Guys picking up 2 XFX 7800GTX 512 meg cards RIGHT NOW !!

ozziegn said:
I'm actually surprised at the results of that 3DMark run. one of my buddies has a 7800 GTX SLI setup along with a 3700+ and he easily gets like 13K on his '05 runs. surely I wouldve thought that the 512MB cards in SLI flavor would kill his 13K scores.

What is that 3700+ running at? A lot is riding on the CPU at the upper end here.

I got 12238 3dmark05 on evga 7800GT CO's in SLI on my SFF rig in sig. CPU is running at 2.75GHz though, with 250MHz FSB. RAM is 2GB DDR500 2.5-3-2-8-1t.

revenant said:
I don't mean to take the steam from [H] forums, but OMG.. check this thread...

http://www.vrforums.com/showthread.php?t=43420

I like the "7800 U" on the chip die... hmmmmmmmmmm I wonder what that meant?? ;)
btw: please dont quote this and post it all over the place. in fact, i think i might take it down...

edit: yeah, i think im just gonna take those comments down :) i dont want to get anyone in trouble

lithium726 said:
btw: please dont quote this and post it all over the place. in fact, i think i might take it down...

edit: yeah, i think im just gonna take those comments down :) i dont want to get anyone in trouble

I deleted my post... sorry!

shamino got 18k on our fav game, 3dfart05, with the 512mb GTXs in SLI. while I am liking benching as an indication of performance less and less, this is still quite an achievement... move over bacon, now there's something meatier! ;)

EDIT: also done on a DFI expert board, which does not have the nforce4 16x or whatever chipset... still just sharing 16x bw over two pci-e lanes... very interesting...

^ 3dfart05? do you have a direct D/L link for that file? :D

ozziegn said:
he only has an FX-53?

good Lord. so now on top of spending $1500 on a 7800 GTX 512MB SLI setup, one needs to spend another grand or so on a CPU?

jeez................

No, my $175 opteron absofuckingloutley stomps his fx-53, on air, water, and phase. In fact, mine on air is comparable to his on phase most likely.

Can you say CABNE week 30 ampw? ;)

ACtually, 3.1ghz on air rolls better off the tounge.

Bottom line is that FX-53 is outdated. There is a plethora of chips out that are much faster. Hell, a 3700 sandy stomps a fx-53.

Ya i havnt upgraded it cuz there was no reason to other then 3dmark05, If im playing everygame now at 1600X1200 with every feature tunded on or BF2 rright now at that goofy resolution of 1793X1334 or whatever it is at 4XAA and 16XAnis i really dont need a different processor, but im gonna get something anyway just real tough deciding. Looks like im gonna get a New dual 16XPCi mobo and a Dual core Opty, sounds like a winner.

yeah - I think it should be noted that you do NOT have to get a 3ghz cpu to really enjoy these carss... but of you are a benchie whore then you should at least consider it... and yes, sub 300 bone cpus can be OC'd to 3+ghz, so you do not have to drop $1k to get 3ghz... :)

Ya i just sent KORI a bunch more screenshots of games, I must admit im usually a pessimest when it comes to hardware, cps, etc. These cards have made me rediscover gaming, the graphics are just simply amazing in some of these games.Im surprised that there is such a significant difference, I cant wait for the next line of newer Nvidia cards ill drop major coinage on them when they do come out for sure, how long do we got 6 months or more? Ill be ready.

Would this card work with the Gigabyte Quad SLI board shown on the front page of the [H]? Thinking of that is just freakin nuts!

Marcdaddy said:
Ya i just sent KORI a bunch more screenshots of games, I must admit im usually a pessimest when it comes to hardware, cps, etc. These cards have made me rediscover gaming, the graphics are just simply amazing in some of these games.Im surprised that there is such a significant difference, I cant wait for the next line of newer Nvidia cards ill drop major coinage on them when they do come out for sure, how long do we got 6 months or more? Ill be ready.

eh? already planning on upgrading? (I got dibs you get rid of these) :)

kenham40 said:
Would this card work with the Gigabyte Quad SLI board shown on the front page of the [H]? Thinking of that is just freakin nuts!

There is no sutch thing, there are 4x PCI-E 16x slots, doesnt mean they are capable of doing SLI, there is no hardware/software supporting it, i thought we already discussed it....

here or some more pics i was e-mailed plus i resized the pics on page 10 enjoy

6.jpg

7.jpg

Marcdaddy said:
Yes the store has 9 in stock and they have no notes telling them they cant sell them WOOT! I allready got my order number $699.99 a piece (BARGAIN :eek: ). Once i pick them up i will tell you were i got them hehe, anyway Which drivers do i use i heard that there are problems with the 81.87s. Also if anyone has any specific tests thaey want run post them now and ill do them in the order i get them. This aint no joke i aint gonna be able to sleep tonight, Anyway Im on my way RIGHT THE PHUK NOW!! Also PM me if anyone wants my lowly XFX 7800GTX )C 490/1300. IM OUTTAAAAA HERE Be back around 6:30 PM Central.

You must be single and making good dough.
:(

gman said:
LOL Im engaged, i have a good job, my woman has a good job, The pay is decent but only working 20 hours a week is best of all. They think i work 50 or more ;) Been doing it for 7 years, its good to be the boss.

I am in the same exact boat... and if I didn't have student loans and a car to pay off still I'd buy the 512s. lol.

Thanks again to lee63 for selling me his GTX256s!! w00t.

So many [H] forum members are married or engaged so early.

I'm 27 1/2 and, thankfully, still firmly in control of my own testicles. :)

Somebody mentioned 18k 3D marks, that is an absolutely disgustingly high number. Who wants to buy my 2 EVGA 7800 GTXes? ;)

Yes, Huggles, I figured you would be down for these... after all, they're the video equiv of your Supra. ;)

revenant said:
I am in the same exact boat... and if I didn't have student loans and a car to pay off still I'd buy the 512s. lol.

Thanks again to lee63 for selling me his GTX256s!! w00t.
No prob man, enjoy." Oh" and you got dibs on the 512s when they go up for sale. hehe...
;)

gman said:

Nope, hes getting married in a few months (one of the reasons hes spending so much currently, get as much as possible before the wedding so the wife isn't an obsicale to avoid while buying toys :p )

Chilly

Huggles said:

Somebody mentioned 18k 3D marks, that is an absolutely disgustingly high number. Who wants to buy my 2 EVGA 7800 GTXes? ;)

Not me. I don't think people should get married until they are 30 or something.

again - ditto. lol. it's good to marry gals who like electronics. :)

Marcdaddy said:
Ditto luckily my women loves Big screen TVs and doesnt mind my PC habits.
ditto. been with her two and a half years, shes never complained about me buying computer crap.

Ya, how many poor guys get stuck with buying crappy ATI stuff when they really wanted the top of the line 512 GTX ;)

I'm really curious to see some benches comparing the 256 and 512 in BF2.

Huggles said:

It must be a US thingy..being that the US is MUCH more religious that Europe...living together with kids is quite normal here...and going to church...less than 1% of Danes do that...

Terra - 30 and not getting married..ever ;)

1st im asked to resize the pics, then when i do im aske not to...
make up your minds

Terra said:
It must be a US thingy..being that the US is MUCH more religious that Europe...living together with kids is quite normal here...and going to church...less than 1% of Danes do that...

Terra - 30 and not getting married..ever ;)

No kids for me....clones.

Damn, at this rate, in only a few more years they will have to introduce VR headsets for games. The graphics will be good enough to support it soon.

Huggles said:
No kids for me....clones.

Damn, at this rate, in only a few more years they will have to introduce VR headsets for games. The graphics will be good enough to support it soon.

I remember that they tried to introduce that once before.
But that back when I was running a P166, the VR-res was 320x240 or something and 2 or 3 fligthsims supported it in-game.

Liquid displays, high res, and no-lag goggle-position-system(head movements, eye-focus, alligement of the eyes) could be a big thing.

VR wíth surround-sound and HQ graphics would be a totally new experience.
We have the GPU-power today, but I think the systems in the goggles migth be a few years away still...

Terra - At least at a monitor-like prize ;)

Back