Google Pixel 3

Discussion in 'Smart Phones and Devices' started by CHANG3D, May 29, 2018.

1. Zorachus

Zorachus [H]ardForum Junkie

I'm on T-Mobile with my 3 XL, and I check every day still no May update. But the last few updates came out immediately each first Monday, I would check system update, on April 1st, and March 4th and February 4th, and the update was ready to go right away, first try.

But now it's back to like before, where updates would be nowhere for a good week or ten days.

I'm no Apple iPhone fan, but when there's an update, there's a frigging update for all, doesn't matter if you have Verizon or T-Mobile or unlocked, everyone gets the update the exact same time, same day. I thought Google was finally doing this, but seems to early to celebrate, as they are back to their delays, or maybe it's the carrier, but that never happens when an iPhone has a new update.

2. harsaphes

harsaphes [H]ardness Supreme

I have an unlocked phone and that never happens to me.

3. kirbyrj

kirbyrj [H]ard as it Gets

I have the May update on my Pixel 3. Got it a few days ago.

4. T4rd

T4rd [H]ardForum Junkie

It's been several months now since my 2 XL on T-Mobile hasn't got the OTA the same day it's released. But it used to be every other month that I would have to wait days or up to two weeks one month to get the security update. The check for updates button has actually worked for me the past few months too.

5. shansoft

shansoft [H]ardness Supreme

I have unlock directly from Google, none of my device got the update...

Just did the update myself....

6. kirbyrj

kirbyrj [H]ard as it Gets

Well I just switched from the pixel 3 to the 3A and I gave my pixel 3 to my girlfriend. In day-to-day use it doesn't really feel much different. Once in awhile it will have a hitch just because of the slower processor but overall I don't see $400 worth of difference.

T4rd, exlink, Zorachus and 1 other person like this.