I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Well got mines together, still working on the cabling a bit though and excuse the crappy drawer it's on, no room with dual screen on desk lol, need more zip ties and waiting for the window, but here it is:

DSC01125.

DSC01143.

DSC01133.

DSC01130.

DSC01107.

Really nice work,I like what you've done with the place.. :D

What video card is that you Have??

it's my trusty ole x1800xt until Mr. Crysis comes out :D

You've definitely changed my mind about what air cooler to get. I was thinking Ultima-90 when it came out, but it looks like the Ultra-120 will fit just fine.

does this case have to be reversed cooling?
does it work good?

it doesn't have to be reversed, but probably better that way, my temps are about the same as in my full tower antec case, 4 80mm 32cfm on the antec vs 2 120mm 80cfm yate loons :)

OOOO I love your cable management dannyd86! :D

Thanks, I tried my best.
I think I might be able to run the 8pin CPU cable behind and under the motherboard. If I succeed, it'll be even cleaner.
Also, I need a 3 pin extension cable for the rear intake fan so I won't have to run it across the bottom as you can see.

I built a Q6600 for a friend with this case, I've never had an easier case to work with... I'm amazed that something this small was so easy to work with, I've never built a lian-li before... always cheap coolermaster, but he wanted something nice.

We had 2 SATA DVD burners, 2 SATA 500 seagates, 8800 GTX, q6600 with AC Freezer 7... and a mushkin 550 modular supply (only needed 1 for the SATA drives as it had 4 connections on each cable)

Unfortunatly I didn't take pictures, it looked super clean :(

So I used to have a Thermaltake case that had front panel audio mic/speaker jacks with both a HD audio azalia and ac97 connectors. I was using the 9pin HD Audio and it worked perfect.

I just got my Lian Li A05 and I see that it has a connector with 7 pins, and 7 loose pins. Now I connected it with the stock connector and I see that it is AC97, I used the diagram to connect it for HD Azalia, but its still AC97.

With HD Azalia I can have my speakers connected to the back panel, connect my headset to the front panel, and the software would automatically detect that the front panel is being used and disable the rear panel.

With AC97 I have to disconnect the speakers from the rear panel to be able to use the front panel.

Anyone using the HD Azalia with this case? Am I connecting it wrong?

I'm amazed that something this small was so easy to work with, I've never built a lian-li before...

You're not the only one. When I was done, I had an extremely clean setup, all cables mostly hidden, and didn't even break a sweat.:cool:

Hello guys this is my first post. I love the lian li pc-a05 this case is so beautiful i alos enjoyed your pictures as well. It's not perfect ,nothing is, I just wished it had a hard drive removal and a blow hole, guess I have to do that myself.

here is a pic of mines still a noob so be gentle!!!

DSC02569.jpg

Hello guys this is my first post. I love the lian li pc-a05 this case is so beautiful i alos enjoyed your pictures as well. It's not perfect ,nothing is, I just wished it had a hard drive removal and a blow hole, guess I have to do that myself.

here is a pic of mines still a noob so be gentle!!!

DSC02569.jpg

Looks really clean man. What are your system specs?

the naked truth.....

DSC02565.jpg

the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC02574.jpg

did my best, modular power is the way to go with this case for sure.

DSC02596.jpg

sexy

DSC02591.jpg

maybe I'll watch a flick!!!!

Modular cabling and this case feels like I am cheating. The only cables I have are:

Molex w/ 2 connectors at the end.
Sata power
8 Pin cpu power
24 pin motherboard power
6 pin GPU power.

It is soooo easy with this case. I'll get pics sometime soon.

This case is awesome!

Mine:
LianLiA05-B002.jpg

What are your temps Danny? I idle 32c load 40c usually after gaming. I got Zalman on low speed on both the cpu and gpu. The Noctuas are running at full speed and they are wonderful, expensive though. Should've gotten Yates Loons been reading that they are quiet fans as well. I'm looking to upgrade everything going to pick up EVGA 680i, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 probably will use the stock fan or go with the Noctua NH-U12F.

what are you temps

Read my sig.

I will be installing a "blowhole" fan as well up top. It should help out some more. I love the airflow in this case:

-Cool, strong breeze straight into the CPU heatsink.
-Then I have another fan sucking it away from the heatsink (If you notice many people have 2 fans doing the same thing on one side of the Thermalright Ultra 120 Ex.)
-(Air is still pretty much cool) It blows a strong breeze over and cools the ram.
-Still a strong breeze to blow through the HDD bay
-and out the front. :D

Does anyone have a problem installing x-fi xtremegamer soundcard in the case, because I have p5n-e 650i motherboard and cannot get the card to fully lock down so that I can screw it in.

Does anyone have a problem installing x-fi xtremegamer soundcard in the case, because I have p5n-e 650i motherboard and cannot get the card to fully lock down so that I can screw it in.

I have that exact setup and have no problems installing the XtremeGamer. I have it in the top most PCI slot, but that shouldn't matter anyway.

Thanks to all the good info in this thread, I picked up the A05 for a good price and used it for my first "build from scratch."

insidelianli.jpg

withmonitor.jpg

For less than $100, I was able to salvage some parts from another computer I upgraded, and now have a very nifty back-up system. The biggest problem I had was getting the screws to fit for the motherboard ... then I realized there was a second bag with smaller screws, and it was easy. I'm going to pick up a SATA optical drive and eliminate the ribbon cable as well.

System in my sig is the other one. This one is currently sporting the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe, AMD FX-55, a 7800GTX, 510W PC&P PSU, 750GB WD HD, and 2GB RAM. Have the Opteron 185 to upgrade the CPU, but haven't done that yet. So, a nice rescue for my old Socket 939 system.

Ockie, this thread convinced me to buy this case. Originally I was going to get a LL pc-1000, but opted for this. I usually like big cases but since I am going back to a 2 PC / 2 Mac configuration, I thought this would be the perfect HTPC/Gaming/Media computer.

So here is my recently built putt-putt a05.

Specs:

C2D e6600
Corsair pc8500
Abit IP35 Pro
Evga 8800 GTX
SilenX fans throughout - no side window yet
Swiftech H20-Compact [perfect for this case - 31 Idle / 40 Load]
Corsair 620W
Seagate 250 (OS)
Seagate 320 (Data/Apps)
Seagate 750 (Media)

fly-around video of my a05

Next to a LL pc201 build [not mine anymore]

a05_vs_201.jpg

Top ACR grill/blow holes

a05_top.jpg

a05_guts.jpg

cimg2056dw2.jpg

Pretty ghetto :p

I replaced the front intake with the fan from a Big Typhoon and the back fan with the fan from Tuniq Tower. Much quieter now. The fan ghetto mounted up top is a NZXT Lexa case fan.

nice ^^^ lovin the ducktape job to hold the fans lol ductapes gotta be the best thing to happen since sliced bread

Duct tape cant get all the credit here ;) I used some double sided mounting tape as well :D

Here is a little update fellas. I love all the work you guys have done on your systems good job, you guys inspired me. The only thing I dislike is the heat hitting the front of the case. I think I will cut a hole so the hard drive fan and the PSU can blowout more effectively, what do you guys think? I'm also thinking about cutting a blow hole on top and get a Yates Loon. I'm alittle scared to mess things up but it's something I'm willing to do and it's needed. Please give me some input I need help...

DSC02604.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

I will be upgrading all hardware soon. I just have some questions about the upside down mobos with heat pipes on north and south bridges. Does this effect cooling on these boards? I was thinking about going AMD because I do not see any advantages to INTEL when I compare prices, speed, cooling, and ofcourse attachment. I was thinking about ASUS M2N32-SLI or if i bite the bullet and go INTEL I'd get either the EVGA 680i or the ASUS P5B Deluxe, HELP>>>>>

Back