Farm Pics ... Post yours

Yeah, we got a few new GPUs here at work....just a few. :D

img1188am7.jpg

What's sad is how long it takes to scroll down that stack of cards in my browser.....

I have a couple problems standing in the way of running them all. First, I have to figure out a way to get the GPU client to run only when the domain's renderfarm account is logged in. I can think of an easy way, but that's going to require deploying two seperate OS images. I don't want all the older machines throwing up error prompt boxes when they can't run the GPU client correctly. Right now I've got 5 going. 15 to go? And only 1 out of the 20 was DOA, 5% isn't bad I guess.

I was here before under another username: scorpionjwp

I went to a place to the middle of nowhere, I built an Ark of sorts, but no matter where I go, I fold for 1 thing, the cure. It doesn't matter where I fold or what team I fold for, I battle a beast that kills people with cancer, some survive and some suffer, and then some ask for others to bring the fight to the disease, to find a cure.

I might move to Mississippi, along with my family and my new wife. But truly remember, I will still run f@h on my machines.

I present this Horde and others, the new Ark: a newer [H]ark:
body5.jpg

I have 2 EVGA 8600 SSC cards, and a Gigabyte motherboard. It's going in the new mod.
sli1.jpg

sli2.jpg

My Garden as of 10-21-08:
garden2.jpg

Up top, with Bios issues, AMD socket 939 3200+
In the middle, the reliable proliant 1600 with dual Pentium 3, 500mhz
down on the bottom a Sempron 3100+

And the first quad core system:
quad1.jpg

Phenom 9550 processor

What's sad is how long it takes to scroll down that stack of cards in my browser.....

Tell me about it. I was starting to count them, but gave up, it ain't happening at this resolution. How am I going to ever have that many cards set up if its this much work just looking at them all? :D

2.png

Sorry for the high res, but there's 20 in all. I tried to get 20 8800GS from Amazon, but I cleaned them out after 8. The 12 Biostars I picked up from NewEgg. This is the most retail boxed video cards I've ever seen outside of a retail environment. I really wanted to make an "[H]" out of them.

Sorry for the high res, but there's 20 in all. I tried to get 20 8800GS from Amazon, but I cleaned them out after 8. The 12 Biostars I picked up from NewEgg. This is the most retail boxed video cards I've ever seen outside of a retail environment. I really wanted to make an "[H]" out of them.

Do it!

Then have steve post in ont he front page with his folding diddy!

@ Kendrak: That case looks alot like my P180. I looked and it's going to be difficult to get my HX1000 into the PSU enclosure. I'll have to move that lower fan to the other side of the divider panel due to the length of the Corsair. Unfortunately the fan blocks an installed hard drive in the lower cage. I hate to eliminate the fan but if I need that HD cage I might have to. I just hope I can fit enough GPUs in the antec to use the headroom from the 1k PSU.

@ Kendrak: That case looks alot like my P180. I looked and it's going to be difficult to get my HX1000 into the PSU enclosure. I'll have to move that lower fan to the other side of the divider panel due to the length of the Corsair. Unfortunately the fan blocks an installed hard drive in the lower cage. I hate to eliminate the fan but if I need that HD cage I might have to. I just hope I can fit enough GPUs in the antec to use the headroom from the 1k PSU.

It is a P180.

I had to take out the mid rack to fit the 260's in. It wont go in with the cards. I'm just glad it was removable.

I don't have a farm but here is a few pics of my garden. Signature says what they are.
DSC02028.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

Well, I'm delighted with my SR-2 purchase, even though I'm not sure what direction I'm going in with case and accessories. Regardless, I thought we should have our own little Folding Pr0n thread. I'm sure that there will be a lot of nekkid photos, especially since Kendrak and Tobit are on here so much, but I'll start the show with a few of the SR-2 that I took earlier today in my humble little command center downstairs. :D

SR2-1.jpg

SR2-2.jpg

SR2-3.jpg

SR2-4.jpg

Last edited:
i'm game

sorry for only thumbs, i'm not sure exactly how the hell to tell image shack to do smaller ones when i post here but i digress:

and the other one, only difference is the 9800GTX is in the above rig, and an H50 has been added

i'm game

sorry for only thumbs, i'm not sure exactly how the hell to tell image shack to do smaller ones when i post here but i digress:

and the other one, only difference is the 9800GTX is in the above rig, and an H50 has been added

Just take off the .th in the URL

that defeaths the point, they are too big i fgirued ;) but atleast i didnt do it

thanks mate

Hey look, this is my HTPC

SNC009251.jpg

Hey look this is my FHTPC:

SNC009321.jpg

This is my FHTPC with a GTS 250 low form factor, and Phenom II X6 1055t, crunching a -bigadv under musky's Ubunto vm:

SNC009311.jpg

The cake is NOT a lie:

SNC009231.jpg

but the sticker is a lie

Man you got a good eye for details!

I am still debating if I want to keep the X6 on the HTPC or just put it on a bare and headless mobo with a proper HSF, and put the Athlon X2 back on the HTPC.

;P check my case picture(last one) wiring is all in its place, and nicely laid where it matters(up to the bottom two bays where i could give a dam about airflow, no fans there).....

but yes, i do have an eye for detail(part of the reason i dont have a full running Q9450 yet)

Transferred all my file server stuff from an Antec 300 to a Fractal R3. Got the case in preparation of an i7 upgrade and maybe some GTS450s in a month or 2....
Right now it's a lonely 8800GTX folding away.

img1839t.jpg

my 8800gt and 9800gt during one of their routine cleanings. They usually have 2 120mm fans *seen layin on the bottom of the case* covering them.

IMG_0133.jpg

Dual Opeteron 280's and an EVGA 8800GTS ACS KO card.

IMG_0057.jpg

Last edited:
GPUs past and present:

1005564x.jpg

Main rig (the TwinFrozr card is now in there instead of the EVGA 260):

1005556r.jpg

Some pics of the twins ;)

sr2num1.JPG

sr2num2.JPG

desk9-10.jpg

Ohh and SpeedyVV, the cake is a lie, because that is really a custard cheese pie!

Man I take a couple of days off and I miss all this!!!

Ax, I guess you REALLY don't want to give up your #10 spot do you :D

Tonight I pulled my Mountain Mods case out of the closet and I'm dusting it off and prepping it for the arrival of my dual hexes.

6t0fud.jpg

x5dnk2.jpg

Hey nimbyfaygo - naked pic on top of Girl Scout - not cool clean it up in here. j/k

Fold On

Nice case Tobit. Massive case, in fact. You say this is only the Pinnacle 18? How would you rate the MM case build quality vs. value? I'm still itching to get something from them, it's just hard for me to justify the cost. Also, the fact that I heard from them today telling me that my mirror black SR-2 Tray was no longer in stock, and wouldn't ship until after Oct. 5th.

I asked several other questions about their cases in my response, and haven't heard anything back from them. :rolleyes: My CC has already been charged though, 'cause the CC company called me to verify that I had placed the order...

Nice case Tobit. Massive case, in fact. You say this is only the Pinnacle 18?
It wouldn't look so massive if I had an SR-2 in there.. that is the standard XL-ATX tray that I originally ordered with it when I was first planning to put a 4-way Classified in it back in Jan. Thankfully, when time comes for an SR-2, I just need the bottom portion of the tray.

As far as value is concerned, I have never.. ever.. had one moments thought of buyers remorse. Yup, it is expensive, especially when it lacks some features such as front panel headers and so forth, but I truly got what I wanted in a case. I love how I can flip the panels around and mount the motherboard in a bunch of different configurations and, as a lover of vintage shortwave and amateur radio gear, I love how I could get it in black wrinkle finish. It's simple, clean lines, plenty of space. Regarding quality, the case went together fairly well. However, you will want to make sure you have a good quality allen wrench when assembling it. Also, the side panels can be a little tricky to get on because there are so many screws. That is the only fault I have with the case.

Pictured below is how an SR-2 looks in a Pinnacle-18 (courtesy of Fitseries3 from XS). It's a little cramped. If you ever wanted to go full on water, you'd want the Pinnacle-24.

deahhd.jpg

Man I take a couple of days off and I miss all this!!!

Ax, I guess you REALLY don't want to give up your #10 spot do you :D

LOL Capreppy, just saw this! It's just about all I have left...Hard enough to keep up with these young whippersnappers pulling out all this big PPD around here. Damn kids!!! :D

Back