Farm Pics ... Post yours

I can understand 2, but why do you need 3 monitors for por..... spreed sheets? :D

IRC/IM/email on one monitor, movies on another monitor and browsing/gaming/etc on a third monitor. Plus, I would still keep the folding monitor on another totally separate system like I do now.

More horrible phone pics:

Living room: unused Antec 900, unused Antec mini P180, empty boxes
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/IMAGE_015.jpg

Desk #2: Shuttle Q6600 (smp), and Samsung 225bw (first LCD I owned)
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/IMAGE_016.jpg

under Desk #2: 2x Rosewill cases, left is E7200 media/tv box, right is E2180 & 8800gt (hooked up to samsung)
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/IMAGE_017.jpg

Desk #1 (right side): Antec 900 w/ E6600 & 9800gx2, Soyo 24" LCD (hooked up to 9800gx2 and media box), cheap 100m switch
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/IMAGE_018.jpg
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/IMAGE_021.jpg

under Desk #1 (left side): Silverstone TJ07 w/ E8400 & 8600gt, HP 1600 color laserjet, parts pile
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/IMAGE_019.jpg

Desk #1 (left side): Hanns-g 28", IBM/Lenvo 20"
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/IMAGE_020.jpg

Desk #1:
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/IMAGE_022.jpg

And for posterity sake, my current F@HMon:
http://dragonsfang.org/images/farm/fahmon.png

Here's what we're working with for a folding/render farm.

5 Q6600s @ 3Ghz.

q6600x5vn2.jpg

:D

Badass but where do all the other cables from that switch go to?

This is my Folding Farm. The picture show's 16 computer's but the count is now 20.:D

All the systems are Dell Vostro 400's 2.4 Quad Core, Windows Vista, 2 Gb. ram (14 of them sport Evga 8800 GT 512 Mb. Video Cards.:)

Running 40 SMP's and 14 GPU-2 Folding 24/7:eek:

Army-1005.jpg

Mike
Leganfuh - Team XCPUS
Aka: The Commander
:cool:

^ Now I know what a 100,000PPD farm looks like all set up. :eek:

Badass but where do all the other cables from that switch go to?

They go up to a wire tray, then they are run around the room to 24 wall ports. The 5 quads are all on a cheap gigabit switch that goes back to the server that has the farm repository. Right now I've got all 5 of them running 1 instance of SMP, then another 3ghz quad running an SMP, then my home quad at 3.6ghz running 2 instances of SMP. My PPD? 10,000!?!?

And that farm above, is just awesome.

Leganfuh, that has gotta be one of the most awesome folding farms I've seen so far. Is this all @ home?

Leganfuh, that has gotta be one of the most awesome folding farms I've seen so far. Thanks for your contribution to the horde. Is this all @ home?

Unfortunately, he isn't for the [H]orde or we would have noticed his 100k+ ppd ;)

LMAO-How would you like to change all of the clients on those rigs?
(See keyboard , monitor and mouse at top of rack) Impressive though.

LMAO-How would you like to change all of the clients on those rigs?
(See keyboard , monitor and mouse at top of rack) Impressive though.

No kidding, just to change over the 5 in the rack took me about 30 minutes over VNC. I would dread the beta expiration day if I had to do 20. :eek:

Unfortunately, he isn't for the [H]orde or we would have noticed his 100k+ ppd ;)

Well, that needs to be fixed... quick ..fast and in a hurry

That is really a nice setup. Well designed and clean.

I can't wait to get my rackmount setup going next year.

what are you guys actually folding? SETI? Cure for some disease?

Just curious what you're investing in.

Okay, now for the laugh of the day Hold on to your shorts cause we's gonna' laugh until the water gets too high to breathe :) What my little conglomeration of boxen, duct tape (I think the world could be conquered with good ole' "quack" tape :p), outa' control wiring, empty cat litter bucket props, make shift everything and the general mayhem of my folding closet (err..., I mean my bedroom) :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm single and if the other sex don't like it, too bad. Absolutely no compromising when it comes to crunchin' (folding) ;)

To me it just illustrates "you do the best you can with what's you've got" (or something like that) and nobody, and I mean nobody, has got any room to criticise you. :D

Two (2) Q6600 G0's, WC'ed, huggin' the window for colder air. I like the external WC'ing setup (uglier than shite) because I can adjust the rads to where I want them. They're both OC'ed to 3.0 GHz (9x333) and ATM I'm runnin' a 8800 GS GPU2 client in the boxen closest to the wall and the first boxen is runnin' two (2) LinSMP clients under Ubuntu v8.04 . (oh yeah, the little box, with the duct tape, is a TrippLite 850 battery UPS)

My good ole' E6600 doin it's notfred CD diskless/headless thing

Another pic like the first, I flunked outa' cameratology (err.., I mean "photography")

Please FOLD ON!

That's the most boxen I've ever seen on something that is supposed to be peed on :p

That's the most boxen I've ever seen on something that is supposed to be peed on :p

Hey brother Kendrak, you're gonna' have to bear with me because I don't quite understand the above post :confused: Are we talkin' about the "peein' in tall grass" heavy duty folder expression or peein' on anyone that touches my boxen without my express permission. I guess it could mean being so "peed off" that they'd get newer hardware to fold with, like I'm considering adding another GPU (those 8800 GS's rock ;)) ? Please remember that I'm suffering from that rather odious malady called bein' "intelligence challenged". :D

Oh yeah, remember the old expression "it's better to be peed off, than to be peed on because it's a whole lot dryer". (peed = pissed only more PC :p)

FOLD ON!

Probably remarking about your cat litter containers it sits on... ;)

Yeah, d'oh :( I'm so slow on the "uptake" sometimes I completely missed that one. Thank a lot for pointing out the obvious IronBits (we ain't talkin' "brain surgery" smarts here) and I appologise for bein' such a dumba$$ Kendrak Now that I finally get it, thanks to IronBits, it is pretty funny. (you know how it is, I'd be crippled without "duct tape" and empty "cat litter" containers :rolleyes:)

FOLD ON!

jws235, are the two towers with fans above your boxen rads? I haven't seen that before and wondering because I never used a WC setup. BTW, I also run my farm with open cases, it's the next best thing to naked boxen, almost as effective in most situations actually but more orderly and easier to move around. :cool:

jws235, are the two towers with fans above your boxen rads? I haven't seen that before and wondering because I never used a WC setup. BTW, I also run my farm with open cases, it's the next best thing to naked boxen, almost as effective in most situations actually but more orderly and easier to move around. :cool:

Yes, they are dual-fans radiators :) It's a creative way to mount those radiators. Mine is all concealed in the case but that require some modding skills ;)

Ahh.., brother APOLLO whatever you do, don't ever equate my WC'ing setup with anything remotely close to the norm, you'd give real WC'ers a heart attack Those "towers" you see are a 220 MCR rad, a micro rez, a couple of 120mm fans and a MCP 350 water pump (stock top, with the rad fans keeping the pumps cool) all on a tray (cat litter container top :p) . I have super long tubes and wires (I used the harness from a Nautilus 500 on one of them) so I can move the trays closer to the window or closer to my portable AC unit. (whichever I'm usin' at tha' moment)

IMHO you are "correcto moondo" about "open cases" bein' efficient for air cooling and "naked boxen" bein' the best means for air coolin' a folding farm. The only reason my two (2) quads are WC'ed is I love WC'ing, plus I'm addicted to it and one was already WC'ed from the "jump" (I tried the Nautilus 500, a Koolance setup and IMHO you should just stick with Swiftech, DD or D-Tech for WC'ing) . Please notice the E6600, it has a Zalman 9700 HSF and every door or cover I could get off the "el cheapo" case (real close to "naked". ;)) I "duct tapped" the front holes for the intake fan, the floppy disk and the optical disk after removing the plastic front. :rolleyes:)

I know it's all uglier than hell, but me and my cat are the only ones that have to put up with it. Depending on the ambient temps, I can undervolt the fans to make it quieter. It's not anywhere near annoying to me now (I have a hearing loss which could be the reason, nahh...) :)

I'm in no way knocking the "Nautilus 500 kit", IMO it has a dynamite cpu water block, the Koolance stuff was ancient (1/4" tubes, etc) and had a aluminum rad, taboo as far as I'm concerned. :(

Edit: @ Xilikon, we don't needs no "modding skills" to WC', we just needs distilled water, prayers to the computer Gods and a complete ignorance of ugliness (only kiddin' :D) I modded the hell out of a Antec 900 case and tore it all apart again to have movable rads. (it was all internal, the HD cage mod was a PITA :eek:)

FOLD ON!

This is my Folding Farm. The picture show's 16 computer's but the count is now 20.:D

All the systems are Dell Vostro 400's 2.4 Quad Core, Windows Vista, 2 Gb. ram (14 of them sport Evga 8800 GT 512 Mb. Video Cards.:)

Running 40 SMP's and 14 GPU-2 Folding 24/7:eek:

Mike
Leganfuh - Team XCPUS
Aka: The Commander
:cool:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the energy cost per month for that?

If you don't mind me asking, what is the energy cost per month for that?

You know what they say "if you gotta' ask the price, you couldn't afford it anyway" (or something like that) :D I know darn well I couldn't afford the light bills of the "heavy hitter folders" on this team alone. Not mentioning any names because you know who you are, but some of youse' must pee in giant redwood grass and almost own the electric company. :eek:

FOLD ON!

That's messed up. JEA charges us 12 cents a kilowatt hour, and they are only charging you 7 cents! I'm starting to thing they are screwing us. Supposedly JEA is nonprofit and ran by the city. I don't believe it after seeing your bill.

That's messed up. JEA charges us 12 cents a kilowatt hour, and they are only charging you 7 cents! I'm starting to thing they are screwing us. Supposedly JEA is nonprofit and ran by the city. I don't believe it after seeing your bill.

Its like 5 cents a kilowatt here (Manitoba), even though we still manage $500 bills in winter (damn electric heat). Summer its about $250 a month with ac on most of the time.

Got a new pic that doesn't kill your eyes as bad since it wasn't taken at night.

photo0056ji2.jpg

Yeah, it's a really messy living room but it works. :D

@SmokeRngs, you know what they always say "there ain't no such a thing as a messy living room with folding computers in it" (or something like that) :D

Besides it helps with the heat bill in the winter ;)

Foldin' and WCGn' for a CURE

heres one of my dedicated farms

farm.jpg

the minitower on the top right is a pentium D 3.4ghz machine running XP and a TFTP server for the diskless clients below

below that are 2 stacks of 4 HP workstations each with a pentium d 3.4ghz running the diskless SMP client

all the way at the bottom are 3 dell workstations each with a pentium d 3.4ghz

also a pair of HP 1500va UPS's

Nice setup there Flecom, very good cable management. I dream of the days that I can afford to run that much hardware for the [H]orde!

I posted in a different thread.... but it should be here too.

newfarm.jpg

That is the GPU rig with 2 9800GX2s and 2 noftfreds OC-ed Q6600 boxen.

I'm thinking about a 3rd 9800GX2 in the GPU rig.

For the amount of heat the GP box puts off I might as well run a hair dryer :eek:

Back