• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Well done for snagging some before the project ran dry. I'm not sure what luck everybody else had but there may be a lot riding on your shoulders :nailbiting:
 
Asteroid ran out of work. Last night, I downloaded over 400 tasks on one rig and I'm wondering what's the max download limit.
 
I wish I knew. I've only managed to get about a dozen tasks in the last few hours.
 
The well will quickly run dry if there appears to be no max download limit. Since each WU requires wingman, I'm sure most people won't be able to return the work in time during the event and likely that we may have lots of work units pending validation.
 
Since each WU gets you 480 credit points irrespective of CPU or GPU tasks, I don't see any real advantage running GPU (mine is 1080 with 55% power limit setting).
GPU (cuda55) takes about 18+ mins per task while CPU (sse3) takes about 2 hours (with half the threads running). Checking on avx works now.

upload_2017-7-13_7-33-35.png
 
Sprint has started. We are at no. 5th.

Have not released my small bunker WUs yet... Not sure how many will be validated.
 
Agree totally with the CPU vs GPU point. The delta between the two is much bigger on other projects.

Saying that, I've finally managed to get some work and we've got some catching up to do.
 
Quick, there are WUs now. Download them while it lasts!
 
Well done [H]ordes(y). We took the number one spot in Citizen Science Grid (marathon) today. We have good turnout for this project.

We are now at number 3 in Asteroid sprint. We have a good chance to take the silver.
 
Dang, can't put it to for the next two days? I just loaded all mine up a few hours ago. 20k points already w/ 43 valid and 165 waiting for validation. Thinking the wingman is gonna hurt us this sprint pretty badly.
 
Looks like most people have gone fishing this weekend, lol. We're steadily gaining, now 216k behind.

I really don't like being in 2nd place but it's nice to have a bit of drama for a change with us playing catch-up following the python error and then a lack of work.

Will we reach critical mass with our pending validations in time (I've got 917 tasks pending now) or be defeated by the Norsemen? The latter is unthinkable, so the former I hope ......watch this space.
 
191k behind now. Slowly gaining on them right now.

We need morah D!
 
Sorry guys. I have only been on the interwebs a tiny bit this week as I've been extremely busy. I will toss a couple things for last minute, but don't expect a lot.
 
185k behind. We need at least 6k gain per hour from now on to match them. It will be close...:nailbiting:
 
Just noticed my 10 core, 20 thread intel rig wasn't assigned to the project. Just grabbed a bunch of tasks on it now.
 
I woke up and saw that 38 tasks were sitting unreported for Asteroids. Just got them reported. It is taking my 1080, 22 minutes per task, and I have 9 other tasks running on my CPUS which are each taking 3 hours a piece.
 
Dang, can't put it to for the next two days? I just loaded all mine up a few hours ago. 20k points already w/ 43 valid and 165 waiting for validation. Thinking the wingman is gonna hurt us this sprint pretty badly.

I already started the shutdown process yesterday as Im out very early in the AM.
 
I already started the shutdown process yesterday as Im out very early in the AM.

If we barely lose I am blaming you. :p

In other news, we're 147k points behind. My 20 thread Intel rig hasn't even completed any tasks yet.
 
pututu are you still bunkering your small load or did you let it go already?
Already let go. Currently with over 300+ pending validation..:(

We need to maintain +4.3K/hr for top spot. Go [H]ordes! Less than 29 hours to go. Shouldn't hurt the electricity bill that much for a day, lol.
 
Oh, I'm still running one 1080 for lousy PPD/W.
 
I've got a couple GPUs running also. Not seeing the point though.
 
Back
Top