GTX 260 Core 216 SC Edition - $119 @ 'Zon

EBAY??? Bah.... more like 3 260GTX's SLI....

Of course, if it actually works. My CC has buyer protection, just in case.

Got my second comfirmation too, here's to hoping I get a gtx260 and not a 680i. Maybe I'll replace my ds3r with the 680i and sli the two 8800gt's I've got around here...

Wow, I came back just now, looks like this thread exploded. Good thing you guys enjoy it. Lets keep each other posted...to see if the orders/shipments are going through.

Since today is Saturday, it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday for you overnight shipment folks. Otherwise...probably next week for basic shipping.

Wow, right when I leave, this deal comes. Freakin' A.

I'm jealous.

Watch, right when I log off, another great deal will come. -_____-

Got my second email about 10 minutes ago. Crossing my fingers :D
What would a fair price be for a 8800GTS. Probably sell mine to my brother so he has a decent upgrade.

Supposed to be $319 -

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4151722&CatId=3585

Watch they bill your CC for $319 + shipping lol.

I received my email from Amazon saying that they have charged me and forwarded the funds to Tiger. The total amount is $125.38. I think they would just cancel b/c with this email, they cannot just charge more.
The worse scenario is that they will send you some cheap card that is not the GTX260, knowing Tiger, they might would do that just to waste our time or to cheat those that don't pay attention to what they are receiving. Also they can cheat those that don't get a chance to open their packages until it's too late to return.

got my email! says I paid for a EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR, and thats what I will be getting
untitled1.jpg

I got two of those emails. I ordered one....then I thought I may as well go ahead and order a second.

Hope the deal goes through. :eek:

Wow, I came back just now, looks like this thread exploded. Good thing you guys enjoy it. Lets keep each other posted...to see if the orders/shipments are going through.

Since today is Saturday, it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday for you overnight shipment folks. Otherwise...probably next week for basic shipping.

Order wouldnt ship till monday, so even overnight orders wouldnt show till tuesday at the earliest. TD is closed.

*sniff sniff*

Hey... you guys smell that?

Smells like..... Electronica Direct! :p

GL, I just saw it in stock again but not going to touch this one. Had enough of that kind of bullcrap.

That's a sweet smell...

I got my Electronica Direct order for the $175 GTX 260 Vanilla. ;)

Well, I've been to the Tigerdirect warehouse in Miami (assuming it comes from there), and 95% of their employees seemed not to speak english, so hopefully these orders slide through unnoticed, LOL.

I got my 2nd confirmation email too.

Nobody EFFING call them!!!

:eek:

The less they know about it, the more likely it is to slip through.

Whatever, it was on slickdeals so 1 out of 10 (or 5 out of 10, depending on what you think about slickdeals) called anyways.

sounds to me like we should be covered:

When is a buyer covered under the Amazon.com A-to-Z Guarantee?

1. The buyer purchased physical goods from a seller or merchant selling on the Amazon.com website (including the Amazon.com Marketplace), or used Amazon Payments to purchase physical goods from a third party website. NOTE: The following items are not covered by the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee: payments for services, digital merchandise, cash equivalent instruments (including retail gift cards), and prohibited items (including items violating the Amazon Payments Acceptable Use Policy);
2. The buyer made payment to the seller through the Amazon.com website or a third party website using Amazon Payments, but the seller failed to deliver the item; and
3. The buyer received the item, but the item was materially different than as depicted in the seller's description.

By the way, check out this rebate I found:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/02/65/04/89/265048990._V261117185_.pdf

It's issued only for October 31, 2008 though. Can anyone confirm that it might work?

damn heck of a deal if it's true. I just placed my order. Can't beat a 260 216 for this price.
Hope it gets shipped.

sounds to me like we should be covered:

When is a buyer covered under the Amazon.com A-to-Z Guarantee?

1. The buyer purchased physical goods from a seller or merchant selling on the Amazon.com website (including the Amazon.com Marketplace), or used Amazon Payments to purchase physical goods from a third party website. NOTE: The following items are not covered by the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee: payments for services, digital merchandise, cash equivalent instruments (including retail gift cards), and prohibited items (including items violating the Amazon Payments Acceptable Use Policy);
2. The buyer made payment to the seller through the Amazon.com website or a third party website using Amazon Payments, but the seller failed to deliver the item; and
3. The buyer received the item, but the item was materially different than as depicted in the seller's description.

By the way, check out this rebate I found:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/02/65/04/89/265048990._V261117185_.pdf

It's issued only for October 31, 2008 though. Can anyone confirm that it might work?

The PN doesnt qualify look at the partnumbers, they're just a bit off.

They're pretty strict about rebates. Your receipt has to clearly say your purchased it on OCT 31st 2008, and they usually confirm it through Amazon's order number.

edit: wrong part number too.

Sold out.
I actually called Tiger Directs service number (1-800-800-8300) and they had no clue. I even had the rep go to amazon and look at the deal. He said it could be 1 of 2 things. 1, a typeo or 2 a promotion from Amazon. He told me to give it a shot but as soon as I finished up with him, it showed up as sold out. Good luck to everybody who ordered them.

wow, you are lame.

WTF

I ordered one, then got cold feet cuz I didn't want to deal with a chargeback bullshit.
Saw they "fixed" the link and now I checked it again and it says $119 again.

Sheeeeeet I think I might just go for it again and hope for the best!!!

Why do people do this? like i have been able to get good deals before if i was just quiet.... :(

I don't see why someone would call. That's the stupidest thing you could possibly do if this is an error that could possibly slip through. Either way if it is an error, you'll get your money back and not losing anything.

obviously there is some sort of automatic pricing error on their site...

I ordered one, but calling doesnt make a difference, im sure over 100 people have already jumped on this....including myself...they are going to notice it..

the question is, Are they going to honor it?

I thought they had to by law...they advertised something at a price, they have to sell it at that price, expessialy after they allready took your money for it..

But im guessing there is some sort of loophole...probably in there policies..says they dont have to...and therefore i doubt they will

Just added it to cart, and went to update quantity to 2 ...

Important Message
We're sorry. The item EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card with Lifetime Warranty is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.

Reminds me of a time where I stumbled upon a website for some new company that had a bunch of it's products up but the prices were all at zero and some were just really low. Of course, I ordered like 15 items (around $2000 in stuff) for about 40 bucks ... and they canceled it. What jerks!

Back