I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

First post, here's my A05B.
Comments welcome!.

That thing definately has great airflow now! But those 3 top fans kind of look like they would love to have a triple BIP or MCR320 under them. Seems that might actually be able to be crammed into that case. Upgrade time? :D

That thing definately has great airflow now! But those 3 top fans kind of look like they would love to have a triple BIP or MCR320 under them. Seems that might actually be able to be crammed into that case. Upgrade time? :D

hehe, ive been thinking about it.

did you do the top fans yourself or was it bought that way? i really need that at the top of my case....

did you do the top fans yourself or was it bought that way? i really need that at the top of my case....

I did it using my dremel. I used a big "L" shaped metal ruler taped to the case to aid in making straight cuts then used a file to clean up, Worked out great. I didnt have access to a digi cam during the process, so no work log :(

sorry to mooch your image Magnum lol

i wanted to ask has anyone taken out the HDD rack and put their single HD up in the floppy drive bay? I would think it'd increase airflow a bit as there would be more open space to pull the air out...and then you can flip the PSU over and have it pulling air out from the top instead of the small space on the bottom of the case.

6gbzxxf.jpg

At one point i took mine out. I have the nexus drive bay part for the harddrives, However i put the rack back in untill i can figure out better cable management.

I GOT ONE!!!! woot
DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

just waiting on the rma'd psu to return. also waiting on the 2 yate loons to replace stock fans..also removed grill on the back and put a filter..mounted one drive in the 3.5 bay(i hope this is ok..since drive is like sitting on the aluminum thing)and one in the cage..to make room for air flow...and also going to stealth the drive...if i dont mess up:) and lastly maybe an orbital matrix

good bye qpack!!! hello LIAN!!!!!!!

sorry to mooch your image Magnum lol

i wanted to ask has anyone taken out the HDD rack and put their single HD up in the floppy drive bay?

Here is mine that I posted earlier, with the PSU fliped up. And yes it does help the airflow quite a bit.

NewPC14.jpg

Here is mine that I posted earlier, with the PSU fliped up. And yes it does help the sirflow quite a bit.

-img snip-

Is that Intel HSF as quiet as I've read it to be? FrostyTech rated it as the quietest, and even said it provides pretty good temps as well. How do you like it?

Is that Intel HSF as quiet as I've read it to be? FrostyTech rated it as the quietest, and even said it provides pretty good temps as well. How do you like it?

The chipset fan above it was much loder so I ended up disconnecting that (since it's optional anyways and I am not overclocking at this point). I would have to say the Stock Heat Sink for the CPU does a great job and is very quiet. As I said I have not overclocked at this point so I can not attest to how well it would hold up. I would say the fan on my Toughpower PSU is the loudest part of my case and it's still not very noticeable.

The chipset fan above it was much loder so I ended up disconnecting that (since it's optional anyways and I am not overclocking at this point). I would have to say the Stock Heat Sink for the CPU does a great job and is very quiet. As I said I have not overclocked at this point so I can not attest to how well it would hold up. I would say the fan on my Toughpower PSU is the loudest part of my case and it's still not very noticeable.

My god is that chipset fan loud!!!! I went into the BIOS knocked it down to operate at 75% and its so much quieter and temps only increased by a degree, so it wasnt that bad.

The Intel Fan is quiet until its running at full speed. Then it has some noise coming from it. But for the most part it is quiet.

Here is mine that I posted earlier, with the PSU fliped up. And yes it does help the airflow quite a bit.

NewPC14.jpg

i noticed they were rivets...did you just stick a flathead screwdriver in between and pop it off?

I just used a small drill bit and drilled out the rivets. Didn't plan on putting it back and they came our really easily.

I just used a small drill bit and drilled out the rivets. Didn't plan on putting it back and they came our really easily.

Quick question -- are you able to replace the front fan without removing the HD cage? And if you remove the rivets to replace the fan, how do you go about reattaching the HD cage? Thanks guys

Quick question -- are you able to replace the front fan without removing the HD cage? And if you remove the rivets to replace the fan, how do you go about reattaching the HD cage? Thanks guys

iirc to remove the front fan you pop off the bezel.

here she is...

Nice stuff, but can we get a straight on look at the side of the case, just in case you're hiding some bunches of wires and wanted to make it look a bit nicer with a clever angle. ;) :D

iirc to remove the front fan you pop off the bezel.

Hi, thanks for your response. I popped of the front bezel, and it seems like the fan is held in place with 4 screws, which I removed. However, the fan seems to be stuck between the front of the case and the hard drive cage behind it. Sorry, I'm not very good at this, but how do you get the fan out from in between the cage and the front of the case?

Nice stuff, but can we get a straight on look at the side of the case, just in case you're hiding some bunches of wires and wanted to make it look a bit nicer with a clever angle. ;) :D

HAHA!! ok....here she is again..i hate wires..
DSC_0038.jpg

Are there any pics that compare the size of this with a regular midtower?

if you add a few more inches you'll have a mid tower...3 or so would do it i guess

wow, what a beautiful case.
I think i found my new case to buy this summer :)
But im gonna get a black one from Performance-pcs with the modded window on the side. I'd do it myself, but I dont wanna screw it up :)

Nice rig above (antok86)

Hi, thanks for your response. I popped of the front bezel, and it seems like the fan is held in place with 4 screws, which I removed. However, the fan seems to be stuck between the front of the case and the hard drive cage behind it. Sorry, I'm not very good at this, but how do you get the fan out from in between the cage and the front of the case?

The top of the front 120 mm fan bracket is open. Remove the front case cover, remove whatever is in the drive bays about it, and unscrew the fasteners. Lift upward.

Here's my Black and Silver setup minus 8800 GTS 320 and 6600 RAM.

video038.jpg

video037.jpg

video035.jpg

video036.jpg

Sorry for the Image quality on a few of those. Please feel free if you have any questions or comments.

INTEL E6320
VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64
ASUS P5N32-E SLI 680i
ASUS 8800 GTS 320MB
ASUS DVD +/-
ASUS LGA775 ALUMINUM HEAT SINK
CORSAIR 2G 6600
THERMALTAKE 750W PS
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200 RPM 200G
iSTAR 8 HD COOLER
VANTEC FAN CONTROLLER
AEROCOOL 140MM SIDE FAN

i just redid my wiring...not as good as fri2219's though. :p i'll take pics later. would certainly help if i had a modular PSU.

How would this case be for taking a E6600/Q6600 to around 3ghz, temperature-wise?

Along with a X1900XT, 320gb Seagate 7200.10, Enermax Liberty 500W, and a NEC 3540...Pretty light parts-wise.

I didn't include the motherboard/cpu setup yet, as I'm still sort of waiting for the Q6600's to drop a little more, if it's worth it getting that over an E6600.

For a small case that doesn't look to be that bad to build in. I've gotten into only liking really large cases because building in small cases is a suck.

I can't even stand to work in an Antec Solo which isn't really all that small.

How would this case be for taking a E6600/Q6600 to around 3ghz, temperature-wise?

Along with a X1900XT, 320gb Seagate 7200.10, Enermax Liberty 500W, and a NEC 3540...Pretty light parts-wise.

I didn't include the motherboard/cpu setup yet, as I'm still sort of waiting for the Q6600's to drop a little more, if it's worth it getting that over an E6600.

well i would like to know also because im about to build a C2D rig with about the same specs, but two hdds instead and the E4300 instead
This sure is an awesome case.

Specs in sig.
comp.jpg

I'm planning on cleaning up the wiring a little more, but none of it is blocking airflow so I'm not worried about it right this second.

My cpu temps idle around 30c and hit the low 60s on load according to Coretemp. The 120 mm intake blowing directly across the HSF keeps it super cool.

The only downside I can really find with this case is the hot air pocket it creates above the vid card. I've been trying to find the best way to cool it. Right now I have that dual fan PCI card that blows air directly on the card. I also have the Lian Li BS-01 exhaust blower, but it didn't do as well as I would have hoped. I tried using the PCI fan with the exhaust blower, but it didn't help much either. I think the best way would be to get an intake fan blowing air into the upper area only so the card has fresh air as trying to exhaust the extra hot air doesn't work. I'd like to get the Lian Li BS-03 that lets you use a 120mm fan as either intake or exhaust, but I can't really find one for sale. The only other option I can really see is cutting a hole in the case to mount a fan on either the side or top. I did just get a Dremel and do need something to do with it:) With all that being said though, the card gets into the low 80s on load which seems to still be acceptable temps for the 8XXX series cards.

Back