Gearbox to release Homeworld 1 & 2 HD

Is the cod generation that everyone caters to. Rts, 3d rts & space Sims have gone niche =(

Is the cod generation that everyone caters to. Rts, 3d rts & space Sims have gone niche =(

People get after me about putting down the taste of the masses, but those tastes are directly responsible for the dearth of projects in these sorts of areas.

It's why overwatch from blizzard is a shooter that spans the pc and consoles, the exaggerated love of shooters by so many gamers is poison to the projects people like me would prefer to see happen more often or at all.

Homeworld stings more because that property was up for auction and gearbox outbid everyone else with the money they made from another shooter, borderlands. And as stewards of the franchise we've gotten a rerelease of the original, nothing new.

I'd imagine if stardock had won the bid we'd already have a new homeworld title, one that supported dx12 so more ships could fly around in real time like the total war guys are doing with dx12.

Maybe stardock can hire the team that wanted to release nexus 2, the game the shooter peasants have never played and would probably never try.

Last edited:
Back