Forza 4 fans?

yea lots of people got theirs canceled from bestbuy and amazon..

LCE is on high demand from what the guy at gamestop told me..

For those that got fucked:

Dell has it avilable online, but your going to get hosed on shipping.
Microsoft RETAIL store had it available for me, and 5$ OFF on top of it :D Apparently no one thinks to buy games from them, so they got plenty of stock. If you got one nearby, maybe worth hitting up.

No one is forcing you to buy a Fanatec wheel and pedal set. I said only YOU can justify the cost. I'm quite certain Fanatec will have no problem selling their wheels and pedals to someone else. There's always a target audience for any product.

There are much cheaper options for wheels but if sim racing is really your thing, the price to experience more realistic sim racing is not going to be cheap.

No one is forcing you to buy a Fanatec wheel and pedal set. I said only YOU can justify the cost. I'm quite certain Fanatec will have no problem selling their wheels and pedals to someone else. There's always a target audience for any product.

There are much cheaper options for wheels but if sim racing is really your thing, the price to experience more realistic sim racing is not going to be cheap.

The problem is, I have a good "sim" set up already. I am a little unhappy I can't use it for Forza. I have little interest in playing Forza with a controller or a cheap wheel that's inferior to my existing wheel, nor do I feel I should have to buy a new wheel to play it. Yeah, I know, they'll still sell some of their silly limited edition wheels, I know, there's no one forcing me to buy anything... but that isn't gonna stop me from being frustrated and unhappy about it and hoping against hope someone comes up with a way to convert the G25 signal so it behaves properly on a 360 :p

Back when I bought my G25 it was an option of buying a cheap piece of shit wheel that was compatible with a 360 or a good wheel (G25) that wasn't compatible with a 360 and now I feel like I'm being punished for my choice :p I can understand buying new controllers and new consoles to play different games, but buying a new $300+ wheel is a bit over the top. Add to that its always been expensive and difficult to get one of the "limited" fanatec wheels in Australia where as I can buy a G25/G27 from any PC or video games retailer and it only increases my disgruntledness ;)

Last edited:

what is this "nobody is forcing you" attitude? nobody is claiming they are forcing you....although if the other expensive wheel/pedal sets are intentionally left out and they only make this newest $500 set work with the game, I would have to argue that as it pertains to the crowd they are targeting, yes, they are forcing you to buy the new wheel/pedal/shifter set up.

And there are not any decent cheaper options. MS discontinued their wheel set, Logitech stopped making the decent $100-150 range sets.....the rest you find are junk.....so you either find a decent used MS Wheel setup on ebay for $150-200 or you spend $500 on this set up.

I'm kind of pissed too because I would be willing to spend $150 on a decent wheel and pedal setup with wheel paddle shifter option, no separate shifter needed, but I'm not spending $250+ on it......

Wow, the track for the demo sucks, I'm sorry. The track makes the demo feel so aracdish, hardly any braking and no slow speed corners.

170 MPH in 6th gear in a 458? Sure, I can only do that on about 1% of the tracks out their in the real world...

Last edited:
Wow, the track for the demo sucks, I'm sorry. The track makes the demo feel so aracdish, hardly any braking and no slow speed corners.

170 MPH in 6th gear in a 458? Sure, I can only do that on about 1% of the tracks out their in the real world...

overall the game will be fantastic, but they spent too much time making this game appeal to the masses, i know, they need to sell it, but i wish they would make two games, one for the enthusiasts, one for the arcade racer boys

what is this "nobody is forcing you" attitude? nobody is claiming they are forcing you....although if the other expensive wheel/pedal sets are intentionally left out and they only make this newest $500 set work with the game, I would have to argue that as it pertains to the crowd they are targeting, yes, they are forcing you to buy the new wheel/pedal/shifter set up.

And there are not any decent cheaper options. MS discontinued their wheel set, Logitech stopped making the decent $100-150 range sets.....the rest you find are junk.....so you either find a decent used MS Wheel setup on ebay for $150-200 or you spend $500 on this set up.

I'm kind of pissed too because I would be willing to spend $150 on a decent wheel and pedal setup with wheel paddle shifter option, no separate shifter needed, but I'm not spending $250+ on it......

My post was because so many people replied after I said that the Fanatec setup is the way Turn 10 wants you to experience FM4 and it seemed that every reply about Fanatec was negative and felt like I was telling people they had to buy it or just get over it. That wasn't the point to my post, I simply stated what Turn 10 felt was the best wheel to purchase to get the most out of their game. I never even said I had one or had intentions of paying that much myself, but I can understand the mentality of those that are very passionate about a game or genre, which can drive people to pay far more for items that the should in order to get the most out of a game.

overall the game will be fantastic, but they spent too much time making this game appeal to the masses, i know, they need to sell it, but i wish they would make two games, one for the enthusiasts, one for the arcade racer boys

Why, when the game is perfectly capable of appeasing both crowds with the driving assists and AI difficulty?

Why, when the game is perfectly capable of appeasing both crowds with the driving assists and AI difficulty?

Because they spent time working on shit I don't want to play. Things like damage modeling could be improved if they weren't spending time on dumbass shit like GTA style race through traffic.

Because they spent time working on shit I don't want to play. Things like damage modeling could be improved if they weren't spending time on dumbass shit like GTA style race through traffic.

If only Turn 10 had known that you were the only customer that matters maybe things might have been different. Oh well.:rolleyes:

If only Turn 10 had known that you were the only customer that matters maybe things might have been different. Oh well.:rolleyes:

you're right, im the only one who would rather have a simulation type game vs. an arcade racer :confused:

My post was because so many people replied after I said that the Fanatec setup is the way Turn 10 wants you to experience FM4 and it seemed that every reply about Fanatec was negative and felt like I was telling people they had to buy it or just get over it. That wasn't the point to my post, I simply stated what Turn 10 felt was the best wheel to purchase to get the most out of their game. I never even said I had one or had intentions of paying that much myself, but I can understand the mentality of those that are very passionate about a game or genre, which can drive people to pay far more for items that the should in order to get the most out of a game.

The problem isn't that T10 "feel" that's the best wheel for their game nor is it that you have to buy an expensive set up to play the game. The gripe is that's the "only" decent wheel you can buy to play with the game, there's no decent middle ground and you can't use your existing expensive set ups with it either.

PD "feel" the best way to experience their game is with a Thrustmaster T500RS (I believe that's the official wheel for the game), but that doesn't stop you buying a dozen other wheels and enjoying it, or even using your existing high end set up.

While, of course, no one is holding a knife over your throat forcing you to buy the Fanatec wheel, if you want to enjoy Forza like you do any other sim on either PC or PS3, yeah, you kinda ARE being forced to buy their extremely expensive "limited" wheel, even if you already own an expensive wheel.

What makes it worse, IMO at least, is that its not only just a monopoly, its a "limited" monopoly. Rather than giving options to the consumer, they're taking away options and telling you "YOU BETTER BUY IT NOW COZ WE'RE ONLY MAKING X NUMBER OF THEM!!!".

It doesn't matter how bad something is in gaming, there will always be an apologist who feels it's his sacred duty to defend the indefensible.

Someone should do a study on this phenomenon.

It doesn't matter how bad something is in gaming, there will always be an apologist who feels it's his sacred duty to defend the indefensible.

Someone should do a study on this phenomenon.

Not sure where that comment came from, but I think the "phenomenon" you speak of is simply disagreement about what's good or bad based on personal opinion and preference. Everyone has likes and dislikes and what might be "bad" to you may not be "bad" to someone else so there will always be disagreement.

The problem isn't that T10 "feel" that's the best wheel for their game nor is it that you have to buy an expensive set up to play the game. The gripe is that's the "only" decent wheel you can buy to play with the game, there's no decent middle ground and you can't use your existing expensive set ups with it either.

PD "feel" the best way to experience their game is with a Thrustmaster T500RS (I believe that's the official wheel for the game), but that doesn't stop you buying a dozen other wheels and enjoying it, or even using your existing high end set up.

While, of course, no one is holding a knife over your throat forcing you to buy the Fanatec wheel, if you want to enjoy Forza like you do any other sim on either PC or PS3, yeah, you kinda ARE being forced to buy their extremely expensive "limited" wheel, even if you already own an expensive wheel.

What makes it worse, IMO at least, is that its not only just a monopoly, its a "limited" monopoly. Rather than giving options to the consumer, they're taking away options and telling you "YOU BETTER BUY IT NOW COZ WE'RE ONLY MAKING X NUMBER OF THEM!!!".

Understood and I've heard the complaints that Forza has a far smaller variety of wheel support.

you're right, im the only one who would rather have a simulation type game vs. an arcade racer :confused:

Forza is FAR more sim racer than arcade racer. If you can't see that or admit that, its you're problem not Turn 10's.

The Kinect support is a money grab by itself, no interest in that even though I have a Kinect. It's great for Fruit Ninja, not racing sims.

The Warthog could easily be driveable at a later date, I bet it does. But it made my "meh" list, not a huge Halo fan so....

They have RUF models in the game, it's a customized Porsche. Pretend it has a porsche badge and it's a porsche. :)

I agree with all the rest though. This is looking to be a great game. I am a one game every couple years kind of guy. I bought Forza2 and then quickly went to Forza3 when it came out and played it until now....bought a few other games for my 360 but most were meh, including Halo and Gears of War. I really only own a 360 for racing games.

yeah the RUF model is just a Porsche with an insane amount of horse power from its custom NA 550 HP V8.. personally i'd rather drive that beast then a Porsche any day.

and i'm with you, the only games i own for xbox/360 is forza 1, 2,3 and soon to be 4.. everything else is better on PC or not even worth owning.

its a console.. 80% of the people buying the game don't even know how to drive a car let alone race one. so you have to make it usable for a large demographic of players. if you wan't to make it more difficult turn all the assists off. the majority of racing enthusiasts play games like iracing and Rfactor and the developers of Forza know that.

its a console.. 80% of the people buying the game don't even know how to drive a car let alone race one. so you have to make it usable for a large demographic of players. if you wan't to make it more difficult turn all the assists off. the majority of racing enthusiasts play games like iracing and Rfactor and the developers of Forza know that.

i tried those games, they suck, was especially disappointed in iRacing because of how it was hyped to death as the end all be all but yet the graphics were circa 2000 and the realism was really bad. I should be able to pit and change tires as often as I like, they don't allow that. I could go on and on, but iRacing is pretty suck ass. Glad I only paid like $10 for a three month trial. That's all it was worth. I have to have good graphics as well as realism. Forza hits more of the must haves than any other.

I'm counting down the hours till I can finally get my hands on F4 as i'm a huge fan. Forza 3 was already stunning enough, so I can't wait to see what kind of improvements they bring in graphics and gameplay. Still sad though that EA pulled a dick move and decided to stop letting everyone else license Porsche vehicles from them, but then again I also put the blame with Porsche as well.

I love the Driving Force GT with GT5. It's an unbelievably nice wheel for the $99 I paid. It was made specifically for the game and perfect for me. I'm a racing/driving game enthusiast, but not hardcore enough to spend big bucks on a wheel and pedals.

So there is nothing like it on X360 ? It's either junk or a $500 fanatic setup ? Seems like someone could make some money filling the void.

I love the Driving Force GT with GT5. It's an unbelievably nice wheel for the $99 I paid. It was made specifically for the game and perfect for me. I'm a racing/driving game enthusiast, but not hardcore enough to spend big bucks on a wheel and pedals.

So there is nothing like it on X360 ? It's either junk or a $500 fanatic setup ? Seems like someone could make some money filling the void.

MadCatz has a FFB wheel coming for about $250. Looks like a toy and it's $250 (that's G27 territory), my guess the likes of a DFP and DFGT are twice the wheel for 1/2 the price. I recall Thomas from Fanatec said the process that MS requires is a pain in the neck.

MadCatz has a FFB wheel coming for about $250. Looks like a toy and it's $250 (that's G27 territory), my guess the likes of a DFP and DFGT are twice the wheel for 1/2 the price. I recall Thomas from Fanatec said the process that MS requires is a pain in the neck.

Yeah, $250 is still out of my comfort zone. I'm more like a $150 type of guy and even then I think that's far too much for what it is. I'm a grown adult with kids. I would feel like a total douche if I had a $500 wheel setup for a video game period, I am a controller player.

It is absolutely stupid that I cannot use a logitech wheel on 360. The madcatz will be shit, when a Logitech wheel would be cheaper and better. Fail.

Big Forza fan here, I'm level 42 in 3, I haven't had the energy to push my level higher on endurance races but still enjoy playing it regularly. Looking forward to Forza 4! I still use my MS FF racing wheel with a Wheel Stand Pro and it works wonderfully on my 360. I'm not going to buy a $400 wheel so the MS one does wonders for me.

Pretty much, There were some good wheels out back in the PGR / forza 2 days..

I dont get why Logitech stopped the DriveFX wheel. Was probably one of the better wheels for the price range.. Think it was 80 bucks when i bought it..

Same with microsoft, why did they discontinue the Microsoft wheel..

So I went to gamestop a few days ago, and had to get stuck with the madcatz MC2 wheel. Not bad, but doesnt come close to the driveFX i had..

SEX!!!

Would be awesome if you could put BOV's on all turbo cars.

Cant wait to drive my Starion in game tomorrow!!

Here's what I've been able to figure out w.r.t. wheels -

- MS and Logitech have some dispute over drivers. MS requires all usb peripheral drivers to be certified (unlike PS3) and apparently Logitech won't do that. And they don't care since they make enough money from PS3, which I find very odd. So no Xbox support in any of their gaming devices

- the MS wireless racing wheel was a good one, but had many issues and went through a redesign. Just like the Xbox. So MS basically gave up on it.

- They've figured out people just use the controller, and those who are hardcore will get the Fanatec setups.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs.

I remember there was a recall for the power adapter on the MS wheel but I never sent mine in. Hopefully it doesn't fry itself.

Edit: Picked up the Rigid stand today. Need to cut the center post eventually so I can lower it more for couch use and fit the pedals directly in the middle, but for the price I can't complain.

img0413.jpg

img0414.jpg

Last edited:
All this talk about the Fanatec wheel made me google up a review. Apparently, one just went up on IGN: http://gear.ign.com/articles/119/1199442p1.html

I think I'll wait for some of you to buy it here before I plop down five hundred for this. I was given the Microsoft wheel back when Forza 2 came out as a present and never used it after testing it out the first time.

I remember there was a recall for the power adapter on the MS wheel but I never sent mine in. Hopefully it doesn't fry itself.

Edit: Picked up the Rigid stand today. Need to cut the center post eventually so I can lower it more for couch use and fit the pedals directly in the middle, but for the price I can't complain.

Doesn't look overly stable, lol, how is it?

I've always meant to build my own fold away stand but never got around to it, and unfortunately these days I barely have time to play racing games anyway.

Woohoo porsche club america members get priority orders on the new fanatecs

Too bad I don't have enough time to make a nice racing sim cockpit worthwhile. I've barely even played forza 3, even though I love it.

I am disappointed in the lack of Pcars. Really really disappointed :(

Why are you guys tossing around $500 as the base price? You can get the wheel for $250 and pedals for $30 - http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_u...id=94&osCsid=8003d66ad8e67d1fd658895c86a7a8e1

the point is for $250 you should be providing someone with the whole setup, wheel, pedals and shifter....or at minimum wheel and pedals with paddle shifters built into wheel

$280 is a crap ton of money for most people just to play FM4 when a decent wheel and pedal set used to be had for $150 and especially a lot of money when they have a perfectly good Logitech G27 sitting next to them that they paid $250-$300 for that is now useless for FM4

Back