General Mayhem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really hope this shit won't cost any money. the last thing that the [H] needs is a pay section. or ANY kind.

TaK said:
i really hope this shit won't cost any money. the last thing that the [H] needs is a pay section. or ANY kind.

The shit you will be using will be 100% free. :)

I'd hit it.... :eek: Hi2u genmay!

Holy crap, did I just say that? Ahh, the good ole days. I'm scared of any genmay forums, but strangely I am drawn to them.

bish said:

Holy crap, did I just say that? Ahh, the good ole days. I'm scared of any genmay forums, but strangely I am drawn to them.
long time no see :( <3

bish said:

me too

TaK said:
FOR FEREE??

BTW your caracature on CPU makes you look kinda skinny, you might wanna get that changed. and the penorr would be nice. do you shave regularly?

Are you done? Get it out of your system now. :cool:

Kyle,

Why not post a poll on the pay scale to get a feel of what people are willing to pay and outline what forums they will attain access to for this payment. We're all throwing out numbers and not knowing exactly what we're getting. lol

Wow... Look at all the old people that have come into post... It's trully the good ol' days again :D :cool:

Streyeder said:
Kyle,

Why not post a poll on the pay scale to get a feel of what people are willing to pay and outline what forums they will attain access to for this payment. We're all throwing out numbers and not knowing exactly what we're getting. lol

This is a page or so back, but it would get your access to GenMay, SoapBox, and WLWC. Also, a bigger PM box as well. I figure that would be NEEDED in order to get some of the livelier conversations out of the mainstream.

I like the $15/year $40/lifetime deal so far.

Vendetta said:
Hope you only said that to instigate an argument

Save it for the soapbox, or take it somewhere else please.

I would probably we willing to pay, but cut some of us long time members a deal! Or atleast old staff :p

Man has it been that long? Guess I signed up when I was a first year in college...now im a graduate student

N3rv said:
I would probably we willing to pay, but cut some of us long time members a deal! Or atleast old staff :p

It would be nice but I can understand him not doing it.

P.S. Thanks Kyle for takking P/P to 40. :)

Vendetta said:
Man has it been that long? Guess I signed up when I was a first year in college...now im a graduate student

I did not have kids when all of this started and now I have a four year old and a two year old. :eek:

Safooma said:
I would hope so(I am sooo close(jan 2001), at least those that were never banned :D

I dunno about $25 or $40. I understand that running a forum like this must be a burden(both time and money), but I stopped posting at SA when they starting charging a membership fee.

One thing to consider, maybe let people have a 30 day trial or something, so at least you know what you are getting for the $$. Who knows, maybe because of the charge, and the subsequent reduced number of posters would it wouldn't be as cool as you would like. I would like to have a chance to find out first is all.

It will most likely be $15 and $40, but I see no free trials. That will just be inviting trouble.

I like the idea of bringing gen mayhem back. Of course, I like the idea of grandfathering in members who've been here since 2000, for obvious reasons (that is, I'm one of them).

General Mayhem was a great place. I can still remember discoverying AYB here back in Dec 2000 (I think?), and tons of other stuff. I've found that the S/N ratio at most other places are way too high (with a few excptions, like closed forums, highly technical forums-AVS for example). And you cant really have a babe thread at those places. ;) Sadly, money has to exchange hands to keep things in line.

With that in mind, and thinking about how much hardware costs--I still remember the one thread about how much it would have cost a while ago to upgrade the [H]F, and while I dont remember the price, it was a LOT of money--I figure the $15/$40 plan is about right. $20/yr is about the most I'd pay.

Thanks Kyle, for entertaining this idea.

Oh, and can you accept something other than Paypal? I really dont like paypal. But thats just my thing.

C'mon ya bunch of cheapskates :D

Dinner and a movie costs more than $40.00 and I get a WHOLE lot more value here (I think it's because I'm married :confused: )

I think Paypal is going to be it for starters. Our account will take CCs though...

So, um, this thing on?

Wil have to keep an eye on this...of course, it also will be contingent on how much my promotion pays me--radeon cards are freakin expensive enough without having to worry about forum fee :)

Needs moar smilies.

Edit: wow. Need to update my sig. The 4200 was 3 vid cards ago. :eek:

A one time fee would be the only way for those of us that live outside the states. By the time you factor in the exchange rate and fees I would be paying over $80 per year.

I think those with custom titles and 2000 reg dates should be grandfathered in... :D ;) :D
Do I at least get to keep my custom title after the switch?

chopsuwe said:
A one time fee would be the only way for those of us that live outside the states. By the time you factor in the exchange rate and fees I would be paying over $80 per year.

...but at least its still a few thousand cheaper than some desks...

<reference per thread satisfied>

OmegaAquinas said:
So, um, this thing on?

Wil have to keep an eye on this...of course, it also will be contingent on how much my promotion pays me--radeon cards are freakin expensive enough without having to worry about forum fee :)

Needs moar smilies.

Edit: wow. Need to update my sig. The 4200 was 3 vid cards ago. :eek:

Hehe, still the "best" NV has done in a while. :)

Wow... I never thought I would see the day that the original genmay would return!

OmegaAquinas said:
...but at least its still a few thousand cheaper than some desks...

<reference per thread satisfied>

LOL, I'm in for the 15/40 thingy. Hell I hardly post as it is and I'd pay to read it :)

Aha the SoapBox, such fond memories.

Hay I don't think your origional $25 a year is a bad price, thats half the price of a year sub at Ars. I pay $15 per three months there and have a blast in the lounge. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back