Guys picking up 2 XFX 7800GTX 512 meg cards RIGHT NOW !!

^Heck the 6800GT's he's got sitting there would be an upgrade for me, let alone those 2 nuclear powered bastards.

Marcdaddy said:
Maybe... Just dont rob me. Im a young 31 hehe. By the way guys after ganming and benching the temps with the case closed are 60 on Card 1 and 57 on Card 2 not that bad.
LOL just noticed that place made my PICTURE of BF2 look like ASS lol compressed it too much.

That's not even CLOSE to ass.

It's fucking beautiful.
I didn't think BF2 could look that nice. o_O

Really.

Marcdaddy said:
Your wish is my command Here you go

I wish for you to give me one of those 6800GT's of yours. With free shipping. :D

so what are ya gonna do with those old outdated GTX's I mean I could go out on a limb here and I guess I could take one from ya and thats only cause I'm feeling nice right now

anyways you should hopefully see improved resutls along with the new drivers, not saying what your seeing now is bad

I guess you can't go to lan parties anymore, your box is like a cash cow waiting to be smashed and taken

acidic said:
I guess you can't go to lan parties anymore, your box is like a cash cow waiting to be smashed and taken

Well, LAN parties that you're attending, at least? :p

I feel stupid right now. A few days ago I ordered a new computer with 2x 256mb 7800GTX in SLI. :(

Oh well, guess I'll wait for the next Nvidia family to make its appearance. With my 256mb cards on the way, the price of the 512mb cards just can't be justified.

If I may ask - Marcdaddy, what kind of program are you using to get your fps and game benches?

shoman24v said:
Call of Duty runs like ass for what it is. Spending $1,400 bucks to make a modified Quake III engine run good isn't worth it.

We're talking about CoD2 e.g. not quake3 modified engine...

Hey Marcdaddy, are you planning on putting an aftermarket cooler on those things? I'm curious on how many ram chips this thing has. (I'm assuming 16) May pick up a pair depending on how much of an improvement is seen over the 256MB cards, but I plan on WCing them.

that is pretty freakin cool.

..*dark music* but at what cost!!!!? (bah bah bummmmmm)

(joking sense...I saw the reciept!)

Marcdaddy,

Could you possibly post pics of the back of the card? - have not seen this yet from any pics posted.

Is all the ram on the front under the big monster cooler now or is there still some on the back?

Ok before i run off top work real quick, a couple of things heres a pic of the back of the cards, Yes my womans folks are paying for the wedding its only up around $16K which is crazy! my family is paying for the open bar for 5 hours. And yes im gonna take all the money i get from the wedding and spend it on aftermarket cooling for my video cards..well maybe not that lol. Also im using mostly in game FPS counters or timedemos i also use Bench Em All, Farcry by the way at 1600X1200 4XAA and 16XANIS with everything max, Supersampling and Gamaa AA on got 81.6 FPS using Benchem all. Be back with my benchs around 1 PM central leave me some more stuff you guys wanna see in the forums and ill run it for you.
Picture039.jpg

Heres where my wedding reception is gonna be, its in a historic train station. LOL just noticed my girlfriends ass crack is almost hanging out, like the wedding planner i think he loves his job too much.
Picture033.jpg

Marcdaddy, im in the STL and have been lookin all over for these damn things. Where on earth did you get them?

Nice... This thing comes w/FarCry DVD. I've been looking to dump my CD set. PITA that thing is (5 discs).

So this comes w/X3 the reunion as well?

wth? I was just in that TD yesterday.. shyat... do they got anymore? I need to hit them up before the items go to the online store.

Nuzzles said:

It's fucking beautiful.

Really.

Marcdaddy said:

I wish for you to give me one of those 6800GT's of yours. With free shipping. :D

I feel I need to quote myself. XD

Every single one of the images are not working because of all the hits this thread took. lol. Congratz MD... you were the first I saw with SLI'd 512s... whew.

OMG the SITE IS UP!!! Just when i was gonna post mopre screens the site is down, for like 2 days. Im glad to report BF2 runds TITS at 1920X1440 All max details 4XAA 8XANIS with Multisampling and Gamma AA, Thats the seet spot. Thats all i been playing that and FEAR. Anyway kinda lame that the site took a dump lol.

Marcdaddy said:
OMG the SITE IS UP!!! Just when i was gonna post mopre screens the site is down, for like 2 days. Im glad to report BF2 runds TITS at 1920X1440 All max details 4XAA 8XANIS with Multisampling and Gamma AA, Thats the seet spot. Thats all i been playing that and FEAR. Anyway kinda lame that the site took a dump lol.

I was nearly depressed when I foudn the forums weren't working.

I wanted to see your response to my question. >.>

-cough- -points to previous page-

Oh ya, i bought 2 more from TD, when i left they had 5 left and i dont know if they waited to sell them, Sold the other 2 for $850 a piece, so between selling my other 2 XFX cards and the profits from the other 2 i broke even for this upgrade. Know im gonna order a New Dual 16X PCI mobo for these cards and not sure if i should get a X2 or a Dual core Optoron.

Marcdaddy - can you check the airflow on that cooler and let us know how it works?

IE: Does it pull air in through the fan and blow out both ends or pull air in from the ends and blow out from the fan / center?

Depending on how the air flows - this could potentially be an issue for anyone with only 1 PCI slot width between their cards....

It blows right out the Back, So my card #1 in sli which is sandwiched between the 2nd card and the CPU runs around 75C to 80C while gaming while card #2 is at 58C to 65C, this is with the case all closed up, when its open it drops around 2C to 5C. The air flow out the back is pretty consistent with a small sized case fan but is very very quiet. I cant even hear it, i had to visually look at it to make sure it was running.

Now that would be the health risk with having these cards.....

My eyes would be bleeding from playing sooooooo many games just to see how they performed and what they looked like :cool:

Nuzzles said:

It's fucking beautiful.

Really.

Marcdaddy said:

I feel I need to quote myself. XD

=======================

Okay, so it was'nt so much a question...

HEHE, if i gave you one of those 6800GTS id have to take 1 of the 2 PCs i use to have Lan parties, i got a couple of systems set up to have some nice Fragging fun. The worst setup out of the 4 is a Chaintech 754 Mobo with a A64 3000, 1 gig of Corsair 3200, 6800GT and a soundblaster Audigy card. So peeps will be dissapointed looking at a black screen while we play lol.

Marcdaddy said:
HEHE, if i gave you one of those 6800GTS id have to take 1 of the 2 PCs i use to have Lan parties, i got a couple of systems set up to have some nice Fragging fun. The worst setup out of the 4 is a Chaintech 754 Mobo with a A64 3000, 1 gig of Corsair 3200, 6800GT and a soundblaster Audigy card. So peeps will be dissapointed looking at a black screen while we play lol.

you shouldn't leave the boxs lying around for pictures then. ;'(

Tease. XP

LOL sorry :( what kind of prices are Video Cards over in New Zealand? Shipping them there might be a little pricey.

Marcdaddy said:
LOL sorry :( what kind of prices are Video Cards over in New Zealand? Shipping them there might be a little pricey.

6800GT's run up around $700. D =

Nuzzles said:
6800GT's run up around $700. D =

New Zealand Dollars ;) Yeh, I agree Nuzzles, we can only dream of the prices the US gets :( AUS $1250 for a 512mb 7800GTX here :(

Nice cards, btw :)

Shadow27 said:
New Zealand Dollars ;) Yeh, I agree Nuzzles, we can only dream of the prices the US gets :( AUS $1250 for a 512mb 7800GTX here :(

Nice cards, btw :)

Even so...I have to work like a trojan to get that much...even if it is worth a lot less.

And it's still like, $500'ish US. xD

Back