GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Case looks great, tophat idea is pretty cool. Also the bigger CPU cooler height options make this intriguing and I appreciate the motherboard cutout for easy mounting. I would add to the chorus here asking for some more ventilation on the bottom and wondering about the perforated panel on the "core" piece and how that affects air flow.

I am curious about this comment earlier Pachalski :

Is that a 1080Ti on air? If so how is that possible? I have a Dan A4 and while your case is a little different it's not that different, at least in its default config. My 1080Ti FE sounds like a small hairdryer when gaming (albeit while playing demanding titles at 4K). At idle and just while browsing the internet my case is basically silent also, but at load my GPU is really loud and from reading about AIBs it doesn't seem any of them are inaudible either under load....

I basically would expect this case to have better thermals and noise than the A4 if you're using a bigger cooler and/or watercooling, which to me is the selling point here. But with basically the same components, for example a stock air cooled Ti (any of them), I would not expect much improvement over the same component in the A4, correct me if I am wrong? And I am asking as a curious possible buyer, not as a nitpicker! Like I said I really like the case.
Correction: I have the ASUS 1080 Strix in this one with standard cooling, I stand corrected. thank you!

Not right no, but this is a living platform that will be in constant evolution with full compatibility for years. A solution is being worked on now in this area and it is looking promising.

So you're saying these solutions would be compatible with existing models, or it would be a refresh where you would have to buy a new compatible case? Thanks for the reply.

There will be a golden nugget at 200% pledge level that will be offered to all backers before that level is reached as a free option that might just satisfy you ;)

Sorry if I'm not reading that well, but does this mean I have to back it before 200% to get in on it, or can I wait for it to hit 200% and then decide?

So you're saying these solutions would be compatible with existing models, or it would be a refresh where you would have to buy a new compatible case? Thanks for the reply.

Defiantly compatible with existing models. The Spine is the single most expensive part, both to design and produce, it is the very core that everything is built around. If a new bottom is released it will:
1) Be cheap
2) Be compatible with the current Spine

And we certainly hope that the community, with the use of the DXF-files, will find new and improved solutions that are better suited for specific applications than the standard components offer - this is why the core will remain

Sorry if I'm not reading that well, but does this mean I have to back it before 200% to get in on it, or can I wait for it to hit 200% and then decide?

Sorry, I can't say much or else the marketing team will leave... that's why I'm being diffuse. But you can get on it before or after, but if we don't reach 200% there will not be enough financial maneuverability to offer more options.

Reactions: gcj
like this
Sorry, I can't say much or else the marketing team will leave... that's why I'm being diffuse. But you can get on it before or after, but if we don't reach 200% there will not be enough financial maneuverability to offer more options.

When will the kickstarter page actually be up? It's less than 24 hours from launch.

When will the kickstarter page actually be up? It's less than 24 hours from launch.

We have talked to them and apparently we can't publish it before the actual launch.

What we will do instead is to send every subscriber a 3h notice e-mail with all the information.

Aren't the air ventilation holes on the sides a bit too small?

This has been discussed (not sure it was here) and we are looking to increase these slightly to go from 30% OA to ~40% - a 33% increase

Reactions: DG25
like this
We have talked to them and apparently we can't publish it before the actual launch.

What we will do instead is to send every subscriber a 3h notice e-mail with all the information.
How many subscribers do you actually have?

Has there been any thought on thermals of m.2 drives that are mounted in the rear of the motherboard.

Just received the reminder email sent to subscribers, prices for the early birds revealed!

sMptizY.png

Will there be option to order more than one? (say one in black, and one in white) and multiple tophats?

I never got the email and I subscribed the other day :(.

Hopefully get a Super Early Bird one later this evening.

is there the possibility to order a single second tophat? im locking for an s in the beginning and a xl in the future

Last edited:
Is the shipping accurate? Says SEK 650, about $73. Seems a bit pricey.

Great price on the case otherwise.

Is the shipping accurate? Says SEK 650, about $73. Seems a bit pricey.

Great price on the case otherwise.

While I don't disagree with your statement (and don't know what region of the world you live in), the cost is in line with what I've paid for shipping from Europe in the past.

Edit: Total cost to me personally (after VAT is removed) is actually ~20% cheaper than it would cost me to purchase and ship a NCase M1 or a Dan A4, so I can hardly complain about that.

Reactions: Jspr
like this
Well I'm in. Good luck with the campaign. Would really like to see this become reality :)

While I don't disagree with your statement (and don't know what region of the world you live in), the cost is in line with what I've paid for shipping from Europe in the past.

Edit: Total cost to me personally (after VAT is removed) is actually ~20% cheaper than it would cost me to purchase and ship a NCase M1 or a Dan A4, so I can hardly complain about that.

To the USA:

NCase is $35
Dan A4 was $24
Ghost is $73

I'm still in regardless, but would be nicer if shipping prices were adjusted a bit if possible.

There also seems to be a mix up on the pledge descriptions.

On the 'GHOST S1 (XS)' it states a choice of top hats...
On the 'GHOST S1 (XS) + TopHat (S/M/L)' there is no mention of a tophat selection.

Same in Europe, more than $45 for shipping from Sweden to Germany? Please reconsider the shipping costs. It might irritate some potential pledgers ;)

super early bird got. as other people says, shipping costs are strangely high on my opinion.i think ship them from germany will be cheaper

I wonder if the cost of shipping is to offset manuf. costs. They include a 3M riser cable...which in Sweden costs around 1000kr. Since the case is selling for 1700kr..I find it hard to believe that 700kr covers costs of building.

My understanding is that the shipping costs for the NCase are subsidised, that is the actual "sticker price" of the NCase includes an allowance for shipping. So the $40 to ship to Europe (for example) as quoted on the NCase website is actually lower than the actual cost of shipping.

So it might not be entirely accurate to compare quoted shipping costs between different projects as some may be explicit fees and others a mix of implicit and explicit fees.

Managed to get in on this KS campaign.
I'm backer #41 -- just wanna say congrats to the team for making it this far, and I really do wish you guys luck. This is by far my favorite SFF case to date!

Okay I am a super early bird... but there is a long way to go to fund this thing. Talk it up here, with your friends and on other forums. Let's not let this go the way of the Dune case.

Neil

Pledged... now I'll have a second Dan case and this case sitting around waiting for components, if this is successful. The initial rollout here seems a little "quieter" than some of the other successful projects of late, hope that isn't indicative of whether you get funded.

I really like the top hat idea and the bigger CPU compatibility options. I'll be curious to see if this case can actually be a quieter performer on the GPU side with the additional cooling options than our other brilliant kickstarter cases. I feel like no matter what, a 250w GPU in a small case is going to be loud and there is nothing you can do about it. But I will happily spend money to try and prove myself wrong!

If this actually happens I'm leaning towards the 28mm tophat, as the 56mm seems a little too large, but I'd like to see the ideas the community comes up with here. I assume we make our decision on that later.

Agreed on the shipping--ouch. But I am optimistic that for a decent shipping price we will get decent shipping times? :)

I think part of the issue is the timing - it's in between waves of cases.

There was enough time between the Ncase M1 and the current Sentry / Dondan A4 / S4 Mini that peoples' wallets had a chance to recover.

I imagine there are a bunch of us who have just purchased one of the above cases and don't have the funds to buy a Ghost. If I weren't saving up for a new GPU and had the money to spare, I would definitely buy one, but as it is...

Ah well, I don't need more cases anyways - I'd have to find someone new to build a computer for, and I've plum run out! :p

I think part of the issue is the timing - it's in between waves of cases.

There was enough time between the Ncase M1 and the current Sentry / Dondan A4 / S4 Mini that peoples' wallets had a chance to recover.

I imagine there are a bunch of us who have just purchased one of the above cases and don't have the funds to buy a Ghost. If I weren't saving up for a new GPU and had the money to spare, I would definitely buy one, but as it is...

Ah well, I don't need more cases anyways - I'd have to find someone new to build a computer for, and I've plum run out! :p

I actually bought my Ncase v5 in February as my introduction to the SFF community. Something about the smaller footprint really appealed to me, so I started doing a lot of research into other SFF cases. I had already missed the train on the Dan case, but as someone who can never settle on 1 configuration, I think the Ghost s1 is the perfect case for me. It's an expensive hobby when you get into these specialty cases and such, but the tophats in the Ghost give a much needed level of customization and expandability. It's a great alternative for people who didn't have an opportunity to purchase the Dan case, imho. Do you know how many Ncase builds I've seen that look the exact same? I even saw one on reddit where someone copied another guy's Ncase hard line "custom loop" bend for bend -- pretty awful.

The problem I think they're going to have is exposure to people who have no experience in SFF builds. I came across their website last month some time and didn't know they were ready for Kickstarter until this morning. Love the case and love the idea, but this project needs a ton of exposure in the next 30 days if it is to be successful. SFF cases are already in a niche market of their own and I think they have a great differentiation strategy with the top-hat concept, I just really hope the community steps up to support them.

I got my early bird in, and really hope they get funded. I've done a couple of low budget SFF builds for family, but not anything like the powerhouse I've got planned for this case.

If I'm using a short GPU (173mm), can I use that remaining space for HDD's? If my math is worth anything it should be ~130mm*144mm*46mm, and this could potentially hold a 3.5" drive.

(Sorry if I missed in earlier in the thread...)

Back