Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

use a robot arm and hang it in midair. Now you have no more excuse not to own one:D

I don't understand that type of excuse either. If you've got the money for a panel like this and you truly want one, you make the damn room for it. Somehow.

If you've got enough money for this panel, you ought to have enough to get a bigger desk, and knock a few walls through if It comes to that :D

Would anyone be kind enough and take a few seconds to post the exact size of the package.

I am dreaming of taking one of these babys to Brazil:cool:but i need to do the costs math and shipping costs far exceed this baby price:

i need to know the carton/box/package size!:eek: weight is a desirable info, but non-crucial.

Would anyone be kind enough and take a few seconds to post the exact size of the package.

I am dreaming of taking one of these babys to Brazil:cool:but i need to do the costs math and shipping costs far exceed this baby price:

i need to know the carton/box/package size!:eek: weight is a desirable info, but non-crucial.

34 pounds shipped. Box, i dont remember

This is how big the box is (about the size of 2 small kids):

DSC00492Large.jpg

Sorry, i no longer have the box

EDIT: Hey, I measured the carpet for you ;-) and also found the base of the box

The width is 33" (give or take 1/2"), the depth is 11" (give or take 1/4").

So if you need the height, well, measure the picture and do the math.

I just got the HC version of this monitor, and it's really just the right size after using the 2405 for so long. I was beginning to use up all the desktop space on the 24'' and a 30'', although intimidating in stores, was a commensurate upgrade. The best part though was the ability to use the 24'' as well -- now my desktop space needs are satiated :)

desknew1.jpg

Well, after looking and trying a few monitors to replace my aging 2405 I have settled on a 3007HC. I have had it for about 6 weeks and am very happy with it and would not consider anything else. In other words, I have no buyer’s remorse. As a photographer I am very happy with the ability to blow up a picture and do extremely fine detail work and with the smaller dot pitch it helps me make the work much more accurate. Compared to the early model 2405 I have been using, it is a dream. Color saturation is so much better even after calibration. Shadow detail is considerably better and being an IPS panel I no longer have the dreaded color/contrast shift. It is used with a Spyder2 Express for better color accuracy.

My other work with making legal documents and web management are just easier to work with. Word automatically comes up 2 pages wide (extremely clear lettering); PDF and my Cat Scan/MRI documents are easier to work with.

Overall it has satisfied everything I wanted to improve over my old 2405 and it even has exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this monitor to anyone with professional needs for a large monitor.

How does it do with lower res like 1920 by 1080 when you cant run it native on demanding games like crysis?

I am thinknig of getting one for chrismas. Is there anything I should know.
Thanks

Just that if you intend to play games on the thing, you will most likely need a pair of badass video cards to get the job done.

How does it do with lower res like 1920 by 1080 when you cant run it native on demanding games like crysis?

Does not look good...I have to uncheck "Full Screen" to play in a smaller window (24" 1900x1200) lol and it looks great.

I am thinknig of getting one for chrismas. Is there anything I should know.
Thanks

Aside from Cysis I played all of my games no problem with an 8800 GTS card (i.e. BF2, CS:S, Half Life 2, Fear, etc...) in Native resolution with little to no AA.

I upgraded to an GTX thanks to Crysis and even then it takes a big hit.

i did, i saw that sharp onsale reburbished for $699 today, and passed on it. Placed my order for my 3007 an hour ago. i payed $1145 shipped for it.

will posts pics when it gets here, im so excited about it. its going to be a huge upgrade from my dell 1905 that i bought about 5-6 years ago.

Youll be happy its a kick ass monitor. I would suggest you get SLI and a good set of cards if you game on it

so its worth the extra $$$ ? when you look at performance gain ?

The money was unimportant to me. I wanted the best display on the market offering the highest resolutions and image quality. At the time I made my purchase that was the Dell 3007WFP. I am still enjoying my purchase now six months or more after that decision was made.

if you go to the dell website you see the DELL UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC for $669

what can you say about that one? is it worth it?

if you go to the dell website you see the DELL UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC for $669

what can you say about that one? is it worth it?

I can say that 24" monitors are definitely the sweet spot for a number of reasons. I haven't used the Dell 2407WFP-HC but if it's like the rest of their higher end monitors, it should be a solid buy.

Back