around. One for the intake, one on my cpu cooler, and one for the exhaust right in front of the hard drives. I'll have one more once my vga cooler bracket comes in.

-RC

yeah, that's what it was called. I was trying to rember what model it was. It was a g60, fit perfectly. Also, once I get the accopanying expansion slot bracket fan, things should be really be nice and cool.
Where did you get it from? I really want some air vents on the side like yours.

Where did you get it from? I really want some air vents on the side like yours.

You might want to try to find a place that sells lian li side panels. I just had a G50 from a friend that updgraded to a v1200. Swapped panels with him and that was that. If you do find one though, it fits perfectly and will allow you to use the v1XXX series plus vga cooler fan bracket.

-RC

A05_SD1.jpg

I wouldn't mind a side panel with just the top vent. But... I don't want to go ordering several side panels just to see if they fit :(

Or you can do what I'm doing and getting someone to cut holes in the side panel.

Technically a "mesh" area like that could be made simply by drilling lots of holes in the right places and with the right machinery you could even keep them even.

Or you can do what I'm doing and getting someone to cut holes in the side panel.

Technically a "mesh" area like that could be made simply by drilling lots of holes in the right places and with the right machinery you could even keep them even.

or you can cut the square out and buy some mesh to put in :p

or you can cut the square out and buy some mesh to put in :p
Too... lazy... :X

And to the person who asked me about the 9700; it was easy to install. The 9500 & 9700 were the easiest for me to install actually. The Tuniq Tower was a pain... but it fit in this case as well. Mine was defective though :(

i don't know if im just picky.. but i took off my front bezel and I eye balled it and there were like bending in my front bezel i would call it dents but the front bezel was mishaped. You wouldn't be able to see if looking at it straight at the bezel but on the sides I can see some bends. I've been trying to bend the mishaps back in place. It's a pain but in all good.

I've got a coolermaster Aquagate WC unit hooked up and sitting on top of my case, but really, I want to use this case and do an all internal water cooling setup, anyone had simialr thoughts? The best, and only, place I can think of to put the radiator is on the far side of the hard drive cage, move the hard drive up to the top HD slot, place the pump in the bottom of the HD cage above the power supply(lets hope it doesn't leak, or that I decide to use a non conductive liquid)

Awsome, just awsome, love everything about it, though I might not have used that heatsink, but I love the way you put it togather.

though i think i get what youre saying with the heatsink... maybe an si-128 instead to take advantage of the vented side panel? right now it's taking in air from the rear intake fan.

-RC

What's wrong with that HSF?

hey, do you have any images of your setup? it looks like we have sorta similar components. you got any benchmark numbers like super pi 1m and futuremark 06?
Really interested in what kind of numbers you are geting with that setup. Thanks.

-RC

You might want to try to find a place that sells lian li side panels. I just had a G50 from a friend that updgraded to a v1200. Swapped panels with him and that was that. If you do find one though, it fits perfectly and will allow you to use the v1XXX series plus vga cooler fan bracket.

-RC

I still can't find this side panel, let me know if you find that particular panel for sale :eek:

I recieved PC-A05B case Thursday and have proceeded to install a window mod and will post pics soon!! This is ONE BAD AZZ CASE!

My Dilema:

Inside the case is a sub extension cord that moves the power supply from the back to the front.

My power supply is a Thermaltake toughpower 750w that comes with a cord rated at 18amps. Altough the power supplies max intake is 10amps.

The Lian Li right angle sub extension cord that comes with the case is rated at 10amps (this cord is necessary).

Could this possibly become a problem or a hazard? Or will it work or has it been working for the some of you with similar power supply outputs?

My question is whats your opinionfor you owners of this case and for anyone else that has knowledge of electrical.:confused: :confused:

I think you would be ok. My room mate has a 850watt Cooler Master in his w/o any problems.

im planning to get one of these ..upgrading from a qpack....looks likke they're sold out everywhere.;...im planning ot get one on neweg..

i bit the bullet and ..well i ordered one....and ordered two yate loons...thanks for making get this!! haha..i cant wait

can anyone recommend maybe a 3.5 VFD for the floppy bay?....something that matches teh finish of this case

Back