Farm Pics ... Post yours

*removed*

Last edited:
Once you go rack, you don't go back. :)

nrenXMD

I thought it was time for an update to this thread, so here are a couple more shots of the SR-2 in the U2 Mountain Mods case. You guys pony up some more Folding [H]ardware images!!! :cool:

MMSR2-1.jpg

MMSR2-2.jpg

So Ax, what do you think now that you finally haz a MM case? I know you were on the fence for quite awhile about shelling out so much cash on a case.

So Ax, what do you think now that you finally haz a MM case? I know you were on the fence for quite awhile about shelling out so much cash on a case.

The build quality is nice, it's got plenty of room and certainly customizable, but I still think that it's too expensive for what you get. Trouble is, all the other options for an SR-2 are just as much (if not more) and don't have the flexability that the MM series of cases do. One could argue that it's a custom fabrication and hand made, and that logic applies to a point. I guess for the attention to detail that's put into it that helped me get over the cost, because it certainly is a work of art in that sense. I still wish it would have come with more of the basics (i.e. 5.25 bay inserts especially).

The more it comes together, the more I'm liking it though. :)

The build quality is nice, it's got plenty of room and certainly customizable, but I still think that it's too expensive for what you get. Trouble is, all the other options for an SR-2 are just as much (if not more) and don't have the flexability that the MM series of cases do. One could argue that it's a custom fabrication and hand made, and that logic applies to a point. I guess for the attention to detail that's put into it that helped me get over the cost, because it certainly is a work of art in that sense. I still wish it would have come with more of the basics (i.e. 5.25 bay inserts especially).

The more it comes together, the more I'm liking it though. :)

Gotta say, I love mine. I dropped some serious coin 2 years ago when I bought mine and love it. When I do my upgrades at the end of Q1, I'll be able to re-utilize 80 to 90% of the WC setup and 80% of the case. I'll probably have to replace the MoBo Tray since an SR-2 won't fit on my current MoBo Tray.

:D You know I have the cure for that, right? ;) Did you ever decide on that Duality configuration?

I'm not sure if I will go duality. The problem with Duality (at least as I see it) is the weight of the HSF when they are vertical. Currently my SR-2 is horizontal and I don't have any issues. I do NOT want to WC both halves of a duality so I would have to have one side on AC and the HSF on it now, is not exactly light :D

I know yours is AC, are you seeing any warping on your MoBo due to the weight of HSF?

I think, for now at least, I'll just upgrade my sig rig to an SR-2 and leave it at that. I'll give some thought to your tray and send you a PM after the holiday.

I'm not sure if I will go duality. The problem with Duality (at least as I see it) is the weight of the HSF when they are vertical. Currently my SR-2 is horizontal and I don't have any issues. I do NOT want to WC both halves of a duality so I would have to have one side on AC and the HSF on it now, is not exactly light :D

I know yours is AC, are you seeing any warping on your MoBo due to the weight of HSF?

I think, for now at least, I'll just upgrade my sig rig to an SR-2 and leave it at that. I'll give some thought to your tray and send you a PM after the holiday.

you could always go the H70 route, or mod some support bracket for the air coolers. Even a simple piece of fishing line well secured to the chassis would do the trick.

No, everything seems straight and true with mine. Of course, I'm using the Cogage coolers, and they seemed to be more lightweight compared to my TRUE coolers that I use on a couple other boxen. I've had no problems at all with them being mounted vertically, though.

From bottom to top:
HTPC & fileserver- connected to living room.
i7 920 D0@4hz, X58-PRO-E, 6gb OCZ 1600, 80gb x25-m, FlexRaid 5tb, 8800gt, 550W OCZ fatal1ty, West. 47", 15ft usb/3.5mm/hdmi
pdr1779.jpg

6 hard drives, 1 ssd, 2 dvd drives:
pdr1784.jpg

Left: xbox (living room), modem, router switch, workstation. Hot plug station for sata/dvd drives :D
i7 920 [email protected], Scythe Mugen w/ 4 fans, EX58-UD4P, 6gb g.skill 1600, 96gb Vertex, 750gb, 9800gtx, 700W OCZ Stealth, 2709W Monitor
pdr1747.jpg

Opterons
pdr1761b.jpg

Group pic:
Top shelf: spare parts, old laptop, p6n 4 PCIE board waiting for gpus :p
pdr1781.jpg

Older pics:
older2.jpg

olderb.jpg

Here's one area of my ghetto.

Pictured below is my Linux server (callisto) in the Antec 300 and three diskless clients.

callisto - i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz
ganymede - X4 630 @ 3.4 GHz (stock cooler)
carpo - X3220 @ 2.4 GHz (Xeon equivalent of the Q6600)
leda - 3060 Xeon @ 2.4 GHz (Xeon equivalent of the E6600)

Once I clean up the other side of the ghetto and get the SR-2 online, I will post more pics.

taq1ra.jpg

Nice farms everyone i would totally build one but my wife would ring my neck. She doesnt like my computer junk so i has to hide it.

I finished rearranging my office today, so here's 2/3 of the farm:

From L-R:
  • i7 920, GTX 295 in Antec 300 - just installed a CM Hyper 212+ to replace the Intel 980X HSF I had been using, and it's about 8C cooler and much quieter even at 2000RPM
  • 4-port KVM with 19" monitor
  • Shuttle PC with Q9550, on lower shelf
  • SR-2 #1 in MM U2-UFO case -- I'm probably going to need a new top panel with some fans to replace the window panel because currently the single exhaust fan isn't cutting it
  • WHS box with Phenom II 940 under desk -- I moved my old GPU box hardware minus GPUs to an Antec P183 and added 11 drives for 14TB of storage
  • Dell U3011 monitor -- it makes the SR-2 look small
  • three APC SmartUPS on floor: 1000XL with add-on battery for WHS and network hardware, and two 1500s -- the Logitech Z-5300e sub is sitting on the 1000XL, behind the P183
The second SR-2 and 980X mATX box are in another room, as well as two HTPCs that don't fold. I phased out the old E6600 desktop and single-core Athlon home server that used to be in the office.

obscurity: I spot a saitek eclipse and a logitech x520 set...I feel I must approve since I use an eclipse, and I have an x520 and x540 hooked up together :)

obscurity: I spot a saitek eclipse and a logitech x520 set...I feel I must approve since I use an eclipse, and I have an x520 and x540 hooked up together :)

Correct, and correct. They put out some damn good sound for such small speakers don't they?

Finally moved my Linux server and three diskless boxen into a 19" rack I've had since I was a kid. The rack is circa 1965 and used to house my homebrewed amateur radio station.

jju1vm.jpg

That is serious old school!! Thing is older than I am by a couple of years...LOL

Finally moved my Linux server and three diskless boxen into a 19" rack I've had since I was a kid. The rack is circa 1965 and used to house my homebrewed amateur radio station.

That's on old Dukane rack isn't it Tobit? I had one of those up until a couple years ago when I sold it to a local business to host some of there rack mount servers it. Sturdy and solid as a rock, the one I had actually had a rack mounted record player in it whe I first got it... :eek:

That's on old Dukane rack isn't it Tobit?
I believe so. I also used to have a matching 6' tall rack, green, but I retired it a few months ago. I think I posted pics of it a year or so ago. It was just way too big.. and heavy. These are all [H]ard steel racks baby. I think I need a few more servers in this 4' tall unit though. Still kind of empty. :D

Y'all always bitch about it but I don't want to hear shit about the wallpaper, the terribad patch job around the light switch, or anything else about the room. Rent is super cheap, that is all that matters. It's a 70 year old house and clean, it's fine. I don't need fancy modern interiors as is evident by my ghetto desk.

s2ty8i.jpg

1041 completed WUs on my gpu without a restart! Gpu client is pretty stable I say ;)
55500820.png

@SazanEyes: I have Z-5300 too, you found any way to lower the sub level? I find mine too loud even at lowest setting, especially with the noise from the other computers...

Y'all always bitch about it but I don't want to hear shit about the wallpaper, the terribad patch job around the light switch, or anything else about the room. Rent is super cheap, that is all that matters. It's a 70 year old house and clean, it's fine. I don't need fancy modern interiors as is evident by my ghetto desk.

I am with you mate - my wife always wants me to do something nice with my office, but I could not care less what things look like.

It's all about the PPD, the temps, and the watts.:cool:

Great thread guys - love that table flecom!

Here is my rationalised farm - 3 month process is nearly complete - going from six Q6600 boxen down to just 3 SR2s :D

Lets just say it is optimised more for PPD than looks!

large.jpg

u need to clean up those wires :)

I think this thread needed a bump :cool:

Lets see what ya got peoples!

s2ty8i.jpg

Tobit Stole my DESK!

nice memories from days past...

You should see it nowadays, it's really dusty. I also gave up on folding with it, the GPU client kept tanking constantly. Haven't been folding on anything than other my Q6600 at home for the past 2 years.

You should see it nowadays, it's really dusty. I also gave up on folding with it, the GPU client kept tanking constantly. Haven't been folding on anything than other my Q6600 at home for the past 2 years.

If I had that farm I'd ditch the GPU folding, Overclock them to 4GHZ and go for broke with Bigadv with the Vm tricks...:cool:

most Q6600s wont hit 4.0 @ reasonable volts even with good cooling let alone stock heat sinks.

It's running @ the board in the picture... but no... still testing, tweaking etc.. no numbers yet

Back