Being selective. For GPU tasks, I suspended all GPU tasks except those that require me to be the final wingman for validation. A bit manual but I've nothing to do this weekend.;)

Still GPU is not the way to go for A@H.

Here is what I meant. It sounds crazy but I'm having 100% validation :)except those earlier tasks that I bunkered.

upload_2017-7-15_11-27-27.png

How do you know you're the last wingman for validation?

Go to your A@H account, view the computer with GPU and then click on the tasks. Look for application task name ending with "cuda55". That's your GPU work. Click on the "work units for details". You have to do this manually but as I've said, I've nothing else to do this weekend. lol.

Hint: I downloaded GPU tasks first, so all the GPU tasks are in sequence and it helps a lot. Take task name ending with "9712_16" for example.
upload_2017-7-15_11-45-19.png

In your BOINC Manager under "Task" tab, look for task name ps_170707_input_9712_16_1. Ignore the last digit as this the represents that you are the second person (wingman)
upload_2017-7-15_11-47-40.png

Damn, only gained ~3k points on them that time.

I got MN Scout running 100% on his rig now. My 20 thread rig is also crunching at 100% now.

It's going to be close.

I stopped getting CPU work. To fix this I had to disable GPU in the online project preferences http://asteroidsathome.net/boinc/prefs.php?subset=project Then adjust my computing preferences to store a few more days work. Then select the project, and click Update. Then it downloaded a full load or cpu work units. Then went back and enabled the GPU, then clicked Update again on the project. Now I'm at 100% utilization.

This issue may have been my fault to begin with. My use CPU setting was unchecked, but once I checked it, it didn't appear to want to correct itself, since my project job cache was full. ... I don't remember unchecking it, since I just installed the project, but who knows...

Thank you Skillz for the help.

Edit: Hopefully my 620w PSU from 2010 doesn't fry. Certainly the most work I've put on it.

Less than 100k points behind now.

We are either gonna barely lose or win by a country mile it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly seems to be the issue? Can't create an account? Can't get work?

BAM site didn't seem to reflect me being attached. Both my laptop and desktop each got 1 wu though. Set TN-Grid to not get any more wus. We'll see what happens.

You could always just create an account on all projects and set the team now. But if you do that, I would recommend running at least a work unit on each project so that they don't disable the account later. The HardOCPtest account had that happen causing issues with BAM!.

Sounds like your work cache is filled now. Suspend those TN tasks and see if it grabs any.

It will keep downloading tasks unless your work cache is set low.

I have 3 that won't connect either. Some reason all cpu went on Einstein don't know why I have it set for no cpu on bam and on the Einstein site. Half were on citizen and dunno bam seems wonky right now hehe. Uhhhh :)

You gotta suspend all other projects. I don't rely solely on BAM! to do things. I use BOINCTasks and just highlight all the projects and suspend them directly on the BOINCTasks client. Have you tried connecting to each computer directly using the BOINC Client and suspending all the other projects attached to the rig?

My 20 thread Intel core ignored BAM! and I had to do it manually earlier today.

Well these 3 boxes are at my work. I did suspend the other projects even disconnected them from other projects. Doh

How often do you tell those boxes to communicate with BAM!? By default I think it only syncs with BAM! once a day.

Wo0t Wo0t. We are 58k behind. I'm liking it..

Next update we're gonna be first. Heard it here first.

My job is done. Gonna turn my rigs back off when I get home. Thanks for everyone who rallied up for us and thanks to those who gave us a good start.

Looks like I'll likely have a further 30 tasks validated by the end of the sprint. 20 got validated in the last 12 hours. I have 80 waiting to be validated, so maybe more than 30....:nailbiting:

We are smoking the competition now!

And my head is killing me! Had way to much to drink last night.

Looks like I'll likely have a further 30 tasks validated by the end of the sprint. 20 got validated in the last 12 hours. I have 80 waiting to be validated, so maybe more than 30....:nailbiting:

11 hours later after my previous post, and 52 were validated (bit more than half). Now I have 98 pending validation. About 6 more hours left of the competition.

Kind of good to see the validation rate for new members. I think people really should start crunching right at the announcement of the sprint on these projects that have a validation component.

Well yeah, thats the best way. Earlier you get started on the project the higher your validation ratio will be. Much higher chance that your wingman will return his half in time.

Thats why I normally start a day before and bunker the tasks until the sprint starts.

Sorry, this is the first I've been on the forum in a while. I've been far too busy to do much of anything, and I'm likely going to be selling off some hardware in preparation for my next 2P build.

Back