Forza 4 fans?

nobody_here

[H]F Junkie
I searched a few times, came up empty, figured that's a mistake. Any [H] members waiting for it on Oct 11. I just preordered the LCE today!

I'm still a little burnt from Forza 2, I felt rip off. There was only 12 racing tracks in the game, so it felt like racing the same fucking race over and over again in career mode. You're spending about 40-60 hours in career mode just to race the same track with the same cars. No weather changes for only 12 tracks, no in game music while racing why? Why was that a good fucking idea?

The cars don't feel as good as Gran Turismo 4 for a driving sim. But the game got above 90% average score on all the review sites, guess M$ paid a lot of money for those good reviews.
I was pissed at the time because I paid full price just to get a game that was only 10% of GT4 content, which came out about 2 years early. Forza 3 and Forza 4 just feels like a cash grab game. They should have just called it Forza 2011.

Hard to be a fan of a game that hasn't been released yet...but yeah, should be good. Forza has overtaken (pun lulz) Gran Turismo for driving simulation IMO.

I'm still a Forza 1 fan :p I know its never gonna happen, but if the G25/27 ever became compatible with Forza I'd buy the entire series in a heart beat.

I'm expecting Forza 4 to be better than Gran Turismo 5. That's coming from a Gran Turismo fan...

I like Forza, but I don't play online much so I may wait for a price drop before grabbing 4.

Forza 4 looks pretty amazing. I got REALLY excited about F3 and to me it wasn't as good as F2 was. But I have high hopes for F4 after seeing all the screens, reading all the articles and watching a ton of interviews. Seems they have finally found a happy medium that will please everyone. And, it looks and sounds fantastic.

I will be sinking a LOT of hours into painting cars again. I had an entire series of cars that took me about 40 hours each to complete with nearly all 4000 layers used in F2. I plan on doing that again in F4.

Things I'm looking forward to:
  • Top Gear goodies (TG test track, Jeremy Clarkson, Stig, SIARPC Kia)
  • Variable weather effects
  • Variable time of day
  • Tracks in the Alps

Things I'm disappointed in:
  • No Porsches
  • Warthog will make an appearance but isn't drivable (weak)

Things I find "meh":
  • Kinect support
  • Head tracking

Still, I'll probably get this for Christmas.

I was watching the American version of top gear, and they had Forza 4 on there.. it looked good. Have every forza, so this is a no brainer.

I was a GT fan till 5, now its forza or nothing.. Just need to release it on PC and itd be that much better ;)

• Variable time of day
  • Tracks in the Alps

• No Porsches

Things I find "meh":
  • Kinect support
  • Head tracking

The Kinect support is a money grab by itself, no interest in that even though I have a Kinect. It's great for Fruit Ninja, not racing sims.

The Warthog could easily be driveable at a later date, I bet it does. But it made my "meh" list, not a huge Halo fan so....

They have RUF models in the game, it's a customized Porsche. Pretend it has a porsche badge and it's a porsche. :)

I agree with all the rest though. This is looking to be a great game. I am a one game every couple years kind of guy. I bought Forza2 and then quickly went to Forza3 when it came out and played it until now....bought a few other games for my 360 but most were meh, including Halo and Gears of War. I really only own a 360 for racing games.

All you need is the XCM F-1 Converter and you're set.

http://xcm.cc/f1_converter.htm

Yeah, I've seen that. Unless they've fixed it with firmware it simply acts like a regular 360 controller with the stick mapped to the wheel rotation. ie. Shit deadzone, poor sensitivity and no force feedback (it just has the rumble effects acting through the wheel, no actual FFB). Might as well just be using a 360 controller.

Love F3, hate the new steering wheel that floats in air and is nothing like holding a real wheel. Kinect may be good for head tracking in a racing sim and that's about it. Give a Momo for Christ's sake!

Love F3, hate the new steering wheel that floats in air and is nothing like holding a real wheel. Kinect may be good for head tracking in a racing sim and that's about it. Give a Momo for Christ's sake!

I saw that controller for the first time yesterday, just to be clear, it is not part of the Forza 4 package. I agree though, it's junk. Glad I have the Logitech Driving Force FX to try. Will probably end up using controller like with FM3 though.

Have to order mine from amazon for the sti. Shame I waited, they only have the regular edition

Have to order mine from amazon for the sti. Shame I waited, they only have the regular edition

I was able to get the LCE from gamestop. I would have preferred a different preorder car but A. They are around the corner from me so i can pick it up easily on release day, and B. Because i am sure all of the preorder cars will be available as packages later anyways. Turn 10 has a hard time leaving anything exclusive for long.

Anyone who preorders should be sure to email a copy of the recipt with gamertag as per the preorder instructions on the Turn10 site. Thats how you get the exclusive preorder car packs. Not the single car.....this is for the big pack of like 25 cars.

I pre-ordered it over the summer thru Amazon and got the LE for $60 so was happy about that. Tempted to get the the Fanatec CSR Elite wheel too, my PWTS is still going strong though.

I preordered and paid it in full a while back as I am a huge fan of the Forza series. I got the regular edition mainly because the limited edition doesn't really offer anything special that enhances the gaming experience.

I will also NEVER forgive EA for refusing to let Forza use Porsche. Those pricks have screwed over gamers for the last time in my eyes. It is one thing if EA never licensed out Porsche vehicles to other developers, but they used to license it out and this is a total prick move that only pricks make. I havn't seen the car list yet, but I really hope that there will be a lot of Fords.

I'm looking forward to it, and will definitely buy it. I still need to finish my career in Forza 3 though! Not sure I'll be able to do that before the fourth comes out... especially when I just grabbed Gears of War 3. Either way I look forward to getting it.

Definitely. Very few games do I pre-order/buy on launch but this is one of them.

Where's the best place to get it? Amazon only seems to be giving out a free STI (<3 STI's) but the last 2 games I pre-ordered from them I got $20 off.

No porsches? That's news to me. They're not one of my primary cars but they're good cars and I respect them.

I preordered and paid it in full a while back as I am a huge fan of the Forza series. I got the regular edition mainly because the limited edition doesn't really offer anything special that enhances the gaming experience.

I will also NEVER forgive EA for refusing to let Forza use Porsche. Those pricks have screwed over gamers for the last time in my eyes. It is one thing if EA never licensed out Porsche vehicles to other developers, but they used to license it out and this is a total prick move that only pricks make. I havn't seen the car list yet, but I really hope that there will be a lot of Fords.

Except a pack of about 25 cars on release day.

Bought Forza 3 on day one but I mean the game is too damn long to actually finish. It is like a never ending game which is a huge turnoff. I probably won't buy Forza 3 until it hits $40. No real reason to buy it on day one unless you are a serious online racer.

I hear a lot of the cars and progress from Forza 3 will transfer. That would be cool if they did. I hate thinking that I wasted so much time on 3 only to have to start fresh again.

Hopefully multiplayer is better than the atrocity that 3 offered.

So it looks like on launch day they are already releasing DLC, but this time it's a $30 "season pass".....thats 50% of the game cost in DLC on launch day? Hell, between the LCE game and this pack ill be in for $110 on launch day! man.....

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/season_pass/

Season Pass: Today we announced our Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass, a DLC subscription package for Forza 4 players. Purchasing the Season Pass will give you access to the first six months&#8217; worth of Forza 4 add-on packs&#8212;plus one free add-on pack (the American Muscle Car Pack, which we also unveiled today). The Season Pass will cost 2,400 MS Points ($29.99) and represents a 30 percent overall discount as compared to purchasing the DLC packs separately. Individual 10-car packs will cost 560 MS Points ($7) in Forza Motorsport 4. We are also introducing the ability to buy some DLC cars on a per item basis, a feature which will offer players more flexibility and choice to get the cars they want. One side note of interest for Forza 4 DLC cars: Unlike in Forza 3, DLC cars will be seamlessly integrated into World Tour mode&#8212;both as AI cars in races as well as in-game gifts you can be rewarded when reaching a new level.

Last edited:
Season pass is the new thing. Gears has it, COD has it. They figured out a way to take preorders for DLC and are going to milk it.

Why are people making such a big deal out of season pass DLC? If you enjoy the type of DLC content that will be released for that game then its just a form of pre-order. You certainly don't have to purchase it.

I've actually bought a season pass for Gears of war 3 DLC because I've bought all the DLC for Gears 1 and 2. Forza 3 had quite a bit of DLC from what I remember.

Yeah, racing games like Forza are one type of game where I can happily accept DLC. Fact is, there's only so many cars and tracks you can put into the game at release and adding extra cars and tracks does take time and effort and is worth money. I've played on enough shitty modded tracks and raced in enough poorly made community mod cars that I can appreciate paying for some studio made cars and tracks.

While I am looking forward to Forza 4, I think I'm going to hold off for a while, and just wait for the platinum edition that includes a bunch of the DLC. There are far too many other games I'm interested in coming out in the next few months.

Why are people making such a big deal out of season pass DLC? If you enjoy the type of DLC content that will be released for that game then its just a form of pre-order. You certainly don't have to purchase it.

I've actually bought a season pass for Gears of war 3 DLC because I've bought all the DLC for Gears 1 and 2. Forza 3 had quite a bit of DLC from what I remember.

actually you do if you want to enjoy the multiplayer part of the game, because shortly after DLC is released everybody is playing that track or using those new cars.....and you miss out on a lot of enjoyment if you dont have them, and they know this. Not making a big deal, i will buy it. But its the first i heard of a season pass DLC. Havent been following gaming lately. Havent played my 360 in at least 6 months.

• Variable time of day
  • Tracks in the Alps

• No Porsches

Things I find "meh":
  • Kinect support
  • Head tracking

I think head tracking is great it could help around the corners and adds that extra layer to the game experience.

so the demo is out on XBL, played it a bit, i am somewhat underwhelmed but its going to hold me for a few years more than likely, but the Rival game mode AI is completely broken......reminds me of playing Need For Speed or Grand Theft Auto racing through traffic and ignorant AI

the quick race AI is good when set to AI, wish you could set it in the Rival mode, hopefully this changes in the real game and is only a demo thing

Pros:
Graphics are improved, fairly fluid, lighting engine changes are nice but overall a minor upgrade from FM3
Sounds are improved I think, sounds pretty darn realistic
Cockpit view details are really good

Cons:
Collisions/damage is still gimped as much as FM3, so any hopes of getting semi-realistic damage are dashed...
Music sounds like an old Sonic the Hedgehog game soundtrack....fairly disgusting, and i'm into all sorts of electronic type music....
Rival mode as mentioned above is like playing Need For Speed or racing in Grand Theft Auto, too bad they spent time on this game mode instead of polishing other aspects

Of course this is still a demo and things could be different but I don't expect the parts I mentioned to change much between now and Tuesday Oct. 11

It kinds of gets to me though, because this was supposed to be their answer to GT5, and instead it feels like a reworked FM3 without Porsches

Last edited:
Anyone who preorders should be sure to email a copy of the recipt with gamertag as per the preorder instructions on the Turn10 site. Thats how you get the exclusive preorder car packs. Not the single car.....this is for the big pack of like 25 cars.

care to post a link? been searching on their site and haven't seen any instruction about this. all the pre-order site has is links to retailers right now.

Back