Guys picking up 2 XFX 7800GTX 512 meg cards RIGHT NOW !!

No vysnc, all 1600X1200, LOL Look at this bench Counterstrike Source, 1920X1440 4XAA 16XANIS, all details at max, Supersampling and Gamma AA on, also some Screenies of HL2 in 1920X1440
untitled.jpg

d1_trainstation_050000.jpg

Good God man.... I think 1's going to be more than enough for me... that's an ungodly amount of speed you're getting from 2 cards in SLI.

I'm fine running games at 1280X1024 or 1024X768 in a lot of cases... if you can max everything in CSS including resolution and end up with 170+ frames even with older drivers, then I'm going to be very happy when I buy a 7800GTX 512MB.

You should enable vsync. WIth cards that nice there is no reason not to. Also most of people with nice cards would run with vsync on. If you could run some benchies on those games with vsync on and triple buffering on, i would greatly appreciate it.

LOL ya i did, its my XMAS, ok after i get done doing some more benchies ill turn Vysnc and triple buffering on.

Benchmarking with vertical sync is absolutely pointless. For most games, his average framerate's going to be locked at his refresh rate and won't likely drop below in many cases. These cards are THAT powerful.

shoman24v said:
Did you really waste your money on 2 of those cards?

Did you really just try to shit on this thread? Lifes to short to spend it being jealous.

Here's hoping that eVGA releases a 512 card in the next 4 days so i can use the step-up program. I'm not holding my breath though.

Dude your cards are f**kin amazing the gfx quallity is nearly making me wet my pants

seniorpaul said:
Did you really just try to shit on this thread? Lifes to short to spend it being jealous.

Here's hoping that eVGA releases a 512 card in the next 4 days so i can use the step-up program. I'm not holding my breath though.
I'm not the least jealous. It's just not pratical :p Especially if you already had SLI

You don't just go from 2 7800GTX 256Mb cards to 2 512 7800GTX's.

phide said:
Benchmarking with vertical sync is absolutely pointless. For most games, his average framerate's going to be locked at his refresh rate and won't likely drop below in many cases. These cards are THAT powerful.

Not in fear.

shoman24v said:
You don't just go from 2 7800GTX 256Mb cards to 2 512 7800GTX's.

Actually I might. If they are significantly faster than the 256MB model. I'll do some research and look at some more benches. There will have to be a certain percentage of an increase before I'd get them. But I am considering it after reading this thread.

Yeah, and FEAR's poorly optimized garbage. I can't really find any obvious reasons why it runs far slower than say, Quake 4, but it does.

Assuming "soft shadows" are off, naturally.

phide said:
Yeah, and FEAR's poorly optimized garbage. I can't really find any obvious reasons why it runs far slower than say, Quake 4, but it does.

Assuming "soft shadows" are off, naturally.

Yeah, the engine is FAR from effecient.

Very nice Hl2 shots. Why dont you up it to that 16x AA now, and see how it looks and them post some screenies here :)

Also, not to criticize or anything, but what is the FPS when you are actually playing a game. With the system in my rig, it says I get 96 FPS in the stress test with all settings maxed, except vsync isnt on. When I actually play the game, I average about 50. But even so, with that much video rendering power, im sure the numbers are very high still.

I'm still very curious as to how the large increase in memory bandwidth will affect 8XSSAA. I think this card might bring that setting into the realm of usability.

Marcdaddy said:
You do if you won the lotto, like $5 million you do LMAO!

You won the lotto? :eek: If so, can I buy one of your 256 mb cards at a heavily discounted rate? :)

Well i ran BF2 at 1600X1200 all max settings 4X AA 16 X Anis , Supersampling and gamma AA and it sits at 99FPS and doesnt move, turning on 8XAA gets it down into the 60s, heres a Screenshot at 1920X1440 4X AA 16X Anis, Max details, Supersampling and Gamma AA all on. stays between 40 and 70 FPS. If you turn Gamma AA off and drop to Multisampling you get about 20 more FPS. Furthermore at these high Resolutins i cant see any differences in Supersampling, Multisampling , or leaving it off.
screen003.jpg

Wow that looks nice. What is gamma AA? I never heard of it to now. I special AA mode only on the 7800 cards or what?

So when are you going to use liquid nitrogen and overclock the shit out of that computer and break the world records =).

Maybe... Just dont rob me. Im a young 31 hehe. By the way guys after ganming and benching the temps with the case closed are 60 on Card 1 and 57 on Card 2 not that bad.
LOL just noticed that place made my PICTURE of BF2 look like ASS lol compressed it too much.

That isn't too terrible a hit for 8XSSAA. Sounds like Doom 3 might be playable with it as reasonable resolutions, even with one card. Guess we'll find out.

Heres COD2 i upped all the textures to EXTRA and then the game really starts to shine, at 1600X1200 4XAA 16XANIS, supersampling everything maxxed except i left body count on high not insane the FPS are still great. Leaving textures on HIGH gives you around 30 more FPS but if you got the power you might as well Drive it like you stole it and pump up the settings.
shot0097.jpg

shot0104.jpg

Oh ok u want some pics of the cards and boxes give me like 4 mins i was killing some people with my knife on BF2 LMAO. Gonna benchmark Farcry as well. Also looks like gaming on that big dell 24in moniter would defintely work now. Gonna install EQ 2 again tomorrow and check that out as well.

Congrats man... those cards are friggin SWEET. I wish I could play Call of Duty 2 wtih DX9 and have 60+fps at max settings :D

Fly over to my house for the weekend lol, Im getting BITCHIN framerates in Partypoker.....
Im gonna bench Q4 now.

Call of Duty runs like ass for what it is. Spending $1,400 bucks to make a modified Quake III engine run good isn't worth it.

Pretty cards though. I'd get one if I didn't have a 256MB version.

Guys im Logging ill be on tomorrow i havnt even ate dinner yet lol. might go get a X2 tomorrow over a FX-57 just for some more madness.

Marcdaddy said:
Guys im Logging ill be on tomorrow i havnt even ate dinner yet lol. might go get a X2 tomorrow over a FX-57 just for some more madness.

anyone want to go w/ me to robb this guy? :D

j/k :D

Back