I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

I like my Lian-Li, don't get me wrong, but this is the first case I've ever cut my finger on. Oh, the irony! ;)

For a DIY window that has the factory look, the most difficult part would be the clean cut of the aluminum. Most of the big manufacturers have laser/plasma/water cutters or simple molds involved in the automated process to make such cuts. Attaching it to the inside of the case is the easy part.

You can cut the window cleanly yourself if you have MAD dremel skills or a jigsaw, which would be the most inexpensive avenue. Or have a machine shop laser/water/plasma cut the aluminum hole to the size you want and simply attach a window yourself. And you can get a piece of perspex or acrylic sheet from your local Home depot and cut it to size yourself for cheap. That's how most shops do it anyway.

In the case of the PC-7, its just the reverse of a bolt on window. You simply attach the window to the aluminum from the inside with screws and cap the screw when it comes through to the other side with screw caps.

ah, that makes more sense. didnt realize it was just on the inside

NCIX finally got some of these in stock, placed my order, but it seems like it's out of stock again. Oh please be mine.

It's all your fault I bought one... Every MF'er who posted a picture of one ;)

xoxide was out of black, so i got silver instead, now I wait...

It's all your fault I bought one... Every MF'er who posted a picture of one ;)

xoxide was out of black, so i got silver instead, now I wait...

Cut a window in that thing right away and add some UV lighting.

Also have a can of air ready to clean out any dust specs that make it in. UV sure knows how to show those specs off.

UV is overrated ;)

And I will probably wait a while before I do any modding, I haven't come up with any ideas yet, standard windows are rather dull anymore :)

I was gonna order mine up with a design cut into it and backlight it, plus shove a couple of fans in the side, one above the CPU as an intake and one above the Graphics card as an exhaust.

Love the case, just coming back to ATX (had an SG01).
It gets smokin hot upstairs. I installed an Antec slot blower and improved things a lot, see pic. I was thinking about water cooling, but the northbridge gets really hot too, so I would need some active cooling here.
As for the window, I cut it myself, put on some really thin c-strip, and taped in some plexi.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lanpirate1/8800GTS/photo#5054229464325831634

http://picasaweb.google.com/lanpirate1/8800GTS/photo#5054229442850995138

http://picasaweb.google.com/lanpirate1/8800GTS/photo#5054229378426485634

http://picasaweb.google.com/lanpirate1/8800GTS/photo#5054229399901322146

man I really want one of these cases.... then I can toss out this p5bvm i am using and get a regular p5b and do some ocing!!

Love the case, just coming back to ATX (had an SG01).
It gets smokin hot upstairs. I installed an Antec slot blower and improved things a lot, see pic. I was thinking about water cooling, but the northbridge gets really hot too, so I would need some active cooling here.
*snip*
I've been toying with the idea of grabbing a slot blower. How loud is the antec one? My rig is by no means silent, but it's pretty damned quiet so I'd rather deal with a few degrees higher temps on my GTS than a screaming fan. I don't OC my video card either way so that doesn't factor in at all.

I was thinking about water cooling, but the northbridge gets really hot too, so I would need some active cooling here.

Kinda off topic here. I wonder if the high temperature on northbridge caused by reversing the heatpipe direction... :confused:

Kinda off topic here. I wonder if the high temperature on northbridge caused by reversing the heatpipe direction... :confused:

It's possible but does depend on the design of the heatpipe on the board. If the design includes capilliaries to return the fluid to the northbridge then it shouldn't have a massive effect as capillary action works both with and against gravity, if the chamber in the middle is just a hollow core then it will reduce the effectiveness to basically the conductivity of the metal casing.

I've been toying with the idea of grabbing a slot blower. How loud is the antec one? My rig is by no means silent, but it's pretty damned quiet so I'd rather deal with a few degrees higher temps on my GTS than a screaming fan. I don't OC my video card either way so that doesn't factor in at all.

The Antec slot blower had no fan speed control and only had a molex plug. I am using a Zalman fanmate with it and I've got it barely audable right now. It still blows a lot of air. At 12v though, its like a hairdryer, lol.

The high temp might be because of my 1200Mhz o/c, as I have been reading most heatpipes are okay to run in any direction. I plan to swap out the n.b. sink with maybe the
Swiftech MCX159-CU. And maybe the Thermalright mosfet cooler(when it comes out). I'm trying to order the Ultra-120 Extreme also.

yeah so I ordered the case and luckily it shipped from NJ which means 1 day for me in DC!!! But I am waiting on my p5b deluxe to get in. Now i need to find 2 more gray jerkers shelves to hold this and my new 360 i just got in... :mad:

yeah so I ordered the case and luckily it shipped from NJ which means 1 day for me in DC!!! But I am waiting on my p5b deluxe to get in. Now i need to find 2 more gray jerkers shelves to hold this and my new 360 i just got in... :mad:

good luck on that, jerkers are discontinued :( my ikea in Houston only had a few of the add on shelves and CPU units hidden down in the flat box area. I was looking for the shelf on the show room, wasn't there, but I had a hunch and checked the desk area downstairs in IKEA, there it was :)

good luck on that, jerkers are discontinued :( my ikea in Houston only had a few of the add on shelves and CPU units hidden down in the flat box area. I was looking for the shelf on the show room, wasn't there, but I had a hunch and checked the desk area downstairs in IKEA, there it was :)

I should probably do that. Not that I need the addons now, but who knows, I may in the future!

yeah I actually just need 1 more shelf so if anyone knows how to get one I will definetly pay for it!!

got my hx620psu installed.... the fan is on the bottom of it facing down... which is pretty much blowing into the case floor?

what should i do about that?

if it put it the other way... 1 its updside down :( haha and 2 the HD cage is right above it

what would be the best option for this?

got my hx620psu installed.... the fan is on the bottom of it facing down... which is pretty much blowing into the case floor?

what should i do about that?

if it put it the other way... 1 its updside down :( haha and 2 the HD cage is right above it

what would be the best option for this?

uhh... your PSU fan doesn't blow out of the bottom. it sucks in and blows out the rear where the plug is

img4172yz6.jpg

just waiting for intel price cuts and ram , i missed the firestix deal :(

oh and also waiting for the 2900XT HD

my disk drive and HD are pluged in in the picture... so there wont be many more wires dragged across the case :) i like it

looks pretty clean to me, I love modular powersupplies now

lookin good bud.
yea - modular PSU's ftw.

you goin air or water?

mATX? plans for a big radiator on top or something?

cuz it can be done w/ a full atx board...

;)

.|
.|
V

lookin good bud.
yea - modular PSU's ftw.

you goin air or water?

mATX? plans for a big radiator on top or something?

cuz it can be done w/ a full atx board...

;)

.|
.|
V

wow what you did is exactly what i would like to do... that grill and all

im starting to browse the wartercooling forum cause i dont know a whole lot about it

could it be done w/ say $200 budget? for semi decent parts... point me in the right direction please :)

I was wondering if you guys who are water cooling your A05's could tell me how much your rig weighs?

Also if your specs aren't listed in your sig let me know how many hard drives and DVD/CD drives are in your rig, thanks a lot.

I want to build a reasonably weighted rig I can bring to lan's to replace my currently heavy ass water cooled soprano (38 pounds)

Thanks!

I was wondering if you guys who are water cooling your A05's could tell me how much your rig weighs?

Also if your specs aren't listed in your sig let me know how many hard drives and DVD/CD drives are in your rig, thanks a lot.

I want to build a reasonably weighted rig I can bring to lan's to replace my currently heavy ass water cooled soprano (38 pounds)

Thanks!

Hmm I am gonna pwn this! Will show you when I am not under NDA anymore.

just got my case in today myself.. but my rig in there and I totally love it.. i will post some pics later this week.. my wiring job is ok.. cant say its the worlds greatest but it will do.

just got my case in today myself.. but my rig in there and I totally love it.. i will post some pics later this week.. my wiring job is ok.. cant say its the worlds greatest but it will do.

nice. pics would be awesome.

ok so i have a scythe ninja now in the machine, I was wondering should I have the fan on the side to pull the hot air or on the other side to blow over the heatsink???

ok so i have a scythe ninja now in the machine, I was wondering should I have the fan on the side to pull the hot air or on the other side to blow over the heatsink???

I'd have the fan on it facing towards the intake fan at the back of the case and blowing through the heatsink to ensure that the coolest air reaches your CPU first.

the only problem with that is the space between the heatsink and the back case fan blowing in. remember this case has the opposite cooling affect. Unless... how would it be if i turned around all my fans back the other way??

the only problem with that is the space between the heatsink and the back case fan blowing in. remember this case has the opposite cooling affect. Unless... how would it be if i turned around all my fans back the other way??

then your powersupply would be blowing air into your case

well.. I have come to realize that this case does get hot very fast... I love the size and all but I think I might just return it and get the V1000B Plus II as it will suit my needs a little better. I will take some pics tonight of the setup to show you how I have it but this case gets real hot very easily.

Back