I just powered up one more rig. Just like to end this sprint with double gold for the team, then move on to something (TBD)

Getting gold right now on the marathon isn't a guarantee though. We got a ways to go still.

For those wanting to help [H] or new to NFS@home, the most optimized application in regards to PPD is "lasieve5f" work units. Select this in your project preferences.This will show up as "16e Lattice Sieve V5 v1.11..." in your task application name. You get constant credit of 130 pts per WU. Typical run time on my 2695v2 is less than 1.5 hrs. However it consumes up to 1GB per WU.

upload_2017-7-26_21-40-6.png

So this is a CPU project only then? If so that works out well, since I'm sending my GPU out for stepup today.

That is correct. It is CPU only currently. I saw that posted last night while at work. They have me going home long enough to eat supper and put the kids to bed. Then back to work for like 3-4 more hours each day this week. That and the daughter's birthday. This guy has been busy...lol

NFS is way less stress and power consumption than mersenne's prime95. This is more gentle to the machine and less heat/noise, which is great as I had to move the rig to my living room.

I still had no time to get some Xeons to NFS....patience...

Looks like we are #2 now, behind Gridcoin.

Gridcoin isn't in our league so they don't count, but since the announcement of the sprint SETI.HOME is in 2nd overall daily points today.

The Sprint officially started 24 minutes ago. Numbers should update on the next hour and we'll see where we stand in our league.

We are still 3rd in the marathon.

BitMaster Prime95 .. aka GIMPS is more optimized for AVX extensions and such similar to how PrimeGrid is. So, it will push the CPU's harder. That is what makes it so great for stress testing and burn ins. You can essentially do the same thing using BOINC with PrimeGrid, it would just be more limited on how quick and/or mobile the client is for such testing. However, you will find BOINC to have so much more control over your hardware and a lot more options to crunch. SOB used to use Prime95 as well but after their server crash, they didn't bring it back. So, now PrimeGrid is the only way to support that math project.

Marathon stat for double gold in NFS.
diff (1st place) = -739,174

1 3,308,920
2 3,004,266
[H]ard|OCP 2,569,746

I just dropped mine, ~100K pts.

Looks like we are in a very comfortable position for double gold. We still have a very loooong way to go in seti.

NFS marathon stat.
diff (1st place) = -275,702

1 ................... 3,308,920
2 [H]ard|OCP 3,033,218

OK, kickin' in another gear, added a Xeon ( 4 of 8 cores ( incl. HT ) and granted 30% RAM of 12GB ) from a Backup-SRV for NFS@Home for 16e Lattice Sieve V5.

I will check if it affects Acronis 12 Suite and may have to change settings sunday night if backups suffer...eeehhhh !

couldnt resist...added a 2-Socket Xeon Hyper-V Host that has more cores than the Hyper-V's can use....will see how many cores and RAM I can dedicate to NFS... will report back.

freakin' AnandTech on 2nd...BAAHHH here we COME !

*edit: 15%RAM of 32GB and 25% CPU's of 24 Cores..will see if Exchange and SQL will be hit too hard...

Last edited:
I still have a Xeon under Linux ( Ubuntu SRV LTS 16.04 )...next one to be added, stay tuned.

BitMaster are you using Boinc Account Manager (BAM!) to manage all your rigs? It appears you have a good number to work with and BAM! will allow you to easily control all of them from a web portal.

Skillz, thanks for the tip. Gilthanis told me to use BAM! and I did it from day-1 on. I agree, that makes it easier tho I do use different local CPU & RAM settings as all but my 7700k are production servers running all sorts of stuff..eehhhhh.

I am getting into it..slowly...may webpages and lots of settings + wife and a horde of kids ( summer vacation ) limit my time somehow to dig into this from midnight to 5am like in my glory days. Nowadays I have to squeeze my fun into some few limited hours that are left.

Sounds good then man. Glad to have you on the team! (y)

All my boxen are on the same LAN so in addition to using BAM! to control them all I also use BOINCTasks to tweak them.

Seems like we blew the top off :) LoL

Will we be transferred to League 2 now that we are miles above #2 in L-3 ?

This is all pretty new to me.....and what are those Credits for ? Can we use them for something ? Questions over questions..sorry to bother you !

Just don't get in trouble using work resources. We would rather have less points and an employed user than an unemployed spectator that can't afford to run his boxen. :whistle:

Just don't get in trouble using work resources. We would rather have less points and an employed user than an unemployed spectator that can't afford to run his boxen. :whistle:

Well put.

Now I have a question. What is double gold?

he was referring to taking gold in the Sprint (3 day) as well as taking gold in the Marathon (all year)

Breaking News!!!

We are now #1 in NFS marathon.

Didn't see this happening so quick.

Good job [H]ordes!

We have also gained 37 points in the DC-Vault rankings from this sprint so far.

Seems like we blew the top off :) LoL

Will we be transferred to League 2 now that we are miles above #2 in L-3 ?

This is all pretty new to me.....and what are those Credits for ? Can we use them for something ? Questions over questions..sorry to bother you !

At the end of this year the top three teams in league 2 and 3 will move up one league. The last 3 teams in 1 and 2 will move down one league. This wont happen until next years event though.

On the Formula Boinc sprint pages, does the 3 images above the table work for anyone?
upload_2017-7-29_12-13-48.png

No. They haven't updated them yet. They take a while.

Go back like 3 or 4 sprints to see them.

So.... since [H] is trouncing everyone so bad, anyone want to spare some points for the Richards Dawkins Foundation team? They need some kindness show to them.

;)

Back