General Mayhem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix86 said:
Grandfathering would be nice for older members, looks like I'll miss that mark, but would be nice to extend to some people. If you grandfathered in all the people that were here when the forums were shut down, nothing would change from the first time. ;)

Right, he should only grandfather people in from Oct 2000 and before :p

Phoenix86 said:
$25 a year is steep, $15 sounds right. KISS, one fee, one period, no scale.

For a fee, I would like to see more options.

GM
Soapbox
WLWC
... ok ... no bonecloset, there is enough pr0n elsewhere. :)

Also, with a paid forum, would there would be more lax rules? Obviously some rules will never go away, but different ones for the paid subs.

I'm not against paying for "premium" access, just have to balance cost with benefit. The higher the cost the smaller the user base, and the less the benefit to members. The lower the cost the more ass hats.

Personally I wouldn't pay $15 to get banned, but then again, I don't post shit that gets me banned in the first place.

Grandfathering would be nice for older members, looks like I'll miss that mark, but would be nice to extend to some people. If you grandfathered in all the people that were here when the forums were shut down, nothing would change from the first time. ;)

Good feedback here guys, KEEP IT COMING!!! I want to make this work.

Stoltenborg said:
Right, he should only grandfather people in from Oct 2000 and before :p
Or the folks in Kyle's home area. ;)

This thread reminds me of GM already. Post, hit refresh, read new replies, rinse, and repeat.

First description of GM I heard/read was "it's like chat with a 500ms delay." :)

Kyle, different rules for the premium areas?

Jebus said:
$25 is toooo much.
I loved the old General Mayhem, but being in college, I don't exactly have a lot of money to throw around. $25 is like the cost of a month or two's supply of Ramen. Maybe if I could defer the payments until after I graduate and get a job, then maybe it could work. ;)

I'd rather pay a one time fee than a yearly subscription, even if that was more than $25. However, even a lower price would keep out most of the internets trash. Considering how the majority of asshats are 18 and under, it'd be difficult for them to secure mommies credit card. Even if they did somehow manage it, I don't see too many of them open to spamming at the rate of $25 a thread.

Also, a subscription scale wouldn't work. If someone wanted to sign up for the sole purpose to spam tubgirl or the like, you're giving them an option to do it at a lower cost with a three month option than just a flat one year fee.

well as for the subscription thing as long as it was not for all of the [H] forums it would be great or you could have a seperate disclaimer that people would have to read before they could pay/signup

I say customizeable Titles/Access to General Mayhem/other forums for those paying the 25$ yearly fee.

Yeah, I think a $15/year is the way to go. Maybe with a lifetime option if you feel the need. But I don't like the "buy a title" "buy a [M] mode for someone else" or "buy an avitar (for the love of God NO!) thing. Some tag under a user name saying they are subscribers or a second title like at the Gone Gold forums would be nice. Just nothing too over the top.

And after having read the threads on you over the past few days at GenMay, I just have to ask...do you have some kind of persecution complex? You were taking a beating and kept coming back for more.

Oh, and who ever subscribes should get a personalized photo of Asia. Steve will take care of that. :)

TrueBuckeye said:
And after having read the threads on you over the past few days at GenMay, I just have to ask...do you have some kind of persecution complex? You were taking a beating and kept coming back for more.

I think its because Kyle just doesn't give 2 shits what they say over there.

I like the one time $20 fee. I think that would be enough to get a good gathering here and to keep the scum out. If they do come in it will be funny to see them lose $20. It's hard to go around braggin that you pwned the H at the price of 20bucks.

I would gladly pay 15 bucks a year to support this website..

I hate fees though.. monthly.. yearly.. how about 15 bucks a year and like, as someone else said, 35 or 40 buck life time? :p

As far as the rules would go.

Seeing as how we would be paying for access to this "General Mayhemnic" forum, I would hope tehre would be a little more leniacy over the standard forums.

Obviously we can't have people running around posting !!!!!! everywhere, but allowing people to speak their mind on a topic without having to fear of the post being deleted or the user being banned would be somewhat nice.

Also, I know it's funny and all, but if you want to post a one word answer to a topic then go next door to [M] and do it, obviously there should be exceptions, like always, but no point in wasting bandwidth when there's a whole other forum dedicated to that :)heart: [M])

Cliffs:

I would wan't it to be just as fun as [M] but without the :10k:+ retarded posts

AMD T-type said:
As far as the rules would go.

Seeing as how we would be paying for access to this "General Mayhemnic" forum, I would hope tehre would be a little more leniacy over the standard forums.

Obviously we can't have people running around posting !!!!!! everywhere, but allowing people to speak their mind on a topic without having to fear of the post being deleted or the user being banned would be somewhat nice.

Also, I know it's funny and all, but if you want to post a one word answer to a topic then go next door to [M] and do it, obviously there should be exceptions, like always, but no point in wasting bandwidth when there's a whole other forum dedicated to that :)heart: [M])

Cliffs:

I would wan't it to be just as fun as [M] but without the :10k:+ retarded posts

sheesh :50k: :rolleyes:

:p :D

I think the only rule that would need some tweaking is the flamming bit. Off topic forums should expect some flames every now and again.

I don't know....traditionally Frg has not been big on flaming. I think a small measure of it is not only expected, but actually helps keeps people in line and lay down the law, (self policing) but I'll be surprised if Frg goes for it.

the $25 dollar fee for General Mayhem is ok with me, anything to get it back :D

i still think it should be based on post count, like you need a certain amount of posts to post in General Mayhem this would have the same effect keeping unwanted people out as having to pay $25 to post !!!!!! or tubgirls.

What would the payment methods be besides CC? I don't have one and so far have been avoiding it because they are just another headache to take care of.

donald_k said:
What would the payment methods be besides CC? I don't have one and so far have been avoiding it because they are just another headache to take care of.
prolly paypal, heh.

The GenMay side of the forums would go by it's own set of rules, not yet formalized, but I imagine it will be a more relaxed atmosphere, posting wise. It will be totally separate from the regular [H]

Kckazdude said:
I think the only rule that would need some tweaking is the flamming bit. Off topic forums should expect some flames every now and again.

Regime|Life said:
I think its because Kyle just doesn't give 2 shits what they say over there.

Nor should he.

I like the idea of the $15 payment plan......I also like the idea of grandfathering in the people who registered in 2000. Not only would I like to see the babe thread return, but also the return of the post pics of your girlfriend/wife thread.

neuroquake said:
Nor should he.

I like the idea of the $15 payment plan......I also like the idea of grandfathering in the people who registered in 2000. Not only would I like to see the babe thread return, but also the return of the post pics of your girlfriend/wife thread.

Why 2000, and not 2001 or 2002 ?

Yep, March of '00....the ones left here from 2000 are marathon runners, not sprinters :cool:

neuroquake said:
Just something about 2000 is special....

Actually didn't the forums go live in March of 2000?

MajorDomo said:
Yep, March of '00....the ones left here from 2000 are marathon runners, not sprinters :cool:

Hey, I'm not exactly new. And I browsed for a long while before I ever joined !

Yeah, I have been a member for 3 years, and I started this thread, so that has to be worth something, right??

heh... :confused:

One thing I would LOVE to see done in the new GenMay is to have it block all the "What does OCP stand for" post. I swear there were days when there would easily be 20 of the same thing posted.

Whats wrong with something along the lines of a "Membership until banned" mentality, like SA has?

For 10 bucks you get a base membership, with no search capabilities, and no pm capabilities. Those cost extra monies (not that i like that. )

However, if you get banned, you can pay another 10$ to come back. If you don't get banned, you can stay registered as a base member indefinitely, with your first 10$ spent.

I would be more willing to do something like this, rather than a yearly subscription. Also it is worth noting that for 10$, you get far more content overall at SA, than you would for a small group of forums here, if you were to put aside the nostalgia that bringing it all back would have.

Honestly, i might pay :15bux: a year. But unless there's a heavy following of us original [H] Mayhemer's, then i don't see me coughing up the cash.

a 5-10$ -until banned- type of payment i would definitely pay for though, however.

Jonny_B said:
My biggest beef with any forum moderation/administration is selective and unequal enforcement of forum rules. I've seen it happen in almost every forum I've visited for an extended period. Whatever is allowed in General Mayhem that is not allowed in the other forums must be consistent to avoid ill feelings.

Well when you get in to many different situations with thousands of different people, it is amazing how differently everyone see their surroundings. We work with our rules and their are no absolutes. Judgement is always needed.

TrueBuckeye said:
Yeah, I think a $15/year is the way to go. Maybe with a lifetime option if you feel the need. But I don't like the "buy a title" "buy a [M] mode for someone else" or "buy an avitar (for the love of God NO!) thing. Some tag under a user name saying they are subscribers or a second title like at the Gone Gold forums would be nice. Just nothing too over the top.

Oh, and who ever subscribes should get a personalized photo of Asia. Steve will take care of that. :)

1. $15 pricing is sounding more realistic. NO buy a title/avatar crap. Too much administration for that alone... Subs would have a special title. I am unsure about two though. [H]ard|Member? :)

2. Water off a duck's back baby. ;)

3. Yeah, I will work on getting that put together. NOT. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back