Forza 4 fans?

The demo looks great and I'm certain that you'll be able to get the cars acting at least as simmish as GT5 by turning the aids off. Sound is fantastic.

Not sure about some of the play modes but I usually just lap the ring in shitty cars anyways. :D

Oh, and absolute horse shit that G25/27 still isn't compatible. Who wants two gigantic wheel/chair setups? One gigantic wheel/chair setup is enough. ~$600 bucks. Fuck you MS, give boris the code!

Last edited:
i feel like it's somewhere in between. I drive really aggressively and fast in my vehicles in real life. I rarely ever experience understeer on this scale. I don't drive a race car, daily drivers, even my beater 1991 Nissan D21 with stretched tight and wide Falken Ziex tires and a lowered suspension will carve corners with no understeer at speeds where these "simulated" supercars with super high end suspensions and tires are pushing....to be quite honest, in my hands my real life vehicles turn in much more like FM3 than FM4.

That being said, I agree that FM3 was a bit too sticky when it came to full on braking and turning, there was practically no understeer. They just went a little past realistic I think in order to exaggerate the new "feature". The real kick in the nuts for me was when I went in to upgrade and tune my car to resolve that understeer, I was greeted with the same exact options. underwhelming

I dunno about your Nissan, but almost all street cars are tuned for understeer because understeer is more stable and safer. When you start screwing around with the suspension randomly like lowering it, its hard to say what'll happen as you change the geometry. But for the vast majority of street cars, when pushed to the limit they'll tend to understeer (unless you purposely try to make them oversteer by doing things like turning sharply as you lift off the brakes or get some power oversteer by using heaps of throttle when still turning). I can't speak for things like supercars, because I have no experience with them, though you can tell just from looking at them that even high end supercars are tame little kittens compared to most race cars.

Race cars are very different animals and it depends what you tune them to do.

I still haven't had a chance to play FM4 yet so I dunno what the deal is there though. Games often feel like they're understeering because you're asking too much of the front tyres compared to what you would in real life due to the fact there's no real sense of speed, which is why I know a few people who say sim racing games are harder than real driving. Other games, if you play with a controller or with driving aids induce understeer by affecting your steering input. I dunno if either of those are the cause of FM4s understeer because I haven't had the chance to play it. ;)

Last edited:
I dunno about your Nissan, but almost all street cars are tuned for understeer because understeer is more stable and safer. When you start screwing around with the suspension randomly like lowering it, its hard to say what'll happen as you change the geometry. But for the vast majority of street cars, when pushed to the limit they'll tend to understeer (unless you purposely try to make them oversteer by doing things like turning sharply as you lift off the brakes or get some power oversteer by using heaps of throttle when still turning). I can't speak for things like supercars, because I have no experience with them, though you can tell just from looking at them that even high end supercars are tame little kittens compared to most race cars.

Race cars are very different animals and it depends what you tune them to do.

I still haven't had a chance to play FM4 yet so I dunno what the deal is there though. Games often feel like they're understeering because you're asking too much of the front tyres compared to what you would in real life due to the fact there's no real sense of speed, which is why I know a few people who say sim racing games are harder than real driving. Other games, if you play with a controller or with driving aids induce understeer by affecting your steering input. I dunno if either of those are the cause of FM4s understeer because I haven't had the chance to play it. ;)

I know they made it a point to say they focused on the unrealistic understeer of FM3.

i ended up not picking up FM4, its not that it isnt a great game, but i played FM3 endlessly and im bored of racing cars around a track for 3-5 laps per race with nothing interesting happening.

i ended up not picking up FM4, its not that it isnt a great game, but i played FM3 endlessly and im bored of racing cars around a track for 3-5 laps per race with nothing interesting happening.

Well, that's racing. What would you like to happen? Fireworks, explosions and earthquakes?

i feel like it's somewhere in between. I drive really aggressively and fast in my vehicles in real life. I rarely ever experience understeer on this scale. I don't drive a race car, daily drivers, even my beater 1991 Nissan D21 with stretched tight and wide Falken Ziex tires and a lowered suspension will carve corners with no understeer at speeds where these "simulated" supercars with super high end suspensions and tires are pushing....to be quite honest, in my hands my real life vehicles turn in much more like FM3 than FM4.

That being said, I agree that FM3 was a bit too sticky when it came to full on braking and turning, there was practically no understeer. They just went a little past realistic I think in order to exaggerate the new "feature". The real kick in the nuts for me was when I went in to upgrade and tune my car to resolve that understeer, I was greeted with the same exact options. underwhelming

I have the '03 mini cooper s setup exactly like my real life '03 mini cooper s jcw car, same power, mods, all that. with the microsoft wireless steering wheel, it drives damn near identical to how my car drives in real life. it actually surprised the shit out of me how it handled in the game.

i have the suspension setup on my real life car to be as neutral as possible, it still has a slight bit of oversteer when pushed very hard

I agree with nobody_here about the understeer. Having access to a few cars in this game I can say that they act nothing, not even remotely, the same in real life. I think the exaggerated understeer and oversteer in the game is meant to give the sensation of speed, unfortunately it's not realistic.

i think people who are used to front wheel drive cars with regular passenger tires are used to understeer, which is most people these days...so it seems normal and "more realistic" to many

i think people who are used to front wheel drive cars with regular passenger tires are used to understeer, which is most people these days...so it seems normal and "more realistic" to many
Nah, the real problem is that people watch The Fast and The Furious, play a video game, throw a few bolt ons on to their rust buckets and think they have driving experience.

It's similar to the thousands of people that set up a heavy bag in their garage, punch it a few times and think they're UFC champions or the guys that built a computer and think they're I.T. experts.

Last edited:
Nah, the real problem is that people watch The Fast and The Furious, play a video game, throw a few bolt ons on to their rust buckets and think they have driving experience.

It's similar to the thousands of people that set up a heavy bag in their garage, punch it a few times and think they're UFC champions or the guys that built a computer and think they're I.T. experts.

While true, I was thinking the crappy cheap car front wheel drive experience is what most kids these days have to compare to...all those pieces of crap push like hell and roll like the Tide. :)

I like my rust bucket! I modified the suspension travel and stance and shocks and put some good tires on her and gave her a nice rake and offset wheel/tire set, where it can only push on snow...where it's essentially undriveable.

You sir, are an expert on everything and everyone else should bow at your feet since you're clearly superior to everyone else in this world. :rolleyes:

If anyone in Canada is still looking for the LE, Bestbuy.ca has some in stock. My pre-order finally shipped today.

You sir, are an expert on everything and everyone else should bow at your feet since you're clearly superior to everyone else in this world. :rolleyes:
There's no need to be an asshole. I'm simply stating a fact.....the overwhelming majority of people comparing handling characteristics in this game to real life have less than zero real life experience. Get over yourself.

This thread saves me from bothering to buy 4 next year. I'll just stick to playing 3. Thanks

anyone try this with the MS speed wheel?

i have tried it with the original wireless wheel - works better in FM4 than it ever did in FM2. that being said, i perfer the controller. with the wheel i keep waiting for the subtle steering feel inputs as well as brake/throttle inputs a real car gives you and no wheel/pedal combo can. with a controller my brain doesn't look for those sensations and i tend to do better.

hmm I just picked up the speed wheel, within 5 minutes I got used to it, it's much MUCH better then expected, best $50 to spend for Forza 4 :D, it's fairly accurate and very fast,

the only retarded thing is, WTF with no right / left buttons?(r1/l1)

This thread saves me from bothering to buy 4 next year. I'll just stick to playing 3. Thanks

FM3 is still fantastic even today, but when you get ready to play FM4, you'll appreciate all of the improvements that were made from FM3.

To be honest, I like and dislike some things that were changed in FM4, I guess if I had my preference, I would prefer a mixture of FM3 and FM4 to make the perfect Forza for me.

Back