GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Lets say I did a watercooling loop in this case using the large hat with a 240mm radiator. How would I fill that loop?
Would there be enough space for some kind of T-line or fill port?
EDIT: Length of the case is 315mm, so it would seem that there is about 75mm space for some kind of fill port.

Last edited:
Lets say I did a watercooling loop in this case using the large hat with a 240mm radiator. How would I fill that loop?
Would there be enough space for some kind of T-line or fill port?
EDIT: Length of the case is 315mm, so it would seem that there is about 75mm space for some kind of fill port.

The case is not designed with custom water cooling solutions in mind. We have not tested any. Stacking multiple TopHats can create the nessesery space if a L TopHat won't cut it.

The case is not designed with custom water cooling solutions in mind. We have not tested any. Stacking multiple TopHats can create the nessesery space if a L TopHat won't cut it.

It might be something at least worth thinking about, though.

What's your anticipated price for this case? Somebody who is willing to drop $200 on their case, if they're going to watercool, seems to me to be a lot more likely to go with balls-to-the-wall all-out watercooling than an unreliable all-in-one.

Oh, then I understand your concern :) I mean that we are extruding them, pushing heated aluminum though a die - just like you do with an aluminium profile. The result is a 50 meter long pipe/profile that is cut in the right length and then only the holes are CNCd

Based on the images, I assume the blade is one piece?

If so, it might be more cost effective and less headache to use 3mm 6061-T5 aluminum.

It might be something at least worth thinking about, though.

What's your anticipated price for this case? Somebody who is willing to drop $200 on their case, if they're going to watercool, seems to me to be a lot more likely to go with balls-to-the-wall all-out watercooling than an unreliable all-in-one.

This case won't satisfy everyone and it is not trying to, however it is not the only case we will ever do. Read about or other projects and our design philosophy on our homepage. Each project (pod) focuses on a theme, the Ghost theme has a defined mission.

How many 2.5" SSDs fit in the standard version without any of the tops?

With the PSU in hanging orientation there is room currently room for one 2.5" drive underneath, we are discussing opening the Spine up in the bottom to allow for disks sticking out underneath the GPU and that way 2 would fit.

Why this is even a quetion for us... Since m.2 SSD are significantly cheaper to produce than SATA SSDs there is no logical explanation to why m.2 drives won't replace SATA drives all together in a couple of years, so why let them cause compromises today?

Based on the images, I assume the blade is one piece?

If so, it might be more cost effective and less headache to use 3mm 6061-T5 aluminum.

Correct, the Spine is one solid piece. We are currently evaluating multiple alloys, T5 is on the list for sure.

Can we expect to see a render of a custom watercooling loop with the large hat in the near future?

Why this is even a quetion for us... Since m.2 SSD are significantly cheaper to produce than SATA SSDs there is no logical explanation to why m.2 drives won't replace SATA drives all together in a couple of years, so why let them cause compromises today?
The reason it is a question is because 90% of all motherboards only have 1 m.2 slot and I know I am not alone when saying that isn't enough especially for people that want to split their OS and applications. While I will be using a m.2 nvme SSD for my boot drive, I want some 2.5" SSDs for games and other applications.

Can we expect to see a render of a custom watercooling loop with the large hat in the near future?

These two builds were from an earlier prototype that didn't have the possibility to pull wires behind the PSU - hence the poor cable management:

AIR cooled
air.png

Corsair hydro h100i v2 - This is a tough build due to the stiff hoses
wc.png

If a user obtains a top hat for watercooling purposes, there's going to be one of two scenarios occuring:

1) the user will be creating a strong negative pressure scenario by expelling hot air out the roof of the case.

2) the user will draw fresh air in from the top of the case and expel hot air out the side panels.

Given how little impact used radiator air has on overall in-case temperatures, I would lean towards using option 2. However, both of these scenarios demand dust filtration (preferably on the top hat if being used as an intake, or on the side panels if employing a negative pressure scenario).

Has any thought been put into dust filtration for the case?

I'm going to join the chorus of people asking about top radiator placement:
- Can you elaborate on how this works?
- Is it same to assume only the largest top hats would work? If so - pics of this in place?

A suggestion for top mounted water cooling: Again assuming a top hat is required, the side vents would ideally be placed higher to bring them closer to the fans. This would of course apply to any case where you are adding a top hat really.

If a user obtains a top hat for watercooling purposes, there's going to be one of two scenarios occuring:

1) the user will be creating a strong negative pressure scenario by expelling hot air out the roof of the case.

2) the user will draw fresh air in from the top of the case and expel hot air out the side panels.

Given how little impact used radiator air has on overall in-case temperatures, I would lean towards using option 2. However, both of these scenarios demand dust filtration (preferably on the top hat if being used as an intake, or on the side panels if employing a negative pressure scenario).

Has any thought been put into dust filtration for the case?

Yes, there are vertical slots in the Spine designed to hold filters in place that slide in from the top. The Creative Platform has a indent on each side where you can access the filters and pull them out.

This would of course apply to any case where you are adding a top hat really.

We have tested multiple hole configurations and measures airflow, noise level, temps etc. and also taken aesthetics into consideration. It is unlikely we will find a better hole config in this case.

Yes, there are vertical slots in the Spine designed to hold filters in place that slide in from the top. The Creative Platform has a indent on each side where you can access the filters and pull them out.

Oh, excellent.

Further to your most recent reply above, do you have any samples of the various colour options coming in? Not full prototype cases, but perhaps some sample sheets of metal for each of the three available case colours?

Is the CPU side so wide just to fit 120 fan on top? I mean the DAN A4 has shown that 48mm of cooler clearance is enough with Cooltek LP53 even allowing great overclocking. You could have a sub 7 litre case if you made it the same width.

Last edited:
Would be all in on this if there were a stainless steel option and no branding on the front.

^ Same.

Plain stainless steel, or silver brushed aluminum.

No cringey obnoxious gaymer "ghost" branding.

Keep it classy and premium. I'm in that shit all day.

Reactions: gcj
like this
yeah no nonsense text on it pls
no swedish flag either
and could you tell me if the manufacturing will take place in Europe?
If not well that would suck bcs if am gona pay around 200$ on a case I wish at least i won't have to spend extra money on the taxes.

Is the CPU side so wide just to fit 120 fan on top? I mean the DAN A4 has shown that 48mm of cooler clearance is enough with Cooltek LP53 even allowing great overclocking. You could have a sub 7 litre case if you made it the same width.

The volume is secondary when cases are this small, cable management, airflow and convenience of build are considerable factors as well.

Oh, excellent.

Further to your most recent reply above, do you have any samples of the various colour options coming in? Not full prototype cases, but perhaps some sample sheets of metal for each of the three available case colours?
Yes, we have plenty to brows through at our supplier HQ here in Stockholm.

yeah no nonsense text on it pls
no swedish flag either
and could you tell me if the manufacturing will take place in Europe?
If not well that would suck bcs if am gona pay around 200$ on a case I wish at least i won't have to spend extra money on the taxes.

- Logo removed!

- RagTags (flags) will be selected by the buyer, free of charge. Or send in a PNG and we will custom make it. sent separately as a treat for backers. Remove it all together if you don't fancy the softness it adds to the design.

- The first batch will be made in Europe, the manufacturer (same as an American computer manufacturer (non-PC) are using) have 40+ plants spread around the world, so we will make a footprint analysis and optimize the volume distribution based on taxes, logistics, environmental impact and manufacturing quality

This is great news - the logo deletion is awesome, and the flag is a little bonus

Nice! (y)

Looks very nice, but it's a missed opportunity to make it smaller than Dan's A4, imo; why the increased width (133 vs 112)?

Regarding the cpu cooler height, when using a maximum height cpu cooler like the Noctua L9x65 (65mm), how much clearance is there between the cooler and the side panel? I know from the Dan A4 thread that when using max height cooler (47mm) there is only 1mm or so clearance between the cooler and side panel in that case which in turn causes a lot of turbulence and noise.

This is smaller: 7.1l

If you compare the core dimension of the GHOST with the outer dimensions of the A4 it is not fair. So if you use the core dimension of the A4-SFX you will see the A4 is smaller: 109 mm x 197 mm x 315,5mm = 6.77L

So if you compare them do it on the same facts.

*Edit: I moved my butthurt out of this thread ;)

Last edited:
This looks really cool!

It is so great to see that we live in era, that anyone can do a unique product, if they really put their heart and soul into it. Props! (y)

i just said that it fits a bigger cooler- that is a fact, i haven't stayted anything about gpu so there is no wrong facts from me Dan
i have 1060 mini so i don't care and also if it is lower priced it's a better deal then yours Dan
calm down and get your butthurt out of this thread pls

Back