GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

How about installing a mATX mobo?

Of course this will require some modding/layout change...

Something like adding a large tophat on both the top and bottom, placing the psu in the bottom tophat and getting 2 long pcie risers...

Maybe this way we could do watercooled sli! :)

Just a thought, please no hate...

How about installing a mATX mobo?

Of course this will require some modding/layout change...

Something like adding a large tophat on both the top and bottom, placing the psu in the bottom tophat and getting 2 long pcie risers...

Maybe this way we could do watercooled sli! :)

Just a thought, please no hate...

Feel like the width of the case needs to be increase to accommodate another GPU, at this point, might be better off just getting the Cerberus case.

http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/

Its not intended for this but you could fit two vega nano's in there. A guy in the thread linked below fit two R9 nano's in a dan case so it would definitely be possible in the ghost.

https://hardforum.com/threads/pcie-bifurcation.1870298/page-1

Pretty neat, especially the person who that water cooled two nanos. I was just responding a person who thought of adding a large tophat on the top and bottom of the Ghost S1 in order to put amatx on the ghost while watercooled sli the cards, this method will increase the case volume from 8 liters to 13.5 liters. By no means I am suggesting this is a bad idea, just there is a sub 20 liter case that can achieve that without any modification.

My personal opinion, aesthetic adding the large tophat on the top and bottom of the Ghost S1 makes it look out of place, probably why I suggest the cerberus case since it is aesthetically pleasing for matx build as that is the intention all along.

Final production models daylight photos

IMG_1516.JPG IMG_1506.JPG IMG_1508.JPG IMG_1503.JPG IMG_1504.JPG IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1509.JPG IMG_1511.JPG IMG_1513.JPG IMG_1514.JPG

I'm reviewing the thread, and trying to figure out how to plan for tophats.

My current build has two 2.5" drives (7mm), along with one M.2 for boot/OS/apps. The 2.5 drives are mostly game drives.

Do I need to do cartwheels to put both 2.5's in the case with no tophat? GPU is open air, high TDP and PSU is Corsair SF600. I'll air cool.

I see "with tray" in the specs and I'm trying to figure out what the cost of using the tray is.

I see "with tray" in the specs and I'm trying to figure out what the cost of using the tray is.
I believe that tray would fit where the internal 120mm mounting point is, under the psu. thus, you can fit two 2.5 there (but no fan) in addition to the one on the spine behind the psu

Pretty neat, especially the person who that water cooled two nanos. I was just responding a person who thought of adding a large tophat on the top and bottom of the Ghost S1 in order to put amatx on the ghost while watercooled sli the cards, this method will increase the case volume from 8 liters to 13.5 liters. By no means I am suggesting this is a bad idea, just there is a sub 20 liter case that can achieve that without any modification.

My personal opinion, aesthetic adding the large tophat on the top and bottom of the Ghost S1 makes it look out of place, probably why I suggest the cerberus case since it is aesthetically pleasing for matx build as that is the intention all along.

I agree, I don't think two large tophats would look good on the ghost at all but luckily that's not really the use case in mind since your kinda leaving the itx use case at that point. But hey, at least the option is there i guess

Although now that i think about it, if someone did a black case with two aluminum top hats on the top and bottom that actually might not look half bad since the aluminum looks near white.

*panda* *panda* *panda*

I would like to know if there is a significant temperature improvement when there is a fan placed under the PSU as intake and this is without the top hat?

I would like to know if there is a significant temperature improvement when there is a fan placed under the PSU as intake and this is without the top hat?
I'm also curious about this. the greatest challenge of the dan a4/sandwich style seems to be exhausting the heat, particularly when you get very warm (1080ti, 8700k/2700x and above) components. I have my doubts that the under-psu fan does enough to alter the airflow path to really help with that, but I'd happily be wrong

Almost ordered this without noticing that it has no "front" ports. Any plans to at least add one C-type "front" port to this?

Almost ordered this without noticing that it has no "front" ports. Any plans to at least add one C-type "front" port to this?

An IO top hat is in development which most likely will have a USB port. Unknown release date or priority

I saw the cpu cooler comparisons but there was no info regarding temperature difference on Scythe big shuriken 2 rev. B with stock fan vs. Noctua fan. Was there any comment or info regarding this?

Here are my tentative build plans (expected shipment January 2019)

CPU: Intel i9-9900k
Case: Ghost S1 w/2 large tophats
GPU: Gigabyte 2080 ti w/240mm radiator
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A12x25 fans
PSU: Seasonic SGX-650 SFX-L or Corsair SF600 platinum

This is assuming gigabyte puts out that card. They have announced a 2080 version so I'm assuming there will be a 2080 ti in the next 3 months.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/GV-N2080AORUSX-W-8GC

Last edited:
Sooo....

Any news on shipment?????

From the slack:

US is still on track and we estimate the shipments to be sent to North and south america around November 15:th

Europe. The cases are currently in our distributors hands and we they will start shipping them late this week and get all out by next week

Directs, we just got off the phone with the supplier and they preliminary confirmed that they will go out this week

everyone should get them roughly at the same time

I can't promise anything until we actually have tracking numbers but my guess is that you will get them between 9:th and 20:th

The only available colors are Ash, Limestone, and Pangea. Arctic White was nixed a while ago.
But no one got any? I thought there was a previous batch, think I saw reviews on them.
Thank you regardless for the added info.

Good review. Wonder when the Jan 2019 shipments will actually ship...

If anyone wants to buy a Silver with M tophat, black top cover, PM me, can ship it once I get it.

I wonder whether the parcel will be coming from Sweden or from the factory in Taiwan? I need to know that because of the VAT - I have to pay - in case the product will be coming to Hungary from outside the European Union.

Attila

I wonder whether the parcel will be coming from Sweden or from the factory in Taiwan? I need to know that because of the VAT - I have to pay - in case the product will be coming to Hungary from outside the European Union.

Attila

As far as I understand it, they had all of their European orders shipped from Taiwan to EU together, and will be dividing them into individual customer shipments here. So I assume customs and VAT will be taken care of by them. But I could be wrong.

Latest update from this morning about the direct shipments:

Update on Directs, UPS is picking up 20% of the direct shipments today. We are still waiting for an answer as to why the rest is lagging. We will extract tracking IDs for these shipments and send them all out to the lucky 100 that got their orders shipped today.

Back