GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor Systems' started by Pachalski, Mar 22, 2017.

1. illram

illram [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah I think the deadline to change anything passed a couple weeks ago.

2. Pantera_666

Pantera_666 [H]Lite

does anybody know when are we going to get the case in the US???

3. readeh

readeh Limp Gawd

Should be shipping on the 10th or 12th, but apparently there has been a lot of issues with the finish. If they ship the 12th it will take 3-5 weeks for us to get them.

4. fenixv

fenixv Gawd

Louqe posted on their instagram that they should be starting to ship orders by the 12th. Looks like they're planning to take new orders by the 15th. I'm looking forward to picking one up.

5. Ca11idus

Ca11idus Limp Gawd

I will be Giving Thanks and hope that we will be getting these cases before Thanks Giving as I have no more Thanks left for me to Give after all of these delays.

6. Pantera_666

Pantera_666 [H]Lite

How about installing a mATX mobo?

Of course this will require some modding/layout change...

Something like adding a large tophat on both the top and bottom, placing the psu in the bottom tophat and getting 2 long pcie risers...

Maybe this way we could do watercooled sli! :)

Just a thought, please no hate...

backfeed likes this.
  7. Chimpee

Chimpee [H]ard|Gawd

Feel like the width of the case needs to be increase to accommodate another GPU, at this point, might be better off just getting the Cerberus case.

http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/

Talyrius and Jspr like this.
  8. 3vilgenius

3vilgenius n00bie

Chimpee likes this.
  9. Chimpee

Chimpee [H]ard|Gawd

Pretty neat, especially the person who that water cooled two nanos. I was just responding a person who thought of adding a large tophat on the top and bottom of the Ghost S1 in order to put amatx on the ghost while watercooled sli the cards, this method will increase the case volume from 8 liters to 13.5 liters. By no means I am suggesting this is a bad idea, just there is a sub 20 liter case that can achieve that without any modification.

My personal opinion, aesthetic adding the large tophat on the top and bottom of the Ghost S1 makes it look out of place, probably why I suggest the cerberus case since it is aesthetically pleasing for matx build as that is the intention all along.

10. FlamingKomodo

FlamingKomodo [H]Lite

Chimpee, illram, Jspr and 4 others like this.
  11. Jonas Mellkvist

Jonas Mellkvist Limp Gawd

12. brentsg

brentsg [H]ard|Gawd

I'm reviewing the thread, and trying to figure out how to plan for tophats.

My current build has two 2.5" drives (7mm), along with one M.2 for boot/OS/apps. The 2.5 drives are mostly game drives.

Do I need to do cartwheels to put both 2.5's in the case with no tophat? GPU is open air, high TDP and PSU is Corsair SF600. I'll air cool.

I see "with tray" in the specs and I'm trying to figure out what the cost of using the tray is.

13. teo

teo n00bie

I believe that tray would fit where the internal 120mm mounting point is, under the psu. thus, you can fit two 2.5 there (but no fan) in addition to the one on the spine behind the psu

14. fenixv

fenixv Gawd

Louqe is accepting new orders. Estimated shipping on this batch is January 2019.

http://louqe.com/

Rolling9Deep likes this.
  15. obs

obs [H]ardness Supreme

Said screw it and ordered 1 with 2 L tophats. Gives me about 3+ months to plan out my build.

Rolling9Deep likes this.
  16. 3vilgenius

3vilgenius n00bie

I agree, I don't think two large tophats would look good on the ghost at all but luckily that's not really the use case in mind since your kinda leaving the itx use case at that point. But hey, at least the option is there i guess

Pantera_666 and Chimpee like this.