Farm Pics ... Post yours

personally, I prefer thumbnails. Not every detail in 100% of these pictures is current, but most of it is.

SR2 alongside my WHS, which has an L5640 in a gigabyte UD5 and about 10tb of hard drives. I have every cable from the SR2 running through the wall and into my office. Keeps (most of) the heat & noise out of there :)

HTPC 1:

My current favorite budget cooler: Hyper 212+

This is what happens when you overclock a thuban to about 3.8ghz on a free motherboard, lol

Oh, and here's another P5K that died in the line of duty:

This is one of my "helpers",

who got ahold of a screwdriver, and wreaked havoc on my mini ninja. sigh

*removed*

Last edited:
ya probably a bunch of SR-2s?

I am going to go to a rackmount setup similar to catboxer's on the first page... retiring some hardware, adding some hardware :)

Nice FLECOM. I've been curious to know what you had running these days and I've looked for this thread before but couldn't find it.

My farm is all spread out over my house. I'll have to get on some pics.

I am going to go to a rackmount setup similar to catboxer's on the first page... retiring some hardware, adding some hardware :)

I have a Server Cabinet in my office and everything was going into it. The SR-2 has changed that as it doesn't currently fit :(

I guess I could add shelves in there and add it, but too lazy to get rackmount shelves.

I have a Server Cabinet in my office and everything was going into it. The SR-2 has changed that as it doesn't currently fit :(

I guess I could add shelves in there and add it, but too lazy to get rackmount shelves.

well I just ordered 8 rackmount shelves... going to move over the 3x GPU clients first and building 3x more GPU clients... then moving over the i7 920 CPU client... then building a hex setup with the last extra special xeon I have

I am using a 2-post rack due to space constraints and I want to be able to move as much heat away as possible

figure 2 120mm fans on each shelf blowing across, so 16 fans? plus I figure I can lay one across the top of the GPU's to force air into the heatsinks (or suck heat out in the case of the 9800GX2's)

I forgot about this thread! Funny thing, if you look 1 page back at all those Biostar video cards...every single one of them died within a year. 100% failure on the fans and they melted into the heatsinks. I tried to send them back to Newegg (since Biostar apparently has no support contacts) Newegg replaced maybe 1/2 of them and suggested I had physically tampered with the others because they were burnt. Wow... Lesson learned, no Biostar products ever!

I forgot about this thread! Funny thing, if you look 1 page back at all those Biostar video cards...every single one of them died within a year. 100% failure on the fans and they melted into the heatsinks. I tried to send them back to Newegg (since Biostar apparently has no support contacts) Newegg replaced maybe 1/2 of them and suggested I had physically tampered with the others because they were burnt. Wow... Lesson learned, no Biostar products ever!

lol biostars has changed a lot in the last couple years. they are finally putting out some good products. if i had the option id buy another biostar motherboard right now.

got some new pics for my "farm"...

My main producer (measly 20k on average a day....what do you expect from a GTX 260, 9800GTX and Q9450)?:...yes looks similar to last pictures i posted, but i actually have moved it again, and tried making wires a bit neater :)

dsc0037m.jpg

dsc0038kj.jpg

dsc0039.jpg

And my 1090T box....realized i didnt have any pics of it with the H50, and with the XFX 6870...

dsc0040a.jpg

*removed*

Last edited:
Great thread guys - love that table flecom!

Here is my rationalised farm - 3 month process is nearly complete - going from six Q6600 boxen down to just 3 SR2s :D

Lets just say it is optimised more for PPD than looks!

large.jpg

heh, that came out wrong - I meant my farm is now just 3 boxes... which happen to be bup bada baaaaaaa: Super frabulistik Record 2's.

Does my head in that just 3 boxes can do so much. And yes, Munkle, you are not the first cheeky bugger to point out I should be replacing them 1 for 1! Only on [H] could 3 SR2's be called not hard ;)

you sir are hardcore........i lik ehow each time you have stepped up your processor choice each time.....whats next? Putting H70's on each for higher OC?

wow! 15k?Q holy f00k dude!

you sir are hardcore........i lik ehow each time you have stepped up your processor choice each time.....whats next? Putting H70's on each for higher OC?

H50 > H70 ;)

is the H50 better performing? I have an H50 and it works great, i thought the H70 was quite a bit better though :D

is the H50 better performing? I have an H50 and it works great, i thought the H70 was quite a bit better though :D

go over to the overclocking and cooling forum, its appears the H50 outperforms the H70

With identical high speed fans the h50>h70 though the stock fans give the h70 a slight advantage.

Interesting on the H70 - I saw one review where it was beaten by my aircooled Noctua NH-D14s... I am tossing up going water - especially as I seem to have ramped up moar D just going into the warmer months. :(

As for the money - unlike nearly everyone here, these are paid for by my business, so I am getting a return on investment. Which is also why you don't see me (DigitalFX) in the top 10 often. They are working. :)

I got the x5680s from ebolamonkey3 for the same as what I was about to pay for x5650s, so it was a no brainer. No way I would buy them at a store. The side benefit is that it makes me look like just exactly like the Ghz greedy obsessive compulsive I am. :cool:

*removed*

Last edited:
emot-worship.gif

Damn that is the cleanest looking rack of equipment I've ever seen.
I wish I could make the switch at my job look that clean looking. :D

I hope ill have some time to start with the rack system here in a few days.

I got the shelves in yesterday for the SR-2s.

Got to mount the WHS too.

Back