I'm windows only so not entirely sure whether the available work is also for Linux but I think it is.

I did read in the forums that 64bit Linux operating system must have 32bit compatibility libraries installed though.

One of my Linux rigs grabbed some work. Was curious because when I first attached all my hosts only the Windows boxen grabbed work at first. I got 6 tasks.

The server seems to give a few tasks and then back off for an hour before adding more. Set your cache to 10/10 if you want any more than one per cpu/thread. The longest task is forecast to take 15 days on my G34 6174 rig!

Heres a project been working on for my home p2 build. Had some bamboo laying around and been looking for a case to hold eeb mobo. Figured I'd give it a shot. Just taped it up really quickly to see how it's looking. Gonna be dual chamber so PSu will sit behind motherboard tray.
IMG_20170611_184400.jpg IMG_20170611_184420.jpg IMG_20170611_184440.jpg IMG_20170611_184456.jpg IMG_20170611_184557.jpg IMG_20170611_184634.jpg

Looks like a high end Corsair 540 that only the rich can afford. I bet if its just wide enough you could get 2 2Ps in there.

It's beautiful. Are you going to paint it or leave it as bamboo color?

Honestly, I would chose natural bamboo color, maybe shellac it. Just my one cent :D

Well done [H]ordes. We finished top spot in Seti@Home. Third gold for the team!

I'm done supporting that terrible project. (ClimatePrediction)

I'm guessing that this is to do with CP project admin not giving a hoot about user issues?

They might give a hoot, but apparently there is only like 2 of them or something dumb. So, the veteran moderators defend the lack of ability like everyone MUST tolerate the behavior and put off legitimate concerns about issues as if they are not important. Points are always a problem and get broken too often. The site got rebuilt a few years back and may look more like a corp page now, but sucks for BOINC navigation. Things just don't go well there. Be careful bringing up topics about points in their forums....lol

Don't worry, the last project forum I visited was ff which soon thereafter prompted me to stop folding. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

I'm willing to take one for the team if anything goes wrong. I'll just have to grin and bear it (and whinge here).

Yeah... I ran it to 1 million points. Figured that was a nice enough gesture...

fastgeek, looks like you moved us up from 5th to 2nd position and soon to overtake the top spot. You have a big "heart" to help the team and the heart project..lol.

Ah, you noticed that, did you? ;) Medical projects are really where I'd prefer to contribute to. :) Too bad the old optimized apps aren't still around; I was able to hit 1M points in less than a day back then... and with far less powerful hardware!

Well my personal computer at home died last night crunching away on Einstein and citizen science. I'm pretty sure it's just the motherboard. Older Asus maximus vi hero with a i7. Pulled everything off the board and it just constantly power cycles on and off even with no ram or cpu on. Uhhhh.

Corsair ax850. Even tested the board with an older hx650 same thing.

Noticing that you took the top spot in CSG in our team. Congrats!

The sprint is LHC@Home. Yes, that project again.

I'm not sure how much help I can be on this one given that I'm still bogged down with CP work.

I'm trying to get tasks on all my 4P rigs, but its not pulling any.

IMG_20170621_203405.jpg IMG_20170621_204958.jpg
Made some progress mounted up to bamboo mobo tray

7 x16 PCI-e slots? Someone getting ready to build a massive 7-GPU rig?

with not much work coming down on LHC seeing how I only have sixtrack and atlas selected are any of the other projects they have worth running? I remember when we did this I think for the pent we were running sixtrack at the time?

upload_2017-6-22_6-54-13.png

The other projects require virtual box. Atlas requires it also I believe.

I ran both SixTrack and Atlas for the pentathlon. The credits for Atlas were superior to start with but, because of the way CreditNew works, SixTrack provided the better credits by the end of the competition.

If you're struggling to get SixTrack work it may be worth attaching using the old server http://lhcathomeclassic.cern.ch/sixtrack/

I just experimented and managed to get work from both of them so the test was a bit inconclusive.

Remove the PC from BAM if you use it then attach to the project using boinctasks (or boinc manager) replacing the url with the revised address.

Only Non-vbox app is Six Track. IIRC Theory Simulation used to run smooth for me back when I ran it. Couldn't tell you about points though.

lhcupdate6.jpg

MGMCCALLEY , you went from 1380 credits when we were discussing your issues to 8,670. So you're contributing a good bit to our score right now. Thanks!

Back