HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

For HP employees who ordered on the 28th, good news, most of them shipped and should be waiting at your doors :)

Early bird gets the worm oh wait :D

I don't care seeing as for once HP is thinking about their employees.

Just got mine today, pretty cool toy.

and because of a glitch on onsale I will be getting my second sometime next week.

Mine finally shipped yesterday, ordered 8/20. Going to arrive 10/6 which is the day before my birthday. Gee... thanks HP.

And for the HP employees, they probably will be unemployed by the end of the year anyways.

I picked one up on craigslist NIB for $150, My brother works for EDS / HP and got his yesterday just after days of placing his order. These things are nice, too bad WebOS is history...

Well, maybe not...

Link

My expectation is that the Cyanogenmod team will have all the bugs worked out to put Android on this puppy.

If Amazon were to take over WebOS and use a solution, like Openmobile ACL, that would allow android apps on WebOS devices... If you solve the app problem, webos becomes far more attractive.

I'm going to die laughing if Amazon get WebOS, it is a cursed OS I tell ya.

It is pretty much BS, I've been waiting over a month too! And worst part is what if my shit arrives broken. Fuck HP, can't wait till they liquidate their PC line. You bet your ass I'll be hunting for a nice pc for my mum!

2emjs09.png

^ Thats some bullshit eh?

I would just ignore that until they send you an email thats it been shipped. Thats what I eventually did. They can't really predict the exact date when they will have one available for you and are doing everything they can day-by-day. At least you know it hasn't been cancelled since you ordered after the 8/21 cutoff date.

I would just ignore that until they send you an email thats it been shipped. Thats what I eventually did. They can't really predict the exact date when they will have one available for you and are doing everything they can day-by-day. At least you know it hasn't been cancelled since you ordered after the 8/21 cutoff date.

I ordered after the 8/21 cut off date, but my order is still listed. I already got my Touchpad, so if I get these great...if not, I won't complain. I really wonder how "firm" the cutoff date is...

They can't really predict the exact date when they will have one available for you and are doing everything they can day-by-day.

HP can't predict when? Doing what they can? Bullshit. I don't mind waiting for a great deal, back-ordered item but some of us who ordered before the 21st cut-off have been waiting a month and a half and yet HP somehow had enough Touchpads (probably tens of thousands of them) for reseller "second chance" sales and for an employee sale. How does that figure? Where are the Touchpads for the customers who ordered through an HP website 6 weeks ago? Until someone can satisfactorily explain how that can happen, I call bullshit. Because it is - Total bullshit.

i got 2 emails that my two smb orders will ship in 2 weeks.

I ordered both after the cutoff date too. This is great but now i have to find 2 more friends to buy these as i got one from OD.

i got 2 emails that my two smb orders will ship in 2 weeks.

I ordered both after the cutoff date too. This is great but now i have to find 2 more friends to buy these as i got one from OD.

I'll buy one from you for actual price, if you can't find someone to take them off your hands ;)

You make me sick. Granted, I have two coming myself...but 5!?

I seriously hate people like you....but congrats! ;)

lol, we actually ordered 7, but the 2 32GB ones haven't shipped yet.
We just made one order since everyone in our family wanted one. These weren't bought to be resold.
There was the chance that a larger order could have been canceled, but it was so hard to place the order on the 21st of August since everyone was slamming the HP SMB website.
Took about 2 hours to actually get to the final screen and complete the order.

We just made one order since everyone in our family wanted one. These weren't bought to be resold.
There was the chance that a larger order could have been canceled, but it was so hard to place the order on the 21st of August since everyone was slamming the HP SMB website.

You're officially off my kill list. ;-)

congrats man! still waiting on my 32gb. :(

I just want to know, for the people who have gotten their's, who even touches it anymore? Got one early on. Never touch it anymore.

Llama[Style];1037859740 said:
Been 4 weeks... Another 2-4 weeks and the 32gbs should be shipped out if HP holds to their word!

Not trying to start anything but how do you figure 4 weeks? I count more than 6. The last week of Aug, all of Sept. and 10 days of this month. Anyway, for those still waiting on HP SMB - I called AGAIN and, yeah, they are now stating (or did to me) that they WILL be shipped by the end of October.

If I wasnt too busy with work/school, quite a bit.....was using it daily till schedule picked up, for browsing and media use

I just want to know, for the people who have gotten their's, who even touches it anymore? Got one early on. Never touch it anymore.

Every day actually :) I purchased it with the known limitations as a web/media browser for the living room coffee table. That way the wife and I don't have to go to the office or upstairs for a laptop just to look up something on the web or check email. Unfortunately, I've been packing it with me to work also after buying the Kalemsoft media player and copying over TV episodes of Chuck/Lost Girl/etc. that I'm trying to get caught up on. Makes for a much better viewing experience (both Internet and videos) than my iPhone, easier to copy media to than my iPad (no conversion necessary), and not worried about having personal information on it unlike my iPad (which is technically owned by my work). I don't buy much in the way of apps (because the iPad is company owned), so except for some free ones I'm not missing much by going with the Touchpad and actually have more flexibility when it comes to media and web access (Flash support!).

I'm looking for a sleeve/holder for it that will strap to the back of the headrest in the car for trips with the kids, and watching for a good price on the touchstone charger/stand also just because I don't like the little USB charger connection (and that HUGE barrel-shaped adapter).

Every day actually :) I purchased it with the known limitations as a web/media browser for the living room coffee table. That way the wife and I don't have to go to the office or upstairs for a laptop just to look up something on the web or check email. Unfortunately, I've been packing it with me to work also after buying the Kalemsoft media player and copying over TV episodes of Chuck/Lost Girl/etc. that I'm trying to get caught up on. Makes for a much better viewing experience (both Internet and videos) than my iPhone, easier to copy media to than my iPad (no conversion necessary), and not worried about having personal information on it unlike my iPad (which is technically owned by my work). I don't buy much in the way of apps (because the iPad is company owned), so except for some free ones I'm not missing much by going with the Touchpad and actually have more flexibility when it comes to media and web access (Flash support!).

I'm looking for a sleeve/holder for it that will strap to the back of the headrest in the car for trips with the kids, and watching for a good price on the touchstone charger/stand also just because I don't like the little USB charger connection (and that HUGE barrel-shaped adapter).

FYI, I have the touchstone, and it has a USB connector and the barrel-shaped adapter. So technically you are not getting away from that, but you can leave it plugged in.

FYI, I have the touchstone, and it has a USB connector and the barrel-shaped adapter. So technically you are not getting away from that, but you can leave it plugged in.

Hmm.. that's too bad. It took so long getting my touchpad I hadn't really gotten a chance to look into the accessories and was hoping the touchpad had more of a "standard" power connection, not just another USB cable/adapter connection. Oh well, like you said it can be left plugged in.. I'll just have to figure out where if I get one. My 2 year old leaves normal power cables alone.. but seems to be overly fascinated with the touchpad wall adapter.. and it is too big to fit in the "child safe" power strip covers we have around the house...

i didnt use mine at all, so i traded it for a dsi and a nook color. the nook color is alright, though i think it will be a christmas gift. the dsi i use all the time and is awesome. using a laptop is just too much faster and more convenient than a tablet.

Hmm.. that's too bad. It took so long getting my touchpad I hadn't really gotten a chance to look into the accessories and was hoping the touchpad had more of a "standard" power connection, not just another USB cable/adapter connection. Oh well, like you said it can be left plugged in.. I'll just have to figure out where if I get one. My 2 year old leaves normal power cables alone.. but seems to be overly fascinated with the touchpad wall adapter.. and it is too big to fit in the "child safe" power strip covers we have around the house...

We have many USB wall adapters from various devices, iPhones, other smart phones. I would think you should be able to pick something out that would be a bit more child safe or would fit under the protective covers. Just make sure the output is the same and you should be fine.

just keep it plugged into an outlet in a room he never goes in like a home office or master bathroom, or else an outlet thats up high like on a kitchen or bathroom counter.

Not trying to start anything but how do you figure 4 weeks? I count more than 6. The last week of Aug, all of Sept. and 10 days of this month. Anyway, for those still waiting on HP SMB - I called AGAIN and, yeah, they are now stating (or did to me) that they WILL be shipped by the end of October.

they sent out the email on September 7th. They stated from that date 6-8 weeks would be the deadline to fulfill orders, not from the beginning of the fire sale. its only been a month since then.

I use mine everyday, mostly due to Splashtop (using my desktop PC on my TouchPad is great).

Back