HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Well, everyone waiting on their HP SMB order to ship, check your email. I almost can't believe it but I just received an email from them saying it was shipped today. The UPS tracking number doesn't register yet but that is probably just because it isn't in the system yet.

Thought they would never ship that thing.

Well, everyone waiting on their HP SMB order to ship, check your email. I almost can't believe it but I just received an email from them saying it was shipped today. The UPS tracking number doesn't register yet but that is probably just because it isn't in the system yet.

nothing on mine yet. :/

mine too.

Does the tracking start with a 1Z or a 96.
All of ours came FedEx Ground, and the numbers started with a 96. 1Z is UPS.
Android runs great on the TP too.

Shit, I should check mine, although I'm sure it won't be another 5 fucken weeks. :(

Does the tracking start with a 1Z or a 96.
All of ours came FedEx Ground, and the numbers started with a 96. 1Z is UPS.

1Z and is UPS.

Edit to add:

And my package is in the system now. Supposed to get here on the 18th.

1Z and is UPS.

Edit to add:

And my package is in the system now. Supposed to get here on the 18th.

Hope mine ships soon or I'm gonna have to call them and update my credit card that's about to expire.

Last edited:
So I installed the Cyanogen alpha last night. Took no time at all. Works great dual boot. Anyone else that has done it, are you having issues with wifi connected speeds? Even on cable I'm getting dial up speeds (10 min to download a 3 mb app). I know it's alpha and things are to be expected, just curious. I got Netflix installed but wasn't able to stream anything because it was too slow. Doh!

Installed the Cyanogen mod on mine last night following this guide - http://liliputing.com/2011/10/how-t...oid-on-the-hp-touchpad-with-cyanogenmod7.html. Took 10 mins, even ran the patch for twitter/google maps/face book. So far I'm loving it... much nicer to have decent browsers... installed Dolphin, Firefox and opera. I can actually get in to hotmail - unlike the POS webos browser. Love the live wallpapers the koi one is the shit (same one he uses in the video with the fish and ripples when you touch it). Android market has so more shit than Webos market.

At this point I'm not missing Webos at all, I've noticed a few bugs... wifi disconnects when it sleeps, if you try to reboot or shutdown with power cable connected it freezes... nothing game changing. Its nice to actually be able to use the TP though. Webos was stable and decent but you just seemed too confined.

Edit - my wifi speeds were fine. Grabbed a few things that were 10MB in seconds. I'm using a Cisco E4200 and connected to the 2.4ghz band though.

Last edited:
My 2 are coming from HP:SMB! :) woot. Not for resale, but had a few friends that were banking on me getting one for them. Glad to know I didn't let them down. One of them gave me a down payment and all just to secure his, lmao.

So I installed the Cyanogen alpha last night. Took no time at all. Works great dual boot. Anyone else that has done it, are you having issues with wifi connected speeds? Even on cable I'm getting dial up speeds (10 min to download a 3 mb app). I know it's alpha and things are to be expected, just curious. I got Netflix installed but wasn't able to stream anything because it was too slow. Doh!

I had issues with it not connecting to the Wifi, kept dropping in and out, then I rebooted to WebOS to check to see if I had WiFi issues and I didn't. Booted back to CM and it worked, although the Wifi icon only shows 1 bar (out of 3) for Signal strength while WebOS showed almost a full signal.
Netflix streams great and I seem to be getting decent speeds, downloaded a 12mb app from the App store and it took only a minute or two download and install.

This morning the unit was off and wouldn't turn back on, had it sitting in the Touchstone Charger all night. Had to press the power and home buttons for 15 seconds to restart it.

I had issues with it not connecting to the Wifi, kept dropping in and out, then I rebooted to WebOS to check to see if I had WiFi issues and I didn't. Booted back to CM and it worked, although the Wifi icon only shows 1 bar (out of 3) for Signal strength while WebOS showed almost a full signal.
Netflix streams great and I seem to be getting decent speeds, downloaded a 12mb app from the App store and it took only a minute or two download and install.

This morning the unit was off and wouldn't turn back on, had it sitting in the Touchstone Charger all night. Had to press the power and home buttons for 15 seconds to restart it.
Wifi issue is no problem for me. I just uncheck Wifi and recheck it and it's working again. No need for rebooting. No problem yet with SOD(Sleep Of Death). My only problem so far is the LAUNCHER keep disappearing so a reboot is the only way to bring it back up. Battery life totally suck so far for this version. Plenty of stuttering once awhile.

just got my shipping notification email for my 32gb about 20 minutes ago. thought id post in case anyone else is still waiting on their 32gb. if all goes well it should be here approximately 2 months after the order was placed. :D

So far I have had two different issues from trying to wake it up from sleep. One is that it is completely dead and won't wake up unless you do the home+power reset. The other one is that the tablet is actually awake but the screen isn't, which can deceive you into thinking its dead. Just by playing with the volume controls you can tell if its awake or not, I gave it about 5 minutes and the screen woke up on its own, weird.

Anyways, I spent some time trying to tweak the dock launcher and status bar through the Cyanogen and ADW Launcher settings. I figured that my dock bar was dissapearing just because "hide dockbar on long press" was enabled. My main problem right now is that my home button won't unhide the status bar incl. the keys without going back to the home screen when I'm inside an app, tried to rebind the home key to something else but for now I just won't hide the status bar at all.

just got my shipping notification email for my 32gb about 20 minutes ago. thought id post in case anyone else is still waiting on their 32gb. if all goes well it should be here approximately 2 months after the order was placed. :D
Mine will be 3 days shy of hitting 2 months.

Oh well at least I got a 32gb for $162.xx, right?

I hear these will go on sale again at the end of october for the 99 and 149 price again. Must purchase a few :)

I hear these will go on sale again at the end of october for the 99 and 149 price again. Must purchase a few :)

doubt it, the last wave for HP employees only weren't 99/149, they bumped the pricing up. I thought it was over though, I read they released the last batch to employees and that was the end.

got mine on amazon gold box for $99 during the mess.

doubt it, the last wave for HP employees only weren't 99/149, they bumped the pricing up. I thought it was over though, I read they released the last batch to employees and that was the end.

got mine on amazon gold box for $99 during the mess.

The last wave for HP employees were 99/149. I ordered one as well as everyone else i know lol. no one knows whats going on but it seems over.

Got one of my 32GB's in this morning. (Still waiting on the other)
Haven't really played with it too much since i had to go in to work early, but seems pretty nice so far from what i've seen of it. :D

Got mine today too. Looks nice so far. Now all I have to do is find the thread about overclocking it and turning off... what was it? IIRC, turning off some redundancy feature that people said was slowing it down.

hope this will fix my random reboots and random checkerboard screen into a reboot not sure why its doing it

follow this for all the steps to OC and the logging stuff.
http://touchpadplus.com/serv01.htm

Thanks fireburster for the link and DJ for the heads up about waiting on the other modifications (given the new 3.0.4 update). Appreciated. I had found the instructions about changing the logging issue but have not yet tried to overclock it.

Anyone know what the deal is with the Kindle App? It simply doesn't work at all for me. All I get is a white screen. Like it is trying to load but then just freezes up. I read up on it a bit and it seems many are having this same problem. That is going to be an irritant if it doesn't work.

Are there other e-reader apps for WebOS that are just as good and that work with Amazon? For that matter, what is the best forum and/or website for reading up on the better apps? Is there such a thing?

Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions.

anyone notice any difference with the patch? Over stock settings browser seems to be a little faster

anyone notice any difference with the patch? Over stock settings browser seems to be a little faster

After the update, even though the overclock patches don't work, the device seems "snappier" for a lot of things. Opening the webbrowser, accessing Kalemsoft Media Player, etc. I was even having some issues previously where it would take several seconds to recognize that I was typing something and haven't seen that since the upgrade. Could just be a clean reboot though, so I'll be watching the performance.

finally got mine today! now to decide who needs it most as a christmas present...

My 32gb was waiting on my steps when I got home yesterday. Ran the HP updates and put the KalemSoft app on it. Really liking it so far once I got the streaming working. What is the best app to remote into a Windows 7 box?

My 32gb was waiting on my steps when I got home yesterday. Ran the HP updates and put the KalemSoft app on it. Really liking it so far once I got the streaming working. What is the best app to remote into a Windows 7 box?
I've been really happy with Splashtop.

Yeah splashtop works great, need to forward ports on the router though. Would prefer LogMeIn but those bastards probably won't make it for the Touchpad.

Back