GTX 260 Core 216 SC Edition - $119 @ 'Zon

good call banzai, i kinda wish people didnt call TD and stuff.. but now that they know bout it, i want to know what is being sent.

I didn't want to at first, but we were warned about it @ slickdeals (I tried canceling but it was to late) and now people are saying its a 680i. One of them 680is are out of stock @ tigerdirect, so it is highly possible it is going to happen. The 680i info was on the page, someone switched a photo of it in there at point, and the prices were all over the place. Sounds odd to me at least.

Damn, why am I always late to these things?

Congrats if you got one! These things won't actually sell for that price for probably another year.

I jumped on it around 10pm last night, already got the duo-confirmation emails & been charged. When I ordered the only mention of the motherboard was a redundant product description, basically went
PD: ...video card...
PD: ...motherboard...
all product numbers, pictures and links lined up with the video card. If they send the mobo we're solidly allowed to return for a refund and file complaints for horrendously false advertising.

Considering TD knows (supposedly) I really have to believe we're either getting the card or a refund, due to the holiday weekend I doubt we'll know until Tuesday though

Well, im interested to see what happens. If they man up and take the hit... i will definitely buy from them again.

heh, its a good way for them to raise some fast cash to make payroll or pay their bills this week........then just issue refunds later on when they have the cash....:)

I bought one immediately after seeing the deal listed here. Wouldn't it be a smart move to open and inspect the package that arrives (if one does) while the delivery person waits a moment? If the 680i is in the box, tape it up and return to sender right then and there.

If you refuse the delivery you would have recourse with your credit/debit card institution as to filing a dispute for incorrect goods delivered and be able to get a full refund if TD is uncooperative.

I must admit I don't know all the intricacies of buyer / seller rights; however, it seems outright illegal to have a sales order receipt for one item and being shipped something else and incurring any charge for it. Regardless of what the second item description states, the sku number matches the correct item and that should be all that matters.

Oh well, enjoy the long weekend and we'll see soon enough.

AMDisSWEET

you are right, you can just return the package right there and get credit back. however, if they do send you the mobo, check the paper receipt and see if they said they were sending you the mobo.

if it does, you can use that and the A-to-Z guarantee to get your money back 100% since you ordered a video card.

I did that with NewEgg once. Refused a package at the door. It took me a month and 5 chat sessions to get my refund. My guess is...this thing is so huge...that if there was a mistake, it will be caught by TD before any product gets shipped and we will be refunded our money...or, just like the Electronica Direct thing.... some will get cards, but most will get OOS cancelled.

I put in an order last night when it showed 'In Stock: 1'. I think my whole thought process was something like 10 seconds (quite literally) on deciding to buy it and take the risk or not. Got my confirmation e-mail an hour or so later. If it was a mistake.. fine. However, I hope they deal with it before shipping us worthless shit.

What happens to the people who were browsing Amazon, unaware of this deal, and paid the full $325 for one of these? Do they get sent motherboards too, even though the product description / title clearly now state GTX 260 Core 216?

With that in mind, I highly doubt any of us will be getting motherboards. We will either:

1) receive exactly what we ordered

or

2) have our orders cancelled (which wouldn't be fair to the few hypothetical people who paid $325).

I'm pretty sure they're sending out a whole bunch of motherboards for this.

The people who pay $325 are getting it from amazon not tigerdirect, so they'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure they're sending out a whole bunch of motherboards for this.

The people who pay $325 are getting it from amazon not tigerdirect, so they'll be fine.

they can't send us motherboards and if they do that would be extremely dumb.

what we ordered clearly said the video card, nothing about a motherboard.

I also have my 2 confirmations and it clearly states that these are 2 EVGA GTX260 graphics card. there is no description of any Motherboards on any of the printouts I have, not even on the Amazon page where the deal was made from.

Now, being said that, the only thing that worries me a bit is this:

Amazon Payments has charged your credit card (Visa) for this purchase, and
the funds have been credited to TigerDirect, Inc..

I just went to my CC and there is no charge whatsoever on my card yet. Now, I don't know if that is because the charges won't be posted until Monday by my CC company or because the recent buyout of Wamu by Chase that they still haven't gotten their shiot together. I do have Online Fraud protection, but again, who knows if this will be honored by Chase.

I am getting a little worried because, for the most part, when I do this kinds of deals, I like to pay with my Amex as they have a "No Bs - the card holder is always right policy" that none of the other company seem to have.

Oh well, no biggie, worse thing they can do is cancel the orders.

Funny thing is I called in the morning and was told the order was for the motherboard then I asked to cancel and hung up. Called again a few minutes ago and my order is still being process. Something is extremely fishy here. I knew I should have gotten a confirmation number.

Wouldn't be the first time that TD did something nutty to me, but the last time was about 8 years ago.

just return your package if you got a mobo instead of a video card, all you can lose is 15 bucks in shipping. Still worth a try imo. And no, Amazon will not honor the deal. My friend ordered a Samsung LCD TV which is 500 bucks below market price. Amazon cancel his order after 1 weeks, saying that it is actually a typo. So, don't expect Amazon to take up the lost. It is not logical that they would do it, you can image 1000+ cards had been sold for 150 bucks less than their cost. that is really something for Amazon. they will and can't take up this huge lost. Tigerdirect MIGHT honor the deal, but Amazon will not.

so did anyone actually receive theirs? (2nd day shipping)

Funny thing is I called in the morning and was told the order was for the motherboard then I asked to cancel and hung up. Called again a few minutes ago and my order is still being process. Something is extremely fishy here. I knew I should have gotten a confirmation number.

Maybe they got wind that people thought they might be getting a motherboard, and are using it to get people to cancel.

If we do get motherboards, can I just call my CC company and have them credit me back and keep the MB? Under the pretense it wasn't the product advertised.

A little birdie who works for EVGA told me that they've been getting swamped by calls about this once-in-a-century offer. And the birdie wanted to make sure that everyone is clear:

If you have any questions about your order, only call the customer service helplines at Amazon or TigerDirect.

Do not call EVGA, they cannot answer any questions about this promotion or order status.

Thanks.

(I added this as a note on the top post, just in case)

I would rather do that, then spend money on shipping it back+a restocking fee...

If they do send me the wrong product, I will be yelling up a storm to make sure I'm not paying any shipping or processing fees. Hehe.

- Matt

I want this to go threw soooo bad!

I just bought an MSI and it overclocks for shit!...so i want to return the one i got and even if this one doesnt overclock, it will still be better with the 216

Plus i can return this one, and it would have costed me 80 bucks less!!!, and i dont have to deal with rebate...

But guess, what!!!!! we don't live in a perfect world, they made a typo...the order will be canceled...

at least there is a little hope

According to a CS rep, and a supervisor, they have "no knowledge of it" even though EVGA notified them about it. The CS rep told me that if the product I receive is indeed a mb, then I can just ship it back with a full refund and free shipping. Something tells me that he was lying, but we'll see what happens. He couldn't even find my order for some reason. Maybe they already canceled it?

IF this goes through, these are my plans:

I bought three cards. I'm giving one to a friend (for $125 - no profit), giving one to my bro (for $125 - no profit), and keeping the last one.

I currently have an EVGA GTX 280.

Should I

1) Sell my GTX 260 Core 216 and buy another GTX 280 for SLi (or the other way around)

or

2)
Sell my GTX 260 Core 216, save the money, use the GTX 280 in the meantime, and upgrade to GTX 350 SLi early next year

What do you guys think?

I wouldn't make plans about it just yet. You may be disappointed if you get a cancellation notice tomorrow in your inbox.

why the hell would someone even call evga? it's an amazon and tigerdirect transaction.

it is the people over at the evga and slickdeals forums, you should read some of the stuff people post over their, it's really amazing

last week when all of the 9600GOS deals were around some guy was warning people about why they were so cheap, he claimed the EVGA "e-Geforce" was a different type of GPU from the normal GPU's and that they were scaled down and not as good or something like that, and he called and he claimed "e-Geforce" was like the "celeron" of GPU's

absolutely hilarious

point being the people over at those places are idiots

I called Kmart about the deal and they had no fucking clue what I was talking about. Terrible customer service.

Oh yeah, I called tiger direct the day of the sale and they said that its probably just a typo but "to give it a shot anyways". By the time I caved in to give it a shot, it was sold out. I figured that even if they sent me the 680i, it wouldn't be a total loss because I was actually in the market for one lol.

it is the people over at the evga and slickdeals forums, you should read some of the stuff people post over their, it's really amazing

last week when all of the 9600GOS deals were around some guy was warning people about why they were so cheap, he claimed the EVGA "e-Geforce" was a different type of GPU from the normal GPU's and that they were scaled down and not as good or something like that, and he called and he claimed "e-Geforce" was like the "celeron" of GPU's

absolutely hilarious

point being the people over at those places are idiots

lol

on a serious note though, tomorrow is D-Day! Lets hope it goes our way.

Seriously? Ugh, I don't want to deal with this. I'm just going to do a chargeback the second it shows up if its a motherboard. I've got plenty of documentation that I ordered a graphics card. If its a price mistake, fine, cancel my order - don't pull some bait and switch shit.

Back