Guys picking up 2 XFX 7800GTX 512 meg cards RIGHT NOW !!

Might these be cheaper in a few days on Newegg????

Otherwise, if you got it spend it! :cool: Money is no good until you use it.

They are going to have to build a new monitor with 3200x2400 resolution to use these with :p

I can remember when a good computer started at $2500 and went way up from there, so that's not too bad.

Enjoy! Post some Quake4 benchies (if you have the game).

Marcdaddy said:
Download is at 45% when i fire them up ill run some SLI benchmarks then ill run some SOLO benchmarks. Real quick while im waiting, whats the best way to Benchmark Quake 4, COD2 other then screenshots do they have a built in Benchmark program, also what was the command to benchmark DOOM 3 again lol.
Download Benchemall, it benchmarks all your games:
http://www.benchemall.com/

Doom3 bench:
open console, type
/timedemo1

Im running 3dmark 05, i had a problem with my Sata drives in raid got in the way of the second card, So far so good some trests seem the same as running 1 card but i wont know until its done heeh. Also i was in such a hurry when i got it back together i gotta tweak it up hehe.

Stock 4400+

stock44003ey.jpg

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59593&page=49

congrats on the new cards. :cool:

*on a side note*

I guess it looks like I'll have to wait until these cards hit the $599 price range because there's no way I'm spending an extra $300 after I've sold my current 7800 GTX for $400 (hopefully).

$200 extra is okay but certainly not $300. this boy aint made of money... :(

Re-installed drivers again memory didnt show up properly, Know it shows up right. Rebooted and running again. These drivers are from someones garage right, LMAO, so far doesnt seem much faster then mt 7800 GTX 256 for 3dmark, watching the FPS fly by seem pretty damn close to me.

Well 3dmark05 im not impressed only 12,549 on my intial run of 05, sometimes it dips lower when running 2 cards vs one on some scenec, But look at these FEAR scores the first one is running everythin Max Settings, 4XAA 16XANIS no Soft Shadows, the second Picture is Soft Shadows Enabled its simply amazing MORE GAMES COMING!
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/696/1strun2ly.jpg

lithium726 said:
those pics are amazingly small...

must be a cheap ver. of 512 MB 7800 :D

Hey, Marc, what's the max. resolution of your card, can you take some picture and post it in regular or large size JPG?

I also need to know if it comes with 2 Dual Link DVI port or not as well as if the card takes up 1 or 2 slots.

Ya guys im using the 81.89s my Imagehosting site IMAGESHACK is saying that there are Bandwith issues LOL. In DOOM3 timedemo at 4XAA 16Xanis, ULTRA settinga Supersampling enabled and Gamma AA im getting 123 FPS. In Fear in the MP semo with 4X AA and 16Xanis All settings at Max, Soft shadows on im getting a Minumum 36, Average 58, Maxium 139, I got sceenshots of all this if someone can host them for me i got plenty more.

Use superload and take some pic. of the card itself and let me know about the max. res.

COD2 running at 60FPS to 110FPS at 1600X1200, 4XAA, 16XAnis, Multisampling, Everything max, Textures set to EXTRA. Gonna go try that other image hosting site thanks. Yes its Dual DVI as well.

Ok lets see if this works hehe, First pic is 3dmark05 intial run then FEAR 4Xaa 16Xanis everything maxxed no soft shadows, the second pic is with soft shadows
1strun.jpg

Screenshot003.jpg

Screenshot004.jpg

man, with those benches someone or somthing is going to die if i cant get my hands on one of these

Ya im running some more benchies and screenies right now. Half Life 2 Loast Coast HDR , BF2 and CSS as well as Quake 4 now.

Marcdaddy, what are your Fear results single card?

Some guy at Nvnews with a X1800XT @ 690/800 (max OC CCC alows):

1600x1200 4xAA/16xAF, settings maxed except SS off, Cat AI disabled
22/40/92 (5%/62%/33%)

I should just go to your friggin' house and check this stuff out... I'm in Naperville and Joliet's like a minute away from White Eagle.

I'm personally very interested in single card performance since I'm not crazy enough to buy 2 512's.

Back