• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Farm Pics ... Post yours

That Intel stock fan is awesome :D

Does it cool it efficiently/quietly? I've been trying to find an alternative to that tiny, ridiculously loud, fan on my board.
 
That Intel stock fan is awesome :D

Does it cool it efficiently/quietly? I've been trying to find an alternative to that tiny, ridiculously loud, fan on my board.

I left the chipset fan running, at least until it dies (spins at ~6k). The intel fan spins @ 1.8k. The particular one in the photo has two broken pushpins, so won't work as intended anyway. I'm a bit of a packrat, so never binned it. Seemed a good use for it in the end. :cool:

When running full tilt, both fans running, the SR5960 according to lmsensors is 57C.

Also, on a semi-related note, the two CPUs that are close together, thus preventing running two fans in push/pull, ran about 15-20C hotter than the other two. In the end, what worked best was having both fans pulling from in between and ziptie a fan blowing in to the side of the two HS. My load CPU temps are currently 50/49/44/38.
 
Last edited:
few pics of naked rig.

4pnaked1.jpg




4pnaked2.jpg
 
Last winter I ran a mix of bigadv, smp, and GPU with a couple of computers but my equipment has been reduced to a single compact combine.

Tyan s8812
Ebay 6128s
Hyper 212s, stock brackets with a notch made in the side
32GB Adata 1333mhz cl9, super cheap
Silencer 910W Silver PSU with the cables tied down
WD VelociRaptor in a Cooler Master drive tray

http://imgur.com/a/Gwu6U


The PSU is really crammed in at the bottom. The board is held on by the the heatsink screws which extend through the board and plywood and have a nut on the back. The bolts clamp the CPU backplates to the wood to help support the heavy CPU coolers without twisting the board.
 
Well after a couple months procrastinating with setup, I have some pics of the farm.
Spotswood help me design this custom rack:
shortrackfront.jpg

shortrackside.jpg


Front of rack:
rackfront.jpg


Top of rack:
racktop.jpg


Side view:
rackside.jpg


Next step is to fit the top shelf for the small monitor, keyboard and mouse to sit.
Then the bottom shelf for the GigE switch and KVM switch.
Last will be mounting the Large Blue Fan seen in the side view along with at least 2 others.
I need some cross ventilation to keep the heat from stagnating between chassis.
I could re-enable an internal SM fan or two of the chassis but that defeats the purpose of doing 12 Musky-mod HS. Before I did those I could tell if the rigs were running when I entered the garage :D
Now I have to go into the room where this sits and look at the flashing lights to tell....
The power outlet control box seen in front is not going to cut it. It's "only" rated for 15A :eek:
 
Core32,

well now I know what you just flattened me with :)..... looks nice.
 
I gotta say the 2Us with the heatsinks sticking out made me laugh.

Just consider the 2Us [H]ardened for the win! ;)
Actually I thought I could live with the server screamer fans buried in the basement, but when I added the third rig it was just too much.
 
Back
Top