• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I also try to provide the link to our Team for each project in the all inclusive DC List https://hardforum.com/threads/all-inclusive-dc-project-list-v-2.1895029/ as well in each of the challenges now to help make things easier for folks. If only King_N[H] would finally cooperate and quit squatting on that team name, we could unify all of the BOINC projects once and for all.
 
Just a heads up workshop35 to let you know you're crunching for team [H]ard|OCP rather than HardOCP. It's understandable as the former is the correct team name for almost everything apart from WCG.
Noooooooooooo just fixed it. There goes 800k points that went to the wrong team....
 
Last edited:
Ramirez_nz seems to be crunching for the wrong team as well.

Seems King_N[H] still crunches under that teamname, too. Why is he squatting on the name exactly? Seems selfish.
 
KingN was before my time with H. From the replies I've gotten over the years, he was really active at one time. Got ahead of himself. Stepped on some toes. Left some harsh feelings. And has squatted on "that team" ever since pretty much solo. There was a small period where he wasn't running work and I tried to get WCG to swap the team name for me. The reached out to him and he put a host back on it to retain "active status". No details on why he bothers to continue doing it.
 
He was the former admin of Hardfolding.com. If you do a search for King_N, you can see various posts. Kinda mixed reviews come up. He still has an account here, but hasn't been around for a few years. Maybe he will get a notification when PM'd.
 
Great, another project with no tasks. FFS already.
 
Yeah...well..a great way to wrap up the end of the year....lol.
 
Yeah well we gotta do something because if we don't BOINC@Denmark is going to take this one.
 
There's currently some work. We should be OK.

Edit: Gone again but managed to get my 2 per gpu.
 
I'm seeing 1 task available and 2,477 tasks in progress.

fe6c.png
 
GPUGrid is hit or miss sometimes. I run it constantly, but it does tend to run out of work from time to time.
 
Do you have any WU's from them currently? Pause network communication until the Sprint starts if you do.
 
This is going to be painful. The recent pututu/Skillz scripts may well come in handy ;)
 
From what I have been reading the project only allows 2 WU's per thread (GPU) and each task can take half a day on a 1080.
 
Yes, max 2 per gpu.

I haven't run GPUGrid for quite a while but, assuming the tasks don't continue running at 100%, boinctasks is estimating:

1080 Windows - @5.5 hours
1080Ti Windows - @4.5 hours
1080Ti Linux - @3.75 hours
 
Wait, you have tasks?


edit
Oh snap! My Linux box has 4 tasks (2 GPUs)

Expecting a 6.5H turn around on my 980Ti
 
Yes, when they briefly had work earlier. I edited the post when it disappeared again.
 
At least one of my favorites ... no primes ... just proteins ... ahhhhh ... happy to switch my GPUs back to them fully (I planned that, or F@H, anyway after PG was secured)
 
How many points per day does a 1080 do in GPU Grid? Running 2 up?

Should I select short tasks or long tasks, or keep both selected?

Does it normally take forever to download the tasks? It just keeps saying downloading.
 
Last edited:
How many points per day does a 1080 do in GPU Grid? Running 2 up?.

Looking at the stats on the website I'd guess that you're looking at about 1M ppd for a 1080. This probably includes the 50% credit bonus for returning the wu within 24 hours.

As I'm seeing a 76% load on my Ti gpus, there will no doubt be an advantage to running 2 tasks in parallel but you may not want to do that while there's a work shortage. You're only allocated 2 tasks per gpu at any time so I'm going to use the time period of the second task to give the client time to download more work.

Should I select short tasks or long tasks, or keep both selected?

Not sure. The short work units apparently provide a lower ppd but may be better than nothing if they are all that is available. I've got the long units selected with "If no work for selected applications is available, accept work from other applications?" also ticked.

Does it normally take forever to download the tasks? It just keeps saying downloading.

I read on the EVGA forum that this sometimes happens. They suggest turning off network communication and then restarting it again.
 
here are my current WU on 1080 under linux; nothing special configured
Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 20.20.44.png


Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 20.20.57.png


and get me again on the top list

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 20.22.27.png

Now I just finish my dual GPU system with whatever is running on it (Milkyway with few units); then full steam GPUGrid
 
Is there any benefit to running old gpu's on these projects? I have a couple 5770's and 7850's laying around.
 
I think that 7850 has double precision which Milkyway can benefit from.
 
That 5770 is pretty old so you'd just have to try each GPU project out until one works. I'd imagine Collatz Conjecture would work, but I'm not 100% sure on that. PrimeGrid is Nvidia only I think. GPUGrid hardly ever has work and that card might not make the deadline. Moo! Wrapper and Einstein@Home should utilize that card as well, but I'm not 100% sure. We need help in both those projects right now, too.
 
The 5770 will work at pretty much any of the OpenCL projects excluding double precision. It would also work on the last remaining CAL (as well as OpenCL) project which is Moo!. The real question is whether it is worth the power consumption to you or not. It will still outperform most CPU production at those projects, but people tend to look at GPU projects a bit different than I do. My theory is that if it was once worth running CPU's on, it should still be worth running CPU's on along with the GPU's. Unless you are replacing the CPU's with more GPU's, it is still more production.

I have 4550's, 5450's, and some even lesser AMD integrated graphics that only support CAL still chugging along...
 
Last edited:
Seems GPUGrid run dry soon ... hope they get some task back, given it's weekend coming not of big hope
 
Primegrids genfer 20, 21 use DP too , they are long running tasks though, fairly good points.
AMD r9-280x and so on,, Titan 6gb, Black and I believe Z have DP, it has to be turned on in Nvidia settings, not on by default
The new Titans do not have it.
The 980Ti and 1080/ 1080Ti do well with the Genfers as well. I do not have a 1070.
 
Not sure how much effort League 2 is putting into this project, but we'd be in first place in that league, too.

gpugrid2.jpg


1st.jpg
 
Well the next update has EVGA ~700k points behind us while the above update has them ~950k points behind us. So based on that short Window and the fact that they started out like 3rd or 4th in their league tells me they're gaining on us.
 
I haven't gotten any tasks except the first 2 I foolishly cancelled since they weren't downloading.
 
Sorry guys, tried to help. Got a few WUs then the well went dry. Back to PrimeGrid. It's cold here, need the heat. Texted Skillz some pictures of the 8 inches of snow I got the other day. Life at 9,000 feet elevation in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Can't wait to get back to the winter home in TX next month.
 
Back
Top