GTX 260 Core 216 SC Edition - $119 @ 'Zon

I called UPS. Their deal with package interception is that it has to go ALL THE WAY to the sortation facility in the area where its supposed to be delivered and then shipped ALL THE WAY BACK to Tiger Direct?? Clearly its so that they can double charge for shipping.

Yep, my tracking even said Out for Delivery before it said it was rerouted.

Mine says 4.70lbs and will be here tomorrow if they don't "intercept" it before they deliver it.

Mine was 4.90lbs.

What did you do to receive this refund? Thanks in advance

I emailed two separate people at TigerDirect, and I guess one of them refunded me without me even mentioning it. (I didn't even ask for a refund, I was arguing terms and conditions with them :D)

Looks like all my assertiveness against a lack of Terms and Conditions for TigerDirect on Amazon ended with TigerDirect giving me $20 bucks!

[email protected]

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I understand you saw the page change on and off but please be aware that we didn’t know about this error until yesterday which is why we sent you the email. As stated on the email this was an item matching error. We sent them a product feed that they matched to the incorrect item, and we realize it when we started reviewing the orders that they sent us. We will make sure that you get your full refund. As per UPS the items are currently in route to you. As soon as they confirm that they won’t deliver the items to you we will advise Amazon to refund you, which shouldn’t take more than 24 hours. If it is ok with you I can comment your account for you to get free shipping on your next order or I can arrange for a store credit of $20 to be added to your account and it will be discounted from any order that is place directly through us in the future by calling 800-800-8300. Please let me know which one you would like for me to arrange.

Thank you for your patience.

Me: Thank you for the offer. I would appreciate if you could arrange a $20 store credit to my TigerDirect account. I don't know what my account number is, but the email address registered to it is [email protected] under the name XXXXXXXXX.

[email protected]

The $20 store credit has been requested please allow 48 hours for the credit to be active on your account.

They really should just give all who ordered and were shipped a motherboard a $20 store credit for the inconvenience, but I really don't care....I just want a refund.

Good going, Audiofreak.

Looks like all my assertiveness against a lack of Terms and Conditions for TigerDirect on Amazon ended with TigerDirect giving me $20 bucks!

Good for you. I hope the $20 credit was well worth your time and effort. And its nice that you posted the CSR's name. Now all the other whiners can contact her and pressure her for the credit.

Good for you. I hope the $20 credit was well worth your time and effort. And its nice that you posted the CSR's name. Now all the other whiners can contact her and pressure her for the credit.

In TigerDirect's email dealing with this mixup, the CSR was specifically listed as the contact for any questions or concerns. Your comment is unjustified given that information.

Also, I found Lucina to be quite helpful in this matter. Lucina extended me the $20 discount as well after a single polite email expressing concern that the order shipped instead of being canceled. I think that is a reasonable response to the situation given the money being tied up until the orders are returned.

In TigerDirect's email dealing with this mixup, the CSR was specifically listed as the contact for any questions or concerns. Your comment is unjustified given that information.

Maybe she was not the only CSR working on this issue. But now, all these people will be coming to her holding their hands out.

I think that is a reasonable response to the situation given the money being tied up until the orders are returned.

It's not your money at that point. It's $120 in line of credit on your credit card. If you are so tapped out on your credit card that having $120 tied up for a few weeks is a huge inconvenience, you have bigger issues to worry about.

Maybe she was not the only CSR working on this issue. But now, all these people will be coming to her holding their hands out.
Pretty sure she is the only CSR working on it as I got the e-mail with her name too, and everyone who has reported such an e-mail had her name as well. Almost certainly a mass e-mail

You do realize she is paid to do that? I apologized to her in my email since she had to deal with so many angry customers. But she has already received permission to offer the $20 discount, so addressing those who request it will be relatively simple. I imagine people will be less angry when they know they are going to be compensated.

It's not your money at that point. It's $120 in line of credit on your credit card. If you are so tapped out on your credit card that having $120 tied up for a few weeks is a huge inconvenience, you have bigger issues to worry about.

It's the principle of the matter. They had an entire weekend to sort out this matter and did not. This results in money being tied up for significantly longer than it should be. My money has value, regardless of whether or not it is a credit line. If my credit card bill comes before they have credited me back, that is $125 less sitting in savings or available to invest in the market. If your credit has no value, I would happily take $125 of yours for a month interest free.

I'm not going to ask for the $20 credit...but i'll tell you, I do feel inconvenienced by this. It's not because some of my money is being tied-up, either.

I still don't understand how they could get an order for 1000 refurbished motherboards over one weekend and TD allowed these orders to be filled. They say they didn't know until late Monday....that's 100% impossible. I refuse to believe that.

It's either that, or TD is the worst-run, worst-managed business ever. No rational company gets a huge order for one item like that without at least questioning why it's happening.

EVGA knew about it. People @ Tiger Direct were notified of it over the weekend. The OP and his "little birdie" knew about it. They knew it was coming and they let the orders ship.

So if people wanna ask for their $20 credit, then so be it. I know I didn't order to try to rip anyone off. I've had good luck with hot deals, knowing full well they might not pan out.

But I didn't expect them to try to use a "mistake", to pawn-off b-stock motherboards. I guess that's a lesson learned.

I still don't understand how they could get an order for 1000 refurbished motherboards over one weekend and TD allowed these orders to be filled. They say they didn't know until late Monday....that's 100% impossible. I refuse to believe that.

It's either that, or TD is the worst-run, worst-managed business ever. No rational company gets a huge order for one item like that without at least questioning why it's happening.
"100%".....you must know something I don't. I'm going to have to ask for your proof.
Do you think somebody is sitting at a computer watching each order as it comes through? No. The whole point of a huge operation like TD is automating as many functions as possible. I'm sure some sales manager or somebody would run some reports eventually, and that's probably when they noticed it late Monday.
This isn't an ebay seller who packages all his own shipments.

But I didn't expect them to try to use a "mistake", to pawn-off b-stock motherboards. I guess that's a lesson learned.
yea that's it
TD hopes to pawn off motherboards. They just hoped we would all say "oh, ok, it's a mobo not the video card I ordered, but I'm going to keep it anyway"
The ludicrousness of this line of thinking is absolutely amazing to me.

I'm not going to ask for the $20 credit...but i'll tell you, I do feel inconvenienced by this. It's not because some of my money is being tied-up, either.

EVGA knew about it. People @ Tiger Direct were notified of it over the weekend. The OP and his "little birdie" knew about it. They knew it was coming and they let the orders ship.

So if people wanna ask for their $20 credit, then so be it. I know I didn't order to try to rip anyone off. I've had good luck with hot deals, knowing full well they might not pan out.

If you've ever visited a TigerDirect store/warehouse, you would completely understand.

If you've ever visited a TigerDirect store/warehouse, you would completely understand.

Perhaps you're right.

"100%".....you must know something I don't. I'm going to have to ask for your proof.
Do you think somebody is sitting at a computer watching each order as it comes through? No. The whole point of a huge operation like TD is automating as many functions as possible. I'm sure some sales manager or somebody would run some reports eventually, and that's probably when they noticed it late Monday.
This isn't an ebay seller who packages all his own shipments.

yea that's it
TD hopes to pawn off motherboards. They just hoped we would all say "oh, ok, it's a mobo not the video card I ordered, but I'm going to keep it anyway"
The ludicrousness of this line of thinking is absolutely amazing to me.

I say they knew about it precisely because it's huge and automated. Automated means software to recognize buying trends. Any good business knows the avg. volume of what they sell for any given item. I would bet that TD gets maybe 10-20 orders a week for an EVGA refurbished motherboard. And that's probably over-estimating it.

Now, in one weekend, they get 1000+ orders for the same motherboard? And there's no red flag in the system for a Monday morning manager to come in and say "hey, we just got 1000 orders for a motherboard that hardly anyone buys...I wonder what's going on here? Let's hold these orders until we find out what's up."

Also, this was talked about at length by hundreds of people on at least 5 different message boards over the weekend. The EVGA forum mods knew about it, and they posted that the people at EVGA knew about it, who in turn called Tiger Direct about it. It was the number one selling electronics item on Amazon...and you're telling me some manager @ Tiger Direct didn't know? The bottom line is....they knew.

Like I was saying, either there is no such red-flag mechanism in place, which if I were running that business, you better be damned sure I would have it in place, or they knew it and said screw it...let's ship 'em anyway. The rebate model is predicated on people being simply too lazy to turn in the rebate form. Why not dump-off a few motherboards on those people too lazy to box it up and send it back or don't want the hassle of complaining about it?

EVGA has just recently been making a push to liquidate their b-stock on ebay and on their website, because they know they are going to get stuck with a large number of their working returns that they won't be able to move through RMAs. Why not give a "wink-wink" to Tiger Direct to let these boards go out and see how many people keep them?

The OP of this thread even suggested that the purchaser may even want to keep the item that was shipped to him, even if it wasn't the intended video card. All the while, encouraging people not to cancel their orders and telling people not to file complaints through the BBB. Who the heck is the OP to be giving out those kind of suggestions? What business is it of his? He's just a guy who saw a hot deal and posted it, right? Unless he was juiced into someone "in the know." Maybe his "little birdie" over at EVGA was giving him advice...

I'll take the inconvenience...It's not a problem. The deal certainly smacked of "too good to be true", I know that. I won't ask for refunds or file complaints. I am just completely not understanding how they could ship these boards.

I don't know exactly what happened or how it happened. Maybe it was too late to stop all the orders. But you can't tell me they didn't know about it.

The rebate model is predicated on people being simply too lazy to turn in the rebate form. Why not dump-off a few motherboards on those people too lazy to box it up and send it back or don't want the hassle of complaining about it?

Bad comparison. When people are too lazy to turn in the rebate, they do not get angry and call up the company to complain.
But when someone gets the wrong item, and it is not better than what they ordered, they WILL get angry. And most people will call and bitch, and maybe complain to BBB. Then the company would have to take the item back. It does not make sense for them to intentionally do this.

TD is a high volume business, mistakes like this can happen. Thats the risk with going after these price mistake "deals". If the price is wrong, something else could also be wrong.

Bad comparison. When people are too lazy to turn in the rebate, they do not get angry and call up the company to complain.
But when someone gets the wrong item, and it is not better than what they ordered, they WILL get angry. And most people will call and bitch, and maybe complain to BBB. Then the company would have to take the item back. It does not make sense for them to intentionally do this.

TD is a high volume business, mistakes like this can happen. Thats the risk with going after these price mistake "deals". If the price is wrong, something else could also be wrong.

I agree...which makes it all the more vexing. How could they waste time and money sending all these items out? How could they not know? I guess i'm just bothered that I thought, because Amazon and Tiger Direct are large, efficient businesses..."What's the worst that could happen? If the deal's not legit, they cancel my order? I may as well let it ride and see what happens..." I had read on EVGA forum that someone called TD and TD told them that their order was for a refurb. motherboard, not a video card. I figured, if the guy's telling the truth, there's no way they'll ship a motherboard because everyone will be ticked-off...they'll catch it and cancel the orders. I just couldn't believe they shipped them.

LAKELAND,
FL, US 10/16/2008 8:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
10/16/2008 7:41 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
10/16/2008 7:41 A.M. THE DELIVERY INTERCEPT REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED / SHIPPER REQUESTED RETURN OF PACKAGE
10/16/2008 7:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
JACKSONVILLE,
FL, US 10/16/2008 3:19 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
10/16/2008 12:37 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS,
IL, US 10/13/2008 10:00 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
10/13/2008 5:31 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
10/13/2008 2:03 P.M. THE SHIPPER HAS REQUESTED A DELIVERY INTERCEPT FOR THIS PACKAGE / RETURN TO SENDER PENDING
US 10/13/2008 10:31 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
'

I just got this, so they intercepted and are returning it? God I hope so! I haven't called them or anything...

WOW! heard many bad things about TD but didn't know it was this bad. I received pakage and open up and surely it was mobo. It looked like 60% of back of mobo had some sort of water damage, PCB was bent pretty bad where ports are and one of capacitor was bad(bulging out) That was big surprise for me. Today I gave the box to my wife because shipping is easier from her work than mine and she called to get return label and CSR was keep telling her that's is what we ordered but wife @$@%(*F at them and CSR admited knowing about the whole deal with amazon/TD about this GTX260 deal. Needless to say, this was first time and last time I'll deal with TD.:mad:

So, anyone actually have a motherboard make it to their doorstep yet?

Mine got delivered yesterday....I assume it a board, I haven't opened it..TD sent me a prepaid UPS label, I'm just gonna slap it on the box and give it to the UPS guy at work.

no harm no foul...
I have dealt with TD before, and I see no reason why I wont deal with them again

Mine got delivered yesterday....I assume it a board, I haven't opened it..TD sent me a prepaid UPS label, I'm just gonna slap it on the box and give it to the UPS guy at work.

no harm no foul...
I have dealt with TD before, and I see no reason why I wont deal with them again

Are they refunding shipping? They better be as this is clearly a case of retailer screw up (doesn't matter if it's Amazon or TD).

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

checked my email just now and TD refunded only for the amount of the cards that I've ordered instead of promised amount of cards+next day shipping that I've paid for. More bad practices from TD. I should have just went for charge back and kept mobos instead of keep wasting time like this and my money tied up like this. They kinda screwed me first then screwed me twice and now screwing me again with this and all this happened in one purchase.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They're not refunding shipping, fckin' !:mad::mad: Time to bitch.

Total refund for this order: $119.99

I lost 15$ due to a change in the US:CAD exchange rate... They're gonna hear from me... A lot :)

I got my complete refund as well.

The package never made it to my doorstep, so at least TD stepped up for their mistake. We're all human, we make mistakes.

Back