• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=5796604161
https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/result.php?resultid=5796604172
here are a few
upload_2017-6-8_10-0-23.png
 
Not sure if it is a newer driver. Are you able to run CPU SETI task only on your PC? Pls check appropriate box on your seti preference. I honestly don't know the answer so I don't want to let you do the wild goose chase..:unsure:

upload_2017-6-8_8-20-22.png
 
Should be plenty of v8's out there. What does the Event Log inside BOINC manager say?
 
Also, what anti-virus are you running and did you exclude the BOINC data directory?
 
Sorry, I left the rigs on autopilot for a while. I moved into a new office and it took forever to get things up and running like I want them. Still a lot of work to do, and I'm working from home two days a week. I pushed back my next 2P build until probably August or September, there's just too much going on this Summer now that my wife and I are both working full time plus our daughter is almost 8 months old, so she's much more of a handful these days. If there's a quick (read 5 total minutes or less) project switch that you need in the future on BOINC, just PM me. I don't check this often, but I do get PMs in my e-mail and I'll know to check then.

Happy crunching.
 
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Starting BOINC client version 7.6.33 for windows_x86_64
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | log flags: file_xfer, sched_ops, task
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Libraries: libcurl/7.47.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2g zlib/1.2.8
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Data directory: C:\ProgramData\BOINC
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Running under account 1126504272C
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | CUDA: NVIDIA GPU 0: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (driver version 382.33, CUDA version 8.0, compute capability 6.1, 3072MB, 2520MB available, 3936 GFLOPS peak)
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | OpenCL: NVIDIA GPU 0: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (driver version 382.33, device version OpenCL 1.2 CUDA, 3072MB, 2520MB available, 3936 GFLOPS peak)
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Host name:
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Processor: 32 GenuineIntel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2687W 0 @ 3.10GHz [Family 6 Model 45 Stepping 7]
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Processor features: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss htt tm pni ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes syscall nx lm avx tm2 pbe
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | OS: Microsoft Windows 10: Enterprise x64 Edition, (10.00.10586.00)
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Memory: 127.93 GB physical, 146.93 GB virtual
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Disk: 1.80 TB total, 1.60 TB free
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Local time is UTC -5 hours
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Config: report completed tasks immediately
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | SETI@home | URL http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/; Computer ID 8279601; resource share 100
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | General prefs: from http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/ (last modified 08-May-2017 10:48:17)
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Host location: none
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | General prefs: using your defaults
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Reading preferences override file
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | Preferences:
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | max memory usage when active: 98249.96MB
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | max memory usage when idle: 117899.95MB
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | max disk usage: 920.78GB
6/8/2017 10:58:29 AM | | (to change preferences, visit a project web site or select Preferences in the Manager)
6/8/2017 10:58:30 AM | | Suspending computation - initial delay
6/8/2017 10:59:30 AM | SETI@home | Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
6/8/2017 10:59:30 AM | SETI@home | Requesting new tasks for CPU and NVIDIA GPU
6/8/2017 10:59:32 AM | SETI@home | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
6/8/2017 10:59:32 AM | SETI@home | Not sending work - last request too recent: 266 sec
6/8/2017 11:04:00 AM | | Contacting account manager at https://bam.boincstats.com/
6/8/2017 11:04:03 AM | | Account manager: BAM! User: 217425, Applejacks
6/8/2017 11:04:03 AM | | Account manager: BAM! Host: 705778
6/8/2017 11:04:03 AM | | Account manager: Number of BAM! connections for this host: 546
6/8/2017 11:04:03 AM | | Account manager contact succeeded
6/8/2017 11:11:40 AM | SETI@home | Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
6/8/2017 11:11:40 AM | SETI@home | Requesting new tasks for CPU and NVIDIA GPU
6/8/2017 11:11:42 AM | SETI@home | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
6/8/2017 11:11:42 AM | SETI@home | No tasks sent
6/8/2017 11:11:42 AM | SETI@home | This computer has finished a daily quota of 1 tasks
6/8/2017 11:16:45 AM | SETI@home | Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
6/8/2017 11:16:45 AM | SETI@home | Requesting new tasks for CPU and NVIDIA GPU
6/8/2017 11:16:47 AM | SETI@home | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
6/8/2017 11:16:47 AM | SETI@home | No tasks sent
6/8/2017 11:16:47 AM | SETI@home | This computer has finished a daily quota of 1 tasks
 
OK... it is not requesting work because you had so many failed work units that the server now has you limited to just 1 work unit per day. This is to protect their work units from mass destruction. So, after your host is due for its 1 daily work unit, you may attempt to run work again. If it successfully completes that work unit, it will increase your quota as the host becomes more reliable. So, until you get another work unit...we can't really trouble shoot much. I would suggest taking the time to make sure you have everything up to date as you have mentioned doing above, fresh restarts, etc... until that time. You may even want to scour the SETI forums to see if anyone else has reported issues with the 1060's.
 
well its weird I got 2 machines, basically the same... one has 2x gtx 1060s and its crunching away at seti right now. this one is just dual cpu and one 1060 and all the other projects are working on it just not seti
only difference now is the NVidia driver . but it was even puking up on the cpu tasks apparently. eh ill just let it sit on tn grid and put the video card on Einstein for a day. sucks tho this is my main cpu production rig
 
yep I reset it earlier didn't help out . heat is not a problem right now
 
Can you swap the GPU into another box and see if it is fine in another box running SETI. That way we can eliminate the problem being with the card?
 
Gpu works in another box. and it will run Einstein on that box too. Same issue on another box but this one told me driver was out of date. Reloaded newer driver same thing. This was an older quadro card but still. I set that box to cpu only in bam and even paused gpu but it just errors out on anything seti. Arggggghhh
 
Here some more log from a box it started sucking down wu again straight to errors not sure what the absent part is about?



6/8/2017 4:09:10 PM | SETI@home | Resetting project
6/8/2017 4:09:16 PM | SETI@home | Fetching scheduler list
6/8/2017 4:09:17 PM | SETI@home | Master file download succeeded
6/8/2017 4:09:22 PM | SETI@home | Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
6/8/2017 4:09:22 PM | SETI@home | Requesting new tasks for CPU and NVIDIA GPU
6/8/2017 4:09:24 PM | SETI@home | Scheduler request completed: got 176 new tasks
6/8/2017 4:09:26 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome_8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG.exe
6/8/2017 4:09:26 PM | SETI@home | Started download of MultiBeam_Kernels_r3584.cl
6/8/2017 4:09:29 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome_8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG.exe
6/8/2017 4:09:29 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of MultiBeam_Kernels_r3584.cl
6/8/2017 4:09:29 PM | SETI@home | Started download of libfftw3f-3-3-4_x86.dll
6/8/2017 4:09:29 PM | SETI@home | Started download of mb_cmdline-8.22_windows_intel__opencl_nvidia_SoG.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:30 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of libfftw3f-3-3-4_x86.dll
6/8/2017 4:09:30 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of mb_cmdline-8.22_windows_intel__opencl_nvidia_SoG.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:30 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_AUTHORS.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:30 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_COPYING.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:31 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_AUTHORS.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:31 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_COPYING.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:31 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_COPYRIGHT.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:31 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_README.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:32 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_COPYRIGHT.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:32 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_README.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:32 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_README_OPENCL.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:32 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome_8.05_windows_x86_64.exe
6/8/2017 4:09:34 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.22_windows_intelx86__opencl_nvidia_SoG_README_OPENCL.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:34 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setigraphics_8.05_windows_x86_64.exe
6/8/2017 4:09:35 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome_8.05_windows_x86_64.exe
6/8/2017 4:09:35 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setigraphics_8.05_windows_x86_64.exe
6/8/2017 4:09:35 PM | SETI@home | Started download of libfftw3f-3-3-4_x64.dll
6/8/2017 4:09:35 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.05_AUTHORS.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:36 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of libfftw3f-3-3-4_x64.dll
6/8/2017 4:09:36 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.05_AUTHORS.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:36 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.05_COPYING.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:36 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.05_COPYRIGHT.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:37 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.05_COPYING.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:37 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.05_COPYRIGHT.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:37 PM | SETI@home | Started download of setiathome-8.05_README.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:37 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.26
6/8/2017 4:09:39 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of setiathome-8.05_README.txt
6/8/2017 4:09:39 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.26
6/8/2017 4:09:39 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.109
6/8/2017 4:09:39 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.178
6/8/2017 4:09:39 PM | SETI@home | Starting task 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.26_0
6/8/2017 4:09:40 PM | SETI@home | Computation for task 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.26_0 finished
6/8/2017 4:09:40 PM | SETI@home | Output file 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.26_0_r1658722238_0 for task 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.26_0 absent
6/8/2017 4:09:41 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.109
6/8/2017 4:09:41 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.178
6/8/2017 4:09:41 PM | SETI@home | Started download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.147.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:41 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.193
6/8/2017 4:09:41 PM | SETI@home | Starting task 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.178_0
6/8/2017 4:09:42 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.147.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:42 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.193
6/8/2017 4:09:42 PM | SETI@home | Started download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.92.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:42 PM | SETI@home | Started download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.136.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:43 PM | SETI@home | Computation for task 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.178_0 finished
6/8/2017 4:09:43 PM | SETI@home | Output file 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.178_0_r722816608_0 for task 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.178_0 absent
6/8/2017 4:09:43 PM | SETI@home | Starting task 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.193_0
6/8/2017 4:09:44 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.92.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:44 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.136.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:44 PM | SETI@home | Started download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.69.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:44 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.32471.1704.11.38.216
6/8/2017 4:09:44 PM | SETI@home | Computation for task 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.193_0 finished
6/8/2017 4:09:44 PM | SETI@home | Output file 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.193_0_r1000899711_0 for task 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.193_0 absent
6/8/2017 4:09:44 PM | SETI@home | Starting task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.92.vlar_0
6/8/2017 4:09:45 PM | SETI@home | Computation for task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.92.vlar_0 finished
6/8/2017 4:09:45 PM | SETI@home | Output file blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.92.vlar_0_r342912843_0 for task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.92.vlar_0 absent
6/8/2017 4:09:45 PM | SETI@home | Starting task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.136.vlar_0
6/8/2017 4:09:46 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.69.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:46 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of 02ap08ab.32471.1704.11.38.216
6/8/2017 4:09:46 PM | SETI@home | Started download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.172.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:46 PM | SETI@home | Started download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.139.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:46 PM | SETI@home | Computation for task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.136.vlar_0 finished
6/8/2017 4:09:46 PM | SETI@home | Output file blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.136.vlar_0_r395135262_0 for task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.136.vlar_0 absent
6/8/2017 4:09:46 PM | SETI@home | Starting task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.69.vlar_0
6/8/2017 4:09:47 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.172.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:47 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.139.vlar
6/8/2017 4:09:47 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.67
6/8/2017 4:09:47 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.32471.1704.11.38.207
6/8/2017 4:09:47 PM | SETI@home | Computation for task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.69.vlar_0 finished
6/8/2017 4:09:47 PM | SETI@home | Output file blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.69.vlar_0_r1828411194_0 for task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.69.vlar_0 absent
6/8/2017 4:09:47 PM | SETI@home | Starting task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.147.vlar_0
6/8/2017 4:09:49 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of 02ap08ab.11031.12747.9.36.67
6/8/2017 4:09:49 PM | SETI@home | Finished download of 02ap08ab.32471.1704.11.38.207
6/8/2017 4:09:49 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.32471.1704.11.38.187
6/8/2017 4:09:49 PM | SETI@home | Started download of 02ap08ab.20178.11111.10.37.239
6/8/2017 4:09:49 PM | SETI@home | Computation for task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.147.vlar_0 finished
6/8/2017 4:09:49 PM | SETI@home | Output file blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.147.vlar_0_r2098446994_0 for task blc04_2bit_guppi_57835_05245_HIP38647_0023.24184.0.23.46.147.vlar_0 absent
 
Is your AV software blocking anything? Did you exclude the BOINC data directory. The absent file is because the application didn't have any output and therefore can't find anything to send back. I'm wondering if there is a rights issue or security blocking it. Not sure. The work units themselves just don't give us much details. Only other suggestion at the moment is reinstall the client but it is odd everything else works. Did you try just running CPU work units as suggested?
 
FWIW I had 12 CPU WUs fail, all on one box, yet it's churning out plenty of valid WUs.
 
I'll have to check the av but it hasn't been an issue all this time. I had disabled it at one point during troubleshooting but all the other projects still work it seems. And the other computer I have doing the same thing i Uninstalled the av client and it didn't help.
Doh!
 
Sorry to see you're experiencing problems applejacks. I'm not sure if it's the same cause but I had similar symptoms tonight i.e. failures with 'absent' error message after playing around with the optimised apps. A reset didn't fix it but a clean reinstall (programdata boinc folder deleted) of boinc did.

I don't know if it is still relevant but people running Windows should install the optimized apps. https://hardforum.com/threads/seti-seti-beta.1828513/ By this time, the optimizations may have already been added to the stock applications. But, cannot hurt to try.

It hurt .......... A lot.
 
its all good :)

Also I have to shuffle a video card around. and in one box I had 2x gtx 1060s but now it has 1 1060 and 1 quadro card but seti is not picking up on the other video card is there something special k I need to do? thanks~!
 
I only have one gpu per box but try entering the following into your cc_config.xml file within the main boinc programdata folder:

<cc_config>
<options>
<use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus>
</options>
</cc_config>

p.s. Glad you're sorted btw:)
 
phoenicis, thanks for pointing out the trouble you had. applejacks, can you confirm the optimized apps linked was your issue too?

And did you guys select the appropriate apps when prompted in the installer? Just asking because it may matter. I've not done much with SETI since last SETI Wow event
 
I used v0.44 for Windows which had an option for opencl for Astropulse but not for Multibeam. I'm not sure if opencl MB is a recent Seti app.
 
Mine was actually being blocked out by host intrusion protection. Just on one box. Guess it did not like the dlls that seti had. So I'll just pass on seti on that box. Thanks for the tips and all. Phoenicis thanks for the config for both cards too
 
There are 1,078 people with the "Top 1%" RAC badge at Seti. I mean, for ****s sake, I'm number ~480. Think they need to redefine that badge. :p
 
Thought I'll check in and see if anybody knows what's up with nVidia GPUs getting computation errors. I'm running SETI and the GPU tasks are throwing errors so far except for the very first GPU task it's performed.

I'll check in and see if anybody has a pointer.

Thanks.
 
Jon855, are you running the stock applications or the optimized apps from the link in post 1? Also, what OS? Did Microsoft update your drivers?
 
Jon855, are you running the stock applications or the optimized apps from the link in post 1? Also, what OS? Did Microsoft update your drivers?
As far as I know - I'm running the stock BOINC app. I installed nVidia driver, it's currently on version 382.33 and the OS is Windows 10 Home, 64bit.

I'm not seeing any optimized apps or such from the OP of this thread. Perhaps, I'm blind as a bat (I am without my correctives) and would you mind pointing me to the right direction?

I would had anticipated that the BOINC app itself is pretty optimized?! I have it set to run the GPU 100% and not based on BOINC's default settings out of the box.
 
I asked about the optimized apps because a few mentioned above having problems with them. You are right, it wasn't in the OP of this thread. I was thinking of the SETI thread that we have. Have you tried to do a project reset yet? Restarted the system? Typical stuff..
 
Just wanted to update - things are swimmingly good now. For clarification - I have done nothing to my rig other than kick off a bad driver/app for my audio and that necessitated a reboot. So it was either a reboot that did it or the removal of the problematic audio driver that did it.
 
I'm gonna lean towards the restart as I've never seen an audio driver conflict with DC. Glad you reported.
 
Climateprediction has some limited work for anyone with the patience to watch paint dry for a week or two.

We're currently 19th so I've grabbed a bunch of work units to see if we can gain a position in the points.
 
Back
Top