GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

I'm kinda new to building pcs, may I ask why wouldn't you use them?

Thank you!

In a small case with limited airflow to begin with (although not too much of a problem with the Ghost it seems) a dust filter adds a little bit of blockage for air to get through. It's not a huge deal, but when you have a bunch of people arguing over which cpu cooler gives an extra 1 degree of temperature benefit, a dust filter is definitely off the table for most.

In a small case with limited airflow to begin with (although not too much of a problem with the Ghost it seems) a dust filter adds a little bit of blockage for air to get through. It's not a huge deal, but when you have a bunch of people arguing over which cpu cooler gives an extra 1 degree of temperature benefit, a dust filter is definitely off the table for most.

Thank you so much for the reply!

I actually got luck enough to be able to get a L12, I hope the dust filter won't affect with clearance.

If the aditional for the dust filter isn't expensive, I think I'll probably grab it and test myself if the temperature differences are actually meaningful.

Thank you again :D

Air filters block the airflow a bit and that can get higher temps in a very small cases.

Thats why people skip them

Thank you for the reply! Makes sense :D

OP, do you know what are the lenghts for the PSU cables to fit this case exactly? Since the internal space is very limited, it would be interesting to get custom made cables to avoid a mess.

Thank you for the reply! Makes sense :D

OP, do you know what are the lenghts for the PSU cables to fit this case exactly? Since the internal space is very limited, it would be interesting to get custom made cables to avoid a mess.

Agreed, I'd love to know what the recommended cable lengths are for motherboard/cpu/gpu/ssds so we can get custom cables for this case.

Agreed, I'd love to know what the recommended cable lengths are for motherboard/cpu/gpu/ssds so we can get custom cables for this case.

The 24 pin and the 8 pin can be in slightly different places on different MBs. Also, the different orientations of the PSU would result in two different optimal lengths. But we will definitely provide these lengths for different use cases as soon as we have a little less to do. But before you order these pricey cables you should consider the fact that the standard cables are pretty good in terms of length and disappear behind the PSU, leaving a very tidy installation. What I'm saying is that I'm not sure you'll have a cleaner installation with custom cables, but they sure look better! Take a look at our builds they are all with standard PSU cables and hooked up.

The 24 pin and the 8 pin can be in slightly different places on different MBs. Also, the different orientations of the PSU would result in two different optimal lengths. But we will definitely provide these lengths for different use cases as soon as we have a little less to do. But before you order these pricey cables you should consider the fact that the standard cables are pretty good in terms of length and disappear behind the PSU, leaving a very tidy installation. What I'm saying is that I'm not sure you'll have a cleaner installation with custom cables, but they sure look better! Take a look at our builds they are all with standard PSU cables and hooked up.

That's actually really good to know!
However I just ended up getting a cable kit for the Corsair SF450 because the seller offered me a really good deal and it looks awesome, haha

I'm really looking forward this case :D

What's the status of selling these? Are they still planned for sale this year?

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but are dual 120mm AIOs (in a Large TopHat) possible...?

If so, this could work well with an i7-8700 & GTX 1070 Ti Hybrid...!

EDIT TO ADD:

If not able to do dual AIOs (I can 'see' where the tubing connections on the radiator side might be a problem, as would routing the tubes to the components); thoughts on temps with an open air style GPU, bottom intake chassis fan, & top 240mm AIO for CPU...

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but are dual 120mm AIOs (in a Large TopHat) possible...?

If so, this could work well with an i7-8700 & GTX 1070 Ti Hybrid...!

EDIT TO ADD:

If not able to do dual AIOs (I can 'see' where the tubing connections on the radiator side might be a problem, as would routing the tubes to the components); thoughts on temps with an open air style GPU, bottom intake chassis fan, & top 240mm AIO for CPU...

Boil I see some dual-channel action here =)

To address the first question, the problem is that there is not a lot of side to side room to pass through the second set of pipes to the rear mounted radiator. On each side of the 120 fan and radiator there is about 8 mm of space at the most narrow point (where fan is the widest). In theory the radiator and fan could be pushed more to one side leaving more space for tubes on the other side but you wouldn't be able to use the current mounting holes that are centered. If you have tubes that are 8 mm or less in diamanter and long enough to reach past the front mounted radiator this should work fine. Another alternative would be to change one of the fans to a 92mm and then it would be no problem feeding the pipes through. Is this clear enough? I understand it is hard to envision without an illustration.

Either way, making this work will be challenging and call for some creative solutions. I'm sure someone will crack this but it will not a simple plug-and-play-type solution.

The second question I think we have tested in an earlier published test, haven't we? Test link

Boil I see some dual-channel action here =)

The second question I think we have tested in an earlier published test, haven't we? Test link

I totally missed that PDF...!

The temps for Configuration #5 look great...!

So, was the ASUS GTX 1080 a blower or open air GPU...?

The GPU icon used in the PDF looks like a blower...

And the PDF only notes use of the bottom intake fan in the #2 configuration; is this intake fan in any of the other configurations, or...?

Looking forward to the launch of the Ghost S1...!

Last edited:
We are very close to launch now, we actually received the new units yesterday and they look absolutely gorgeous if you ask me! However the side panels were not made to spec and need to be remade, we are hoping to receive them on Monday and be able to give one to the first reviewer on Tuesday.

Is there anything you feel we have not answered, any outstanding questions or something we defiantly should adress before the launch? We will do a detailed build movie very soon and have a live video feed during the campaign where hopefully a lot is addressed but the sooner we know about your concerns the better.

Also, we will be at the DreamHack event in Jönköping where you'll be able to see it for real.

Pachalski What kind of order numbers are you hoping for to trigger production this time around and can you share any details on prices at this point?

We are very close to launch now, we actually received the new units yesterday and they look absolutely gorgeous if you ask me! However the side panels were not made to spec and need to be remade, we are hoping to receive them on Monday and be able to give one to the first reviewer on Tuesday.

Is there anything you feel we have not answered, any outstanding questions or something we defiantly should adress before the launch? We will do a detailed build movie very soon and have a live video feed during the campaign where hopefully a lot is addressed but the sooner we know about your concerns the better.

Also, we will be at the DreamHack event in Jönköping where you'll be able to see it for real.
eFfmdb3.jpg

(y)

Pachalski What kind of order numbers are you hoping for to trigger production this time around and can you share any details on prices at this point?

Some very sensitive questions, where is the HARD-style questions? "We want a test with a Ti card and an i9!"?

We need around 1 800 backers to meet MOQs and cover the majority of tooling cost. We are prepared to invest more if needed but with low support it will be harder to motivate and potentially financial suicide.

That's a bit high... The original Dan Case had "only" 1,530 backers and it was a success. The second run, with high demand had around 2100 backers... I want one Ghost case for myself but I wish you very good luck.

And i remember the A4 case had more tech coverage than the Ghost S1, before the first campaign. :-s I could be mistaken, but that's the impression i get, that the Ghost S1 needs more exposure before the kickstarter, for that number of cases to be sold.

Some very sensitive questions, where is the HARD-style questions? "We want a test with a Ti card and an i9!"?

We need around 1 800 backers to meet MOQs and cover the majority of tooling cost. We are prepared to invest more if needed but with low support it will be harder to motivate and potentially financial suicide.

Thanks for providing the information. I'm mostly likely preaching to the choir but to reach those numbers you'll definitely need to get those review units out to the big sites and hope for positive feedback before you launch the campaign.

As someone who really wants this to succeed so I can get my hands on one, it's interesting that even after the last campaign your still looking at a high unit order for the initial batch. Whilst I don't blame you it's your time and money and no doubt you want to at least break even, if you reach 1800 backers that would be some seriously good result, fingers crossed. Have you considered reaching out to retail business/suppliers in Europe to see if any there is any interest? For instance I know here in the UK Overclockers will be stocking the Dan A4 v2 early next year.

Is it going to be a campaign to crowd fund again?

if you let some famous tech youtubers review it,,, you will have that number maybe.

Yeah I'd send out some prototypes to YouTube folks, maybe a tech site or two. Try and get some exposure on bigger sites like the PC Master Race subreddit, etc. Then launch.

My vote for reviewer quality and exposure would be Linus Tech Tips and HardwareCanucks. The only problem is I don't know what their backlog looks like. If they have a ton of items on their list to review then they might not get to the Ghost till even after the Kickstarter ends. I suppose the trick to finding reviewers for the Ghost is not so much the fanbase and viewership of the reviewer, but also if they can even review it by the start (or end) of the Kickstarter.

I think a lot of people would suggest LTT as THE reviewer to send it to based on views alone, but that could prove to be a waste of a review model if they can't even review it on time.

Truly appreciate all the shared concerns, it means a lot! I hope to be able to ease your worries slightly by sharing some dets about the launching plan.

First reviewer will receive the case early next week

Second and third reviewer the week after that

Then LAUNCH

A few days after the launch we will appear at DreamHack (the world's largest digital festival) https://winter.dreamhack.com/ where our friends at DreamHack and Webhallen have hooked us up with the most premium expo spot in there. Here people will be able to see it live, feel it and test it. Truly that it when you really grasp all the attention to details, the manufacturing complexity and the insane quality feel.

On top of this we will sprinkle the build up with some media releases and some video productions.

And to be fair, the Ghost has more to offer than most other full performance SSF-cases:
- Smaller than most
- Still easier to build in than any other
- Higher compatibility than most
- Supports water cooling
- Supports taller Air cooler than most
- More flexible an modular than all
- Made from more precious materials than all
- Made by using more advanced manufacturing methods than all
- The back-to-back architecture makes it cooler and quieter than most if not all sub 10L cases
- And lastly aesthetics are personal but very important to us

To sum up, we are trying to do it right this time around and we believe we will reach those numbers, call us insane but we have to believe it.

"We want a test with a Ti card and an i9!"?

How about a white & black chassis with the Galactic Empire Titan Xp CE; the CPU water-cooled with a Corsair H100i v2 AIO...

And a brown & tan chassis with the Jedi Order Titan Xp CE; the CPU air-cooled with the Noctua NH-L12 & four Noctua fans cooling the chassis (two 25mm thick fans up top, two below)...

Might be the one time the standard Noctua "coffee & cream" color scheme works for a build...!

Both with the ASRock X299E-ITX/ac motherboard & an i7-7820X CPU...

;^p

How about a white & black chassis with the Galactic Empire Titan Xp CE; the CPU water-cooled with a Corsair H100i v2 AIO...

And a brown & tan chassis with the Jedi Order Titan Xp CE; the CPU air-cooled with the Noctua NH-L12 & four Noctua fans cooling the chassis (two 25mm thick fans up top, two below)...

Might be the one time the standard Noctua "coffee & cream" color scheme works for a build...!

Both with the ASRock X299E-ITX/ac motherboard & an i7-7820X CPU...

;^p

That sounds like two magic configs! The Galactic Empire Titan Xp CE and Jedi Order Titan Xp CE are not available yet, are they?

So are you a USA based manufacturer? Really have my eye on this case.

We have a last negotiation round with the final two manufacturers Wednesday next week, short after those meetings will be able to set the prices and manufacturing location, right now it is leaning towards Sweden or Spain, no US manufacturer has been involved in the process. If everything works out we will be looking for a manufacturer of all metal parts in the US as well.

That sounds like two magic configs! The Galactic Empire Titan Xp CE and Jedi Order Titan Xp CE are not available yet, are they?

Pre-orders are available for GeForce Experience registered users...

I want to say they are scheduled to ship sometime this month...?

Okay I've basically decided to buy this case when it comes out. I feel like this case has a better calling than Dan Cases A4-SFX. Basically this "top hat" area can provide those who want basic slim fan options to all out AIO with dual radiator! I just bought a 7700k and I would worry a lot about throttling with my current 4.8 overclock in the A4. I really hope this is released soon with a not-insane price tag. Thanks for the hard work whoever is doing this!

Okay I've basically decided to buy this case when it comes out. I feel like this case has a better calling than Dan Cases A4-SFX. Basically this "top hat" area can provide those who want basic slim fan options to all out AIO with dual radiator! I just bought a 7700k and I would worry a lot about throttling with my current 4.8 overclock in the A4. I really hope this is released soon with a not-insane price tag. Thanks for the hard work whoever is doing this!

Check out some of the tests they did (you should be able to find them in this thread in the past few weeks) with the 7700K in the machine. They tested multiple CPU coolers and configurations and it looks like we'll have some decent options (I also have a 7700K)

Check out some of the tests they did (you should be able to find them in this thread in the past few weeks) with the 7700K in the machine. They tested multiple CPU coolers and configurations and it looks like we'll have some decent options (I also have a 7700K)

I'm basically sold on the NH-L12. Those are solid temps with a pretty good DB for noise. I know he can't comment on price and date, but what do you think it will cost and the availability date? I'm using an SG13 now and I'm ready for an upgrade.. I travel quite often and have the Wallye travel bag and this would drop in perfect. I may or may not look into the small top hat. Just to provide some upward heat exhaust. That would be nice especially if I got an not founder edition card. A strix 1080ti would be boss... For some reason 1080tis are super overpriced and have very limited availability. Not sure if it's the holidays or what. Thanks for listening to me blab on lol.

I'm basically sold on the NH-L12. Those are solid temps with a pretty good DB for noise. I know he can't comment on price and date, but what do you think it will cost and the availability date? I'm using an SG13 now and I'm ready for an upgrade.. I travel quite often and have the Wallye travel bag and this would drop in perfect. I may or may not look into the small top hat. Just to provide some upward heat exhaust. That would be nice especially if I got an not founder edition card. A strix 1080ti would be boss... For some reason 1080tis are super overpriced and have very limited availability. Not sure if it's the holidays or what. Thanks for listening to me blab on lol.

I just got a Gigabyte 1080 ti on Massdrop (its over now) for $699, just gotta keep an eye out for deals. I'm also getting the NH-L12 for this case (I actually already bought it since they just came out with a new revision, and the new revision isn't compatible with the Ghost), and I plan to do the same as you with the S Top Hat with two 120mm slim Noctua fans. I might even get another S top hat to put on the bottom and provide some extra intake.

This is going off memory and should be taken with a grain of salt, but I think they said a few weeks ago that the price would be under €200 (~$230). Of course that'll go up depending on shipping and what top hats you want with it.

Edit: Just found my source, in a comment on Instagram a few weeks ago someone asked the price and they responded under €200. Things change though, so don't take it as set in stone.

Last edited:
I just got a Gigabyte 1080 ti on Massdrop (its over now) for $699, just gotta keep an eye out for deals. I'm also getting the NH-L12 for this case (I actually already bought it since they just came out with a new revision, and the new revision isn't compatible with the Ghost), and I plan to do the same as you with the S Top Hat with two 120mm slim Noctua fans. I might even get another S top hat to put on the bottom and provide some extra intake.

This is going off memory and should be taken with a grain of salt, but I think they said a few weeks ago that the price would be under €200 (~$230). Of course that'll go up depending on shipping and what top hats you want with it.

Edit: Just found my source, in a comment on Instagram a few weeks ago someone asked the price and they responded under €200. Things change though, so don't take it as set in stone.

So tell me... I can't go out and buy the NH-L12 now? What's not compatible anymore about the new one? I guess I could always go with the other one that has good thermals.

Last edited:
So tell me... I can't go out and buy the NH-L12 now? What's not compatible anymore about the new one? I guess I could always go with the other one that has good thermals.

The new one (NH-L12S) has slightly better thermals and ram compatibility, however it's 4mm taller and the L12 was already in the very limit of height clearance, which is 66mm.

Since I'm down for this case already I got a BNIB L12 on https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/ for 45 shipped.

The new one (NH-L12S) has slightly better thermals and ram compatibility, however it's 4mm taller and the L12 was already in the very limit of height clearance, which is 66mm.

Since I'm down for this case already I got a BNIB L12 on https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/ for 45 shipped.

Oh okay I see now... so I just bought this ram yesterday:

F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW

Do you think that it will be too tall for one of the better CPU coolers? It's 44mm tall.

Back