• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Ok, I'll give it a try. Just finishing up a couple GPUgrid WUs then I'm good to go, my 1080 and 1080Ti will be on Primegrid. Does that script need to be modified to work with 2 GPUs in the same computer?
 
PrimeGrid: Notice from BOINC
Your app_config.xml file refers to an unknown application 'pps_sr2sieve'. Known applications: 'genefer'

Should I be concerned about that message?
 
theshadow27 Interested in helping the team with the PrimeGrid sprint? We could use your GPUs for 3 days to help us along.
 
Then I wouldn't worry about it. I just looked and I get the same message as well.
 
jimjam you still around? I see you started crunching for GPUGrid a couple days ago and you've been hammering on WCG for the last month (at the least). Drop in and say hey.
 
How is everyone's PrimeGrid tasks doing? Mine are good. Back up to 1.8million pending points.

Thankfully it is 35F out and my window is open, and my office cool -- with no need to run the AC. I thought my last electric bill represented a full month of 100% crunching, but I was wrong. The one I just got in is 50% higher. Shucks.
 
Yeah the GPU crew has this handled. Haha

Keep CPUs on WCG.
 
I've pulled off PrimeGrid. Pretty sure we've got this in the bag easily.
 
I wonder who Sand_Dune is. pututu noticed this person joined up recently and helped us with NFS and Moo!. They also just signed up for WCG and PrimeGrid to help us in that area as well so this person is most likely reading our forums. Sign up, sign in and say hey.
 
Gilthanis What project(s) benefit most from AMD GPUs? Specifically the RX580.

I think Milkyway@Home is the only project to really benefit from AMD cards over Nvidia cards, correct. Maybe Collatz also.

If M@H is, are their any specific sub projects that have better credit than others?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've experimented with mining a few months ago to help pay for the electricity, but it basically leaves my GPUs tied up in earning money instead of going towards GPU projects so I stopped. I think I earned around $600 that month, but that was when ETH prices were at a record high.
 
fastgeek everything okay with your servers? Noticed your last couple WCG updates have been really, really low. Hope nothing bad happened. I remember you posting something about them not getting work when you fired them up. Is that still the issue?
 
Just got the message. A bit late now. Been working around the house far too much to follow threads. Trying to get ready for winter.
 
Skillz , Any cards with high double precision would do best for us at Milkyway@home and then PrimeGrid's GFN work needs it as well. I believe Moo! still scores better with AMD in general. However, I haven't seen a lot of chatter on that project lately. Collatz will do quite well..but then again all cards capable of running their application do quite well there.
 
fastgeek everything okay with your servers? Noticed your last couple WCG updates have been really, really low. Hope nothing bad happened. I remember you posting something about them not getting work when you fired them up. Is that still the issue?

Damn it, wish I'd seen this note earlier. My proxy went down, so nothing got turned in for however long. And since WCG was being a PITFA and not giving me enough WUs to saturate my cores, let alone build up a huge backlog, they've been idle for who knows how long, too. Currently uploading now... so will be a bit of a "bunker dump" I suppose. :p
 
Looks better now :)


BD373817-A675-4067-9397-B727E9F0A3DE.jpeg


Hmm, 6 digit PPD in WCG ... my dream ...
 
phoenicis you and I think a lot alike. I believe you check the FBDash board often to see any red that might be about to pass us and jump on that project until the red goes away. I noticed you did it with Universe@home last week and now it seems you're on Citizen Science Grid with me right now as well. lol

Great minds think alike, eh?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A little over a week ago I found a Kindle HDX the kids no longer used so I put BOINC on it and it pulls 3.5k PPD in WCG. I would have to think it is pretty energy efficient. Maybe build a Kindle farm? Haha!
 
Kindle Fire HDX 7" - 16 GB WiFi Only. It may be generation 3? It has 2.2 GHz Quad Snapdragon 800. It is warm enough you can tell it is crunching but not to the point where you would consider it hot or be concerned.
 
Kindle Fire HDX 7" - 16 GB WiFi Only. It may be generation 3? It has 2.2 GHz Quad Snapdragon 800. It is warm enough you can tell it is crunching but not to the point where you would consider it hot or be concerned.

Is that 3.5k PPD for WCG points or BOINC points?
 
ChelseaOilman, I certainly hope they get that initiative going strong. There are so many cheap cell phones out there that would be capable of doing so much more if we could pull all the stock trash off of them.
 
phoenicis you and I think a lot alike. I believe you check the FBDash board often to see any red that might be about to pass us and jump on that project until the red goes away. I noticed you did it with Universe@home last week and now it seems you're on Citizen Science Grid with me right now as well. lol

Great minds think alike, eh?

I couldn't agree more buddy :D

I've been playing whack a mole using the dashboard for the last 2-3 weeks.
 
Nah, the WAMBoard sounds a bit too 80s, lol.

ps to all. Sorry I'm not as active and slow to respond on the boards recently. I'm working away in London and am extremely time poor during the week.
 
Back
Top