I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Just curious. How much room is there behind the mobo tray and the side panel?

For instances, If you cut a couple holes in the tray to wire some cables through it would there be enough room between the tray and the side panel for the wires to pass through?

i'd say maybe 1cm. it was enough space to lay the molex connectors down flat on the tray. there is a lip on the edge of the tray as well...i happened to use the opening at the bottom to route wires behind the tray though you could cut into the lip and make another opening.

i'd say maybe 1cm. it was enough space to lay the molex connectors down flat on the tray. there is a lip on the edge of the tray as well...i happened to use the opening at the bottom to route wires behind the tray though you could cut into the lip and make another opening.

The round cables that are for the front USB and Firewire ports. Is there enough room to fit those behind the tray if you wanted to?

here is a couple more pics of mine after i did a little cable management...they're all stuffed behind the hard drive tray ahahha

I'm stealing your idea for my hdd sata cables. I didn't even think about trying that :D

Edit: Maybe not. Here's a shot of mine after all... give me suggestions for the wiring?

I was thinking maybe tomorrow or the day after... snipping & shortening the wires for the Silverstone fans and converting them to the mini 3 plug to connect to the motherboard. I may also change the power supply simply because the cables are way too long, imo. It's a nice one... but overall I don't think it belongs in this case.

The round cables that are for the front USB and Firewire ports. Is there enough room to fit those behind the tray if you wanted to?
you could if you cut a notch in the lip of the tray i think...for those i just used the supplied plastic clamp that was attached to the top already. but since i have an MSI board and they make that stupid USB header with the diag lights on it, i just installed it. i needed the ports anyway. otherwise it'd prolly look a little cleaner.

I'm stealing your idea for my hdd sata cables. I didn't even think about trying that :D

Edit: Maybe not. Here's a shot of mine after all... give me suggestions for the wiring?

I was thinking maybe tomorrow or the day after... snipping & shortening the wires for the Silverstone fans and converting them to the mini 3 plug to connect to the motherboard. I may also change the power supply simply because the cables are way too long, imo. It's a nice one... but overall I don't think it belongs in this case.

what i did with my lone SATA cable was connect it to the mobo and then go behind the tray in that shot and route the cable thru one of the round holes under my drive and then pull it thru til i could fold it enough to connect it to the drive...power cables are obviously too thick so they just run to the back behind the tray.

Could you tell me what's the CPU and GPU temperature? Thanks!:D

GPU is hot as always. I'm seeing it idling in the 70s. CPU idles in the high 40s. CPU starts at 36 C then slowly climbs up as I leave it idling longer since the GPU just spews out hot air and it gets circulated in the case.

I wish the G80 wasn't so hot. If I had another card I would test it but I don't think it would be going much higher than the low 40s if I used a passive cooled video card.

I currently have 2 S-FLEX 120 mm fans for intake and outtake. A Scythe Ninja rev. B with stock fan sitting on the CPU. Barely hear my computer being on. It's not as quiet as my P180B tho, but bareble.

If someone has the time, could someone please measure the distance between the mobo tray and the side panel next to it. If I get this I want to be able to stuff some cables back there and reroute them to other parts of the mobo by cutting some holes in the tray but I need to know some fairly exact distances. Thanks. :)

GPU is hot as always. I'm seeing it idling in the 70s. CPU idles in the high 40s. CPU starts at 36 C then slowly climbs up as I leave it idling longer since the GPU just spews out hot air and it gets circulated in the case.

I wish the G80 wasn't so hot. If I had another card I would test it but I don't think it would be going much higher than the low 40s if I used a passive cooled video card.

I currently have 2 S-FLEX 120 mm fans for intake and outtake. A Scythe Ninja rev. B with stock fan sitting on the CPU. Barely hear my computer being on. It's not as quiet as my P180B tho, but bareble.

With 2 Scythe S-FLEXs (8.7 dbA, 33 CFM) and getting high 40s is understandable. I am thinking about getting highest RPM version of S-FLEXs, hopefully that will help cooling the CPU. :D

can someone provide a link on where I can buy a lian-li cd/dvd rom bezel that works with this case?

A few quick questions:

1. Is there enough room to get 2x120mm fans on the top (inside the case) with an ATX mobo?
2. Is there enough room to put a 120mm on the side panel (inside the case) positioned to blow on the CPU if using a Tuniq Tower?
3. Will a 120mm fan fit in front of the HD cage/in the front of the HD cage?

A few quick questions:

1. Is there enough room to get 2x120mm fans on the top (inside the case) with an ATX mobo?
2. Is there enough room to put a 120mm on the side panel (inside the case) positioned to blow on the CPU if using a Tuniq Tower?
3. Will a 120mm fan fit in front of the HD cage/in the front of the HD cage?

1. I believe so...if not 2x92mm should fit fine
2. With as large as that thing is, I doubt it. If you have it pulling in air from the back of the case, you have no need for a fan to do that as there is the intake 120mm on the back and then the fact on the Tuniq
3. There is a fan in front of the HD rack already...its the exhaust fan.

1. I believe so...if not 2x92mm should fit fine
2. With as large as that thing is, I doubt it. If you have it pulling in air from the back of the case, you have no need for a fan to do that as there is the intake 120mm on the back and then the fact on the Tuniq
3. There is a fan in front of the HD rack already...its the exhaust fan.

Sweet, thanks.

I couldnt see the fan in front of the HD rack from the pictures :D

Added this baby to my wish list now.

is it easy to install? I think frozencpu might have the drive cover and I already have an account with them.

is it easy to install? I think frozencpu might have the drive cover and I already have an account with them.

loosen the screws on the drive to move it back some and then two screws install the bezel...takes 5 min

sweet, just ordered one. I might get another one in the future.

the standard Lian Li bezel doesn't fit. But 10 minutes of work with a dremel high speed cutter will make it fit.

the standard Lian Li bezel doesn't fit. But 10 minutes of work with a dremel high speed cutter will make it fit.

it did for me, thats why i told him to buy from a place that sold me a good one...maybe he'll get the same.

the one from frozencpu had the same model number.. hopefully it'll work without mod.

Hey All
I just got my A05B Built

Im run 6420, 2Gig Memory Enzotech CPU Fan, and a EVGA 8800GTS.

Everything works fine, no OC yet.

Only thing Ive notice is when I have the front cover on, it seem to block the air flow alot.

I feel the front of my case and its hot.

Anyone modded there case to have more air flow out the front ? I thought about putting in mesh infront of the PSU and 120mm Fan.

Other than that, its an awesome case.

DK

I don't have my case yet.. it should be arriving in tomorrow; however, it wouldn't be a bad idea to cut a square out of the front bezel and put some modder's mesh in place of it.

Wow! I received my case yesterday and installed everything last night. I was worried that it wouldn't be as nice or as convenient as my Antec Sonata case, but I am every bit as pleased with this one(a bit more so since it weighs so much less and is a bit smaller). Props to LianLi!

Does anyone who has a PC-65 or a case about the same size also have an A05b? I would love to see them side-by-side.

my case came in today.. swweeet! time to see if this drive bezel thing will work!

ok, the lian li bezel for optical drives does work the actual threaded holes don't align up right but if you use the top holes on the bezel to the low holes on the case works like a charm.

the way that's laid out you could probably fit a triple rad in the top internally correct?

Question for A-05 owners: There are two 5.25 bays. Is it possible to put one in between the two bays, so the drive is in the middle with empty space on the top and bottom?

Question for A-05 owners: There are two 5.25 bays. Is it possible to put one in between the two bays, so the drive is in the middle with empty space on the top and bottom?

well...not easily but yea - do-able.

problems you'd run into:

- new holes / rails need to be drilled for the screws
- you'll have a 1/2 space that needs filling above and below when you put teh front panel back on.

why may i ask?

My new PC-A05B is coming tomorrow...how should I mount my PSU? With the fan facing up or down? I have a Corsair Hx620w. I also have a 3/8" VSR drill and a 4.5" hole saw for making a fan cutout if needed.

My new PC-A05B is coming tomorrow...how should I mount my PSU? With the fan facing up or down? I have a Corsair Hx620w. I also have a 3/8" VSR drill and a 4.5" hole saw for making a fan cutout if needed.

ive got mine facing down... no issues... get decent temps

tempsmv1.jpg

From everest

if you check out my build, I had the PSU intake fan on the bottom and cut out a hole in the floor to let air in.

hello to all Italian therefore they are excused if I write badly this is my houses lian a po modified for Hush I have very many photos of all the mod as soon as I will be able I will insert to them

I have turned over the local p0wer source, I have invert the impellers and their flow.

the local p0wer source has been put therefore… because it became warm too much in the solution standard.

also the fan front it has been turn.

the solution of the hd carried too many vibrations to the houses therefore has supplied to make the following modification…

Back