Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

I sit about 3 or 4 feet from my 3007, but I always sit a fair distance from my monitors. Even at this distance, one has to swivel one's head slightly to traverse the whole gigantic screen. And yes, the resolution is quite high, but I've really been delighted that I've been able to play pretty much all my games on that native resolution anyway (Athlon 4800+, x1900xtx 512). Really the only issue for me with the resolution is that typefaces can look kinda small when browsing or whatnot. But I'm getting used to it. And you can change font sizes in browsers if you want.

Perfect for everyday use :)

dsc011488rb.jpg

wondermoose said:
Perfect for everyday use :)

Do you have to re-size all those application in those windows size ea. time you load it up? Or you need to fit around each time you load them?

I see why you got such a big monitor, you have way too many icons on your desktop....does anyone besides me know that one of the points of XP is to reduce desktop clutter?

hity645 said:
I see why you got such a big monitor, you have way too many icons on your desktop....does anyone besides me know that one of the points of XP is to reduce desktop clutter?
I'm don't think I quite get what you're saying. I have this monitor and I have 0 icons on my desktop.

Happy Hopping said:
Do you have to re-size all those application in those windows size ea. time you load it up? Or you need to fit around each time you load them?

After you resize a window once, it stays that way until you change it. I also have zero icons on my desktop haha. I use a widget called "shortcut launcher" to neatly house the game shortcuts and apps that I use frequently. Everything else goes on the quick launch.

ARGHH!!!!!!!!!! YOU PEOPLE!!

You all are driving me crazy! I want that monitor now damit!!!!
But I can't til I get my tax return. And later still cause I'm trying to wait for the nvidia g80 before I purchase the monitor. :(

One question for other 3007 owners: did you adjust the brightness at all? I've left it at the default setting, and it generally seems fine, but I admit that big white spaces (e.g., on empty web pages) are a bit much. I'm using an ATI card, and I haven't installed the software that came with the display.

Um, how does one adjust brightness, anyway?

Ricky said:
One question for other 3007 owners: did you adjust the brightness at all? I've left it at the default setting, and it generally seems fine, but I admit that big white spaces (e.g., on empty web pages) are a bit much. I'm using an ATI card, and I haven't installed the software that came with the display.

The little + and - buttons on the front or in the display settings of your drivers. I turned it down a bit, I think there are 20 settings using the button and I'm at 7 I think, with 10 being the way it comes.

Just ordered this monitor and have been searching for the graphic cards required. ATI x1600 seem to be minimum, but from searching newegg, it's PCI Express. I don't have that. Are there any cards that will drive this monitor that are not PCI Express interface??

tyee said:
Just ordered this monitor and have been searching for the graphic cards required. ATI x1600 seem to be minimum, but from searching newegg, it's PCI Express. I don't have that. Are there any cards that will drive this monitor that are not PCI Express interface??

You'll need to find a Dual-Link capable AGP card. These are hard to come by. The couple that come to mind are the ATI FireGL X3 series cards and Nvidia Quadro FX cards. Basically do a search on new egg or whereever, filter the cards to AGP only and sort the results highest price first. The first few options will be the cards that support dual-link.

If you want to do any decent gaming on this monitor you have to upgrade your system to PCI-Express. There isn't really a way around it. Even Nvidia 7800GS cards don't support dual link, even though their PCI-Express brothers do.

tyee said:

Yes, you can buy a cheaper ATI X1300 Pro AGP card. I believe that has dual link support and will drive the montitor.

Here's a link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102673

Just type in 'X1300 AGP' or 'X1600 AGP' on Newegg and you will find a few options.

I can only find the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro PC/Mac edition that will do this. Can anyone find anything else?

Anyone had any luck getting either Vista or a Linux distro to run native on your 3007? I haven't managed it yet...

tyee said:
I can only find the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro PC/Mac edition that will do this. Can anyone find anything else?

Are you looking for a gaming card or just a cheap card to run the 3007WFP?

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

Since you don't have PCI Express I assume that you have an AGP slot.

If you are using a PC go to newegg.com and type in' X1600 AGP' or 'X1300 AGP' in the search field (without the quotes). All the cards that come up will run this monitor without a problem.

caboosemoose said:
Anyone had any luck getting either Vista or a Linux distro to run native on your 3007? I haven't managed it yet...

Yeah, I haven't been able to get the graphics drivers working for my X1600 XT on Vista and run it at a 2560 x 1600. I've downloaded the latest catalyst drivers for Vista with no luck. Anyone had any success?

Damn, I think I'm going to have to RMA one of mine. It's happened 3 different days now but the picture goes all black but it stays on, The light stays blue not orange and comes back after 2 - 3 seconds. I thought maybe it was the video card but I've switched the two of them around to be on different cards and it still only happens to the one. :(

Ricky said:

There are two ways to adjust brightness. You can use the controls on the monitor or the driver control applet that integrates into your video contorl applet once you run the monitor software included

If you want an AGP NVidia solution, the 7800GS AGP supports Dual-Link DVI on its DVI port to drive this monitor.

-F

Flash2k6 said:
If you want an AGP NVidia solution, the 7800GS AGP supports Dual-Link DVI on its DVI port to drive this monitor.

-F

7800GS AGP cards DO NOT support Dual-Link DVI. Here are the specs for 7800GS cards:

Superscaler 16-pipe architecture
CineFX 4.0 Engine
UltraShadowII Technology
64-bit texture filtering and blending
Intellisample 4.0 Technology
128-bit studio precision computation
Full speed 32-bit color precision
NVIDIA nViewTMm ulti-display technology
NVIDIA Video Processing Engine (VPE)
Integrated Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
Advanced Adaptive De-Interlacing
NVIDIA Digital Vibrance Control" (DVC) 3.0
64-phase Video Scaler
True color 64x64 hardware cursor with alpha
Optimized for 32, 24,16,15 and 8-bpp modes
Integrated Full-Hardware MPEG Support
Single Single-Link DVI Support

It can only support the 3007's resolution over the VGA connection. The 3007 only has a DVI-D input so it can't accept the analog signal. For some reason Nvidia decided to disable the Dual-Link DVI capability in the 7800GS cards.

Thanks for the info on adjusting brightness. That helped a lot! Heh, my room is kinda dark, and I actually hadn't noticed the - and + buttons, and hadn't installed the software. So, thanks. :)

I called ATI and Sapphire today to confirm that their X1300/X1600 cards are dual link DVI. The true ATI cards/chips ARE dual link DVI as shown on the ATI.com website under the 'product comparisons' link.

Sapphire said that their's was dual link but I could not find anything about this spec on their website except for stating the max resolution is 2560x1600 (this may be analog resolution the ATI tech said). Yes, the ATI tech could not guarantee that Sapphire cards with the ATI chips were dual link enabled.

I'm still waiting for email reply from DIAMOND regarding their X1300/X1600 cards. Seems they don't have a phone number to call! The DIAMOND cards are listed on their site with a max resolution of 2560x1600, so it looks like they are dual link enabled, but I'll wait for the email reply to be sure.

I'm just doing my homework here. I'm a tech by trade so like other tech's we like to check things out too.

I'm leaning towards the DIAMOND brand X1600 AGP card if I get confirmation tomorrow. I would prefer the true ATI branded card but at $100 more, why would I??

Thanks for all your help so far, guys.

Greetings all,
I am new to this forum and I am VERY interested in the 3007 How ever I wonder if my system (Listed in signature) will handle it. or must I get a AMD X2 4800+ CPU and Dual 7900GTX 512's to truely enjoy it? (if so what brand is best this system is just fan cooled I am not brave enough for water cooling yet and do not over clock.) My 21 inch Sony CRT is dying rapidly and has a lot of green tint to it so I need to upgrade.

Is there some kind of a switch bok to run both a computer and an Xbox/Xbox 360 on this? Also wondering about What software to get for the best DVD playing. And is there away to pipe in my Digital Cable through the computer into this monitor? I can afford a HDTV or this Monitor but not both I am on the computer more than I am watching TV but it would be nice, so if I can use it to watch TV wonderful.

Thank you all for this wonderful thread it has been very helpful in my deciding to get this Monitor. (Though I wonder if I should wait to see if they relase another 30" with more conection options)

My main games are World of Warcraft, Medal of Honor Spearhead, Call of Duty 2, Half Life 2, Flight Simulator 2004, and IL2 Forgotten Battles, and getting Oblivion, I have Battlefield 2 but I can not get it to load.

tyee said:
Sapphire said that their's was dual link but I could not find anything about this spec on their website except for stating the max resolution is 2560x1600 (this may be analog resolution the ATI tech said). Yes, the ATI tech could not guarantee that Sapphire cards with the ATI chips were dual link enabled.

I run my 3007WFP on a Sapphire X1600XT, their cards are dual link.

Dartel said:
Greetings all,
I am new to this forum and I am VERY interested in the 3007 How ever I wonder if my system (Listed in signature) will handle it. or must I get a AMD X2 4800+ CPU and Dual 7900GTX 512's to truely enjoy it? (if so what brand is best this system is just fan cooled I am not brave enough for water cooling yet and do not over clock.) My 21 inch Sony CRT is dying rapidly and has a lot of green tint to it so I need to upgrade.

Is there some kind of a switch bok to run both a computer and an Xbox/Xbox 360 on this? Also wondering about What software to get for the best DVD playing. And is there away to pipe in my Digital Cable through the computer into this monitor? I can afford a HDTV or this Monitor but not both I am on the computer more than I am watching TV but it would be nice, so if I can use it to watch TV wonderful.

Thank you all for this wonderful thread it has been very helpful in my deciding to get this Monitor. (Though I wonder if I should wait to see if they relase another 30" with more conection options)

My main games are World of Warcraft, Medal of Honor Spearhead, Call of Duty 2, Half Life 2, Flight Simulator 2004, and IL2 Forgotten Battles, and getting Oblivion, I have Battlefield 2 but I can not get it to load.

Your CPU will be fine, but you'regoing to need dual vid cards if you want to run stuff like CoD2 at native, plain and simple.

Dartel said:
Greetings all,

My main games are World of Warcraft, Medal of Honor Spearhead, Call of Duty 2, Half Life 2, Flight Simulator 2004, and IL2 Forgotten Battles,
and getting Oblivion, I have Battlefield 2 but I can not get it to load.

System in my sig allows me to play most games at naitve res at max settings with 0 or 2x TRaa and even 4x depending on the game. Call of Duty is very demanding but requires less FPS to feel smooth at least in Single player. She runs great at 28FPs yet Fear you need around 35 to begine to smooth out. I run fear in the 40 to 50 fps range 2x AA soft shadows offf and 8x af if memroy serves. I completed the game a couple weeks ago

7800GS AGP cards DO NOT support Dual-Link DVI. Here are the specs for 7800GS cards:

Superscaler 16-pipe architecture
CineFX 4.0 Engine
UltraShadowII Technology
64-bit texture filtering and blending
Intellisample 4.0 Technology
128-bit studio precision computation
Full speed 32-bit color precision
NVIDIA nViewTMm ulti-display technology
NVIDIA Video Processing Engine (VPE)
Integrated Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
Advanced Adaptive De-Interlacing
NVIDIA Digital Vibrance Control" (DVC) 3.0
64-phase Video Scaler
True color 64x64 hardware cursor with alpha
Optimized for 32, 24,16,15 and 8-bpp modes
Integrated Full-Hardware MPEG Support
Single Single-Link DVI Support

It's funny you post this, this is off a new marketing slick by eVGA. On their product description it used to say Dual Link DVI, and a few websites (guru3d.com) also denotes in two sections that it has Dual Link DVI.

"Dual-link DVI connector for extremely high-resolutions" and then later in the article "SVideo output, DVI I/D Dual-link for high resolutions. Of course you can hook up your HDTV towards the card this way also. "

It's really a good question, because NVidia's website says:

"Advanced Display Functionality
Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x1600
Integrated HDTV encoder provides analog TV-output (Component/Composite/S-Video) up to 1080i resolution
Full NVIDIA® nView® multi-display technology capability
"
And denotes that only the 7300 series doesn't have Dual Link DVI.

--

Personally, I don't have an AGP slot so it doesn't matter much to me, but there is a bunch of conflicting information floating around, be nice to hear from someone who actually has a 7800 GS AGP on what it can do.

-F

I was going through my camera's memory card and found this picture that I had forgot about. I took this as I was setting up my LCDs. Everything is in its general position, but I hadn't hooked up my 2 2001FPs yet. The 2001FPs in "pageview" are the exact same hight as the 3007, they just aren't lined up yet in the pic. Sadly, I have to sell the 2001FPs to help pay for the 3007. It is nice while I have it though.

setup.jpg

Yes, that is a picture of itself.

brom42 said:
I was going through my camera's memory card and found this picture that I had forgot about. I took this as I was setting up my LCDs. Everything is in its general position, but I hadn't hooked up my 2 2001FPs yet. The 2001FPs in "pageview" are the exact same hight as the 3007, they just aren't lined up yet in the pic. Sadly, I have to sell the 2001FPs to help pay for the 3007. It is nice while I have it though.

setup.jpg

Yes, that is a picture of itself.

wow, nice setup!

Their resolution wouldn't match right though, but it sure does look like a nice setup.

VoBoy said:
Their resolution wouldn't match right though, but it sure does look like a nice setup.

It does though, the pixel sizes are almost identical between the 2 models. Since they are turned sideways, all three monitors have a height of 1600. The combine resolution of the 3 across is 4960 x 1600 :eek:

Bah, so I got the replacement for one of my 3007's today. It was a refurb and it was messed up bad. Looked like somebody had cleaned it with something ate part of the screen away. You could see wipe marks and it was all washed out looking. Got a guy on their online chat support, he's next daying me a brand new one. So, for a point in time, my lonely 2 will be 4. Mmmmmmm 4 3007's on my desk.

brom42 said:
It does though, the pixel sizes are almost identical between the 2 models. Since they are turned sideways, all three monitors have a height of 1600. The combine resolution of the 3 across is 4960 x 1600 :eek:
Doh! Nevermind.

Back