I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

whats the contraption over the cards? i have the case but i dont have that thing.

Anyone get the Drill Top Blowholes option from performance-pcs with their window modded case? How does it look? I wish the window had an intake fan, but i think adding that one top blowhole is good enough too. Then maybe add GS-01 or GS-03 blower too.

Made some improvements to my A05B ... still not as clean as dannyd86's !

A05withV1.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.. Speaking about clean wires, i decided to cut out a window.

Here are some pics. Haven't finished yet. I had to order some black rivets online. So far I cut out the hole. Sorry bout the quality. Ghey cell phone.

windowlian.jpg

redlian.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.. Speaking about clean wires, i decided to cut out a window.

Here are some pics. Haven't finished yet. I had to order some black rivets online. So far I cut out the hole. Sorry bout the quality. Ghey cell phone.

windowlian.jpg

redlian.jpg

Sweet cut. Was that dremel or jigsaw?

Thanks. You know, it wasn't as easy to cut through as I thought it would be.
I started off with a dremel, but I didn't have a good enough bit.
Then I got a big grinder with a 4" metal cutting disc, and that did the job of cutting the straight lines very well. I cut the rounded edges with the dremel.

Specs:

C2D e6600
Corsair pc8500
Abit IP35 Pro
Evga 8800 GTX
SilenX fans throughout - no side window yet
Swiftech H20-Compact [perfect for this case - 31 Idle / 40 Load]
Corsair 620W
Seagate 250 (OS)
Seagate 320 (Data/Apps)
Seagate 750 (Media)

a05_guts.jpg

That is my next project,you have inspired me !! I am going to grab that case and that H2O cooling kit,and get to work over the month of December.

Kudos on the build,it looks damn good ! :cool: :)

Alright, sorry about the quality of the previous pics which I took with my cell phone. Here, same pics, better quality. Enjoy.

LianiLiWindow001.jpg

LianiLiWindow002.jpg

Dannyd, what are the dimensions on your window? I just ordered a window from performance pcs that's a little smaller than 12x12 and your window looks to be close to that dimension.

Anyone get the Drill Top Blowholes option from performance-pcs with their window modded case? How does it look? I wish the window had an intake fan, but i think adding that one top blowhole is good enough too. Then maybe add GS-01 or GS-03 blower too.

Hey, I just got my performance-pcs pc-a05b in last week and parts come to go inside it tomorrow. I'll post pics of how the blowhole worked out once i get all my parts, but its basically just a circular cut hole with no grill. I just took the grill from the back of the case and moved it up to the top so theres not a gaping hole on the top of my case. Also, the window isn't quite as boxy as it looks, the edge is beveled so it isnt just a piece of plastic slapped on top of the panel.

For those interested, Performance-PCs should have one BS-03 left in stock, slightly scratched for $15 shipped. I ordered the other one via email as it's not listed on their site.

My A05 will be delivered today and pictures forthcoming.

well i read this thread way back when it first came out and went ahead and got the case. Ive done alot of self mods to it and hope to post pics soon. But after readying the above post about the swiftech H2O looks like im not done yet. That kit looks like it was made for this case. Pics to follow

Dannyd, what are the dimensions on your window? I just ordered a window from performance pcs that's a little smaller than 12x12 and your window looks to be close to that dimension.

Its 10x13 . I ended up ordering a 17x11 window from Frozencpu, and cut it down just a bit.
Instead of using that rubber seal thing, I am just going to be riveting it to the inside of the panel. (black rivets)

Hey, I just got my performance-pcs pc-a05b in last week and parts come to go inside it tomorrow. I'll post pics of how the blowhole worked out once i get all my parts, but its basically just a circular cut hole with no grill. I just took the grill from the back of the case and moved it up to the top so theres not a gaping hole on the top of my case. Also, the window isn't quite as boxy as it looks, the edge is beveled so it isnt just a piece of plastic slapped on top of the panel.

Cool thanks iceroid, would really help in my decision, I just don't have the tools to make my own blowhole.

So it has a fan and round hole there attached, just no grill? or was it just a empty round hole and you had to drill screws for the fan and attach one?

Cool thanks iceroid, would really help in my decision, I just don't have the tools to make my own blowhole.

So it has a fan and round hole there attached, just no grill? or was it just a empty round hole and you had to drill screws for the fan and attach one?

There was no fan attached, but it had pre-drilled screwholes.

Thanks Manny. I admire all of your guy's enthusiasm and work on your A05 rigs.

Also, I have fallen in love with the new Lian Li B25 (besides the a12, b20, v600, g50, and a05 among others). Damn, now I have to build the other 4 rigs with the aforementioned cases outside of the a05. Freaking Lian LI makes a brother want to build PC after PC.

Anyway the B25 is one of the must functional and "ready" mid-sized towers I have seen - mobo cutouts, wire retention clips on back of the mobo. I consider it an amped up A05. Haven't seen it in person, but there is an article on it on the bit-tech site.

It is one sexy machine. So if you are considering an A05, I would consider this one as well.

http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/2007/09/lian-li_pc-b25/b22.jpg

Note from FLECOM: Do NOT hotlink images, host them yourself

Wow, that guy installing the harddrives is an idiot

The A05 is the same design, you install 4 screws with 4 grommets, and slide it in... I figured it out just by looking at the bags of parts and inside the case, I had no idea they had this style of installation. It was quick painless and very easy... user stupidity should not be a factor in reviewing a case...

Whatever haha... I need a bigger tower... or bigger harddrives :eek:

The B25 is almost perfect. What's up with 80mm intake fans?? Higher cfm with lower dba on 120mm's..... blows my mind!

The B25 is quite sexy on the inside. I don't really care for front doors on my cases, but that's personal preference. I also don't care for the beveled side panel.

Anyone catch a price on it yet?

Wow, that guy installing the harddrives is an idiot

The A05 is the same design, you install 4 screws with 4 grommets, and slide it in... I figured it out just by looking at the bags of parts and inside the case, I had no idea they had this style of installation. It was quick painless and very easy... user stupidity should not be a factor in reviewing a case...

Whatever haha... I need a bigger tower... or bigger harddrives :eek:

Uh the link is for the B25, not the A05.

The B25 is almost perfect. What's up with 80mm intake fans?? Higher cfm with lower dba on 120mm's..... blows my mind!

if you visit lian li's site it clearly states (and with pics) that there are 3x120 fans inside, 2 in the front and 1 rear. it could be possible to remove the drive cage and mount a 240 rad in there but that floppy drive looks like it'll get in the way of the tank/barb area of the rad. might have to cut that too.

http://www.lian-li.com/product/product06.php?pr_index=125&cl_index=1&sc_index=1&ss_index=5&type=b

Has anyone removed the top panel by popping the rivets? I plan on making a 2x120 fan blowhole, which will one day serve for a 2x120 radiator and was wondering if I can remove the top panel to do the job.

Has anyone removed the top panel by popping the rivets? I plan on making a 2x120 fan blowhole, which will one day serve for a 2x120 radiator and was wondering if I can remove the top panel to do the job.
I am interested aswell.

Yep, I just drilled them out and replaced them with screws and nuts, no problem, it just slid right off.

Uh the link is for the B25, not the A05.

I realize that, same installation style as the A05 though. It looks even easier on the B25 because with the left panel off you have the whole HDD bracket to stick the drives in... all the cables are hiding behind their too...

I realize that, same installation style as the A05 though. It looks even easier on the B25 because with the left panel off you have the whole HDD bracket to stick the drives in... all the cables are hiding behind their too...

Same installation style? The B25 is a sexy case, but I don't see much similiarity between this and the A05.

Same HDD Cage. Reading comprehension.

The guy was bitching that it took him 20 minutes and 2 people to install 1 harddrive.

You take 4 screws, and 4 rubber gromets... slide the grommets over the screws (zero effort) and screw the screws into the front and back holes in the harddrive, then slide it down the guides and push down on the back half.

It is the simplest HDD installation I've ever seen, and that guy was claiming it was complex... maybe he was being extremely sarcastic which seems idiotic in a serious review.

Whatever, I don't own either of these cases :p I just admire Lian-Li's work and built an A05 for a friend...

One tip for drilling the rivets. Make a tape ball and put it over the inside of the rivet. Also, put some tape over the outside of the rivet, so that when you drill through and go too far, you dont hit the drill into the case. Get a sharp bit, and drill slowly and gently. If you do it right, you will just drill off the rivet head.

As for the B25, it looks like a wiring nitemare IMO, and what's with a door and layered side panels? I thought that crap went out with the P180.
Alas, the B25 does have a rather ominous look about it.

Oh yeah, my window came in today! I'm wondering if I should wait for my fans or go ahead and work on installing the window without them? Heh, who am I kidding? This bad boy will be in my case tomorrow afternoon!

Well you all made me do it and here it is. I havent posted much but thatks to everyone here for getting me interested in this case. Just waiting on Q6600 tomorrow and 120 extrere (backorder from tank guys), EVGA 7950GTKO will go in when the quad arrives.

Already modded with 2 Yate Loon top side and window.

HPIM1347.jpg

HPIM1348.jpg

HPIM1350.jpg

HPIM1352.jpg

ohman wicked set up ^^^^ im ganan get the same psu as you its ganna look kick in the case just a tip why dont u get a 5.24 to 3.5 converter and pop the other hard drive in there then you can remove the hdd bay and it then will free up some space in the case i plan on doing that

;)

Well you all made me do it and here it is. I havent posted much but thatks to everyone here for getting me interested in this case. Just waiting on Q6600 tomorrow and 120 extrere (backorder from tank guys), EVGA 7950GTKO will go in when the quad arrives.

Already modded with 2 Yate Loon top side and window.

HPIM1347.jpg

HPIM1348.jpg

HPIM1350.jpg

HPIM1352.jpg

I like. Props to you...

------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, I have a little extra cash to spend so i've decided to go H20 :D

I'm going to move my ODD to the bottom bay, and am going to get a 3x120 Black Ice GT stealth 360 xflow radiator and mount it up there. 3x120 you ask?

Check this out.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/Sc4mpi2/PICT0610.jpg
Picture taken by Sc4mpi of coolercases uk.

I know, I know, but what about the 2 usb ports, firewire, and audio jacks.
Ehh, w/e. I'll just use the usb on my media card reader as a front usb jack, get a usb surround sound headset, and I dont use firewire. Solved. :p

nice vents people have on the top

i would love to know where people get the clear side windows i saw which were very nice

o and i love how one guy put some sort of foam layer on the bottom :)

Back