Gearbox to release Homeworld 1 & 2 HD

Just so you guys know, preorders on the collector's edition are up.

They went up May 9th, and yesterday Gearbox said the preorder allocation is nearly filled. So if you're into that sort of thing, might be a good time to get in.

Direct Amazon link

Won't lie, I'm kinda disappointed that soundtracks aren't among the goodies.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

They went up May 9th, and yesterday Gearbox said the preorder allocation is nearly filled. So if you're into that sort of thing, might be a good time to get in.

Direct Amazon link

I still have the GOTY soundtrack CD from the original somewhere... :eek:

I'll never buy another Gearbox game after the lies about ACM. NEVER.

So, I looked through those photos and the video. Doesn't look like they did a thing to the game.

I'm guessing you can have larger resolutions now....but like....the textures and animations look identical. As much as I want to play this again, no way in hell am I spending $30.

So, I looked through those photos and the video. Doesn't look like they did a thing to the game.

I'm guessing you can have larger resolutions now....but like....the textures and animations look identical. As much as I want to play this again, no way in hell am I spending $30.

Eh, they don't even look in the same ballpark as the old game..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/25/pax-south-2015-homeworld-remastered-looks-gorgeous

I am excited as hell for this release. I wish it had cataclysm, but sadly the original source code from the game has been lost and nothing could be done without a complete rewrite.

Shame because i loved me some Beast.

I'll never buy another Gearbox game after the lies about ACM. NEVER.

While i would agree with this statement, i would take the wait and see approach with this one. If they stayed faithful to the original I would urge you to play it if you didn't play them when they were in their prime.

They are/were a work of art.

Direct Amazon link

Gearbox is running out of Pre-orders BETTER HURRY DON'T WANNA MISS OUT ON A GEARBOX PRE-ORDER!!!

Gearbox is running out of Pre-orders BETTER HURRY DON'T WANNA MISS OUT ON A GEARBOX PRE-ORDER!!!

It's specifically for the Collector's Edition that is limited. If you don't care about such things, it doesn't affect you, but some people like collector's edition of things.

Obviously for everyone else, they can simply buy a regular copy via Steam on launch day after all the reviews drop.

Last edited:
It's specifically for the Collector's Edition that is limited. If you don't care about such things, it doesn't affect you, but some people like collector's edition of things.

Obviously for everyone else, they can simply buy a regular copy via Steam on launch day after all the reviews drop.

Also a collectors edition with a pretty sweet statue, not a digital copy.

Tiny bit different than typical nonsense.

Not preordering anything from Gearbox - even if I'd save 4 euro now, vs paying 4 euro more at release. Their earlier flops taught me, that you can't trust Pitchfork. I'll wait for reviews, and see if it's good game, or Homeworld: Colonial Marines.

Not preordering anything from Gearbox - even if I'd save 4 euro now, vs paying 4 euro more at release. Their earlier flops taught me, that you can't trust Pitchfork. I'll wait for reviews, and see if it's good game, or Homeworld: Colonial Marines.

ya think they'll F up a remaster? They're giving it a graphical/audio face lift, Considering how BL1&2 releases have been for me I trust them with enhanced modding. Their biggest problems would bewith NetCode but multiplayer was never the selling point for my homeworld experience.

ya think they'll F up a remaster? They're giving it a graphical/audio face lift, Considering how BL1&2 releases have been for me I trust them with enhanced modding. Their biggest problems would bewith NetCode but multiplayer was never the selling point for my homeworld experience.

I'll never pre-order anything from gearbox again. I don't care what the circumstances are.

I checked out some of the media outside of Steam and yeah, it does look pretty nice. They need to put better images and stuff on Steam.

Just pre-ordered. I know, I know "herpa derpa but Colonial Marines bro they lied RANDY LIED". Sometimes flipping a house goes sideways, and AC:M was one of those doomed projects Gearbox they thought they could flip but the foundation was already cracked. I'm sure it was a lesson learned for them.

I prefer not to get caught up in childish all-or-nothing thinking, and instead base my consumer choices in life on the slightly more rational "case by case" basis. I realize that's too hardthink a concept for some.

And right now this game is looking damn good.

Last edited:
Just pre-ordered. I know, I know "herpa derpa but Colonial Marines bro they lied RANDY LIED". Sometimes flipping a house goes sideways, and AC:M was one of those doomed projects Gearbox they thought they could flip but the foundation was already cracked. I'm sure it was a lesson learned for them.

I prefer not to get caught up in childish all-or-nothing thinking, and instead base my consumer choices in life on the slightly more rational "case by case" basis. I realize that's too hardthink a concept for some.

It's just not about Gearbox, but so many companies lied about their games, and with all that "buy at xx get yy" nonsense, along with lack of prerelease review codes being sent to reviewers, so people may know at day 0, if they deal with crap or not, that preordering from anyone - is now a lottery. I value my money, and I'm not going to preorder a turd or a bugfested game.

So based on "rational consumer choice", I just ignore all the preorders. No more blind trust for any company.

I've quite obviously had my arguments with the "never pre-order" crowd but when it comes to Gearbox, I don't think so. I had no confidence in Aliens: CM from the get go but Gearbox has shown itself to be untrustworthy enough that avoiding pre-ordering from them seems like a good course of action until they change their ways. Or find a way to get rid of Pitchford, that would help.

I've quite obviously had my arguments with the "never pre-order" crowd but when it comes to Gearbox, I don't think so. I had no confidence in Aliens: CM from the get go but Gearbox has shown itself to be untrustworthy enough that avoiding pre-ordering from them seems like a good course of action until they change their ways. Or find a way to get rid of Pitchford, that would help.

Touche' -- I totally get that. I know they've disappointed people. And Pitchford does kinda remind me of a fratboy that never grew out of it. Since I've never bought/played anything outside of Borderlands or BiA, and those games were stellar, I haven't been disappointed. Regardless, I'm hyped for HW 1 & 2.

Shiny, never did get around to playing those games when they came out other than a little bit of #1. (demo? I honestly forget)
I've been looking for a game to play, this may just be the next big one.

I will wait till its out, but will most likely buy it!

The game had a lot of potential but when the strategy is "pump out salvage corvettes = win" .... I grew tired of it real quick.

The game had a lot of potential but when the strategy is "pump out salvage corvettes = win" .... I grew tired of it real quick.

It varies on map size and whatnot. If you play online with other people you know you can do some things you can't do 1v1.

We'll see if Tactical Fleet Simulator can get ported over. Regular HW2 was okay, but I never got into it much.

Well I've had the CE pre-ordered since June. If all they do is send me a model of the mothership and the original unchanged games I'll be happy. I know its Gearbox and I have almost zero faith in them but fingers crossed.

Most HD revamps have problems working on Steam. Not getting my hopes up and I don't feel inclined to replay a game I finished um... 16 years ago?

Well I've had the CE pre-ordered since June. If all they do is send me a model of the mothership and the original unchanged games I'll be happy. I know its Gearbox and I have almost zero faith in them but fingers crossed.
+1. Been looking forward to this since a bad optical drive made ate my Homeworld 2 disc sometime last decade.

Back