Far Cry 6

no DLSS is going to be the real challenge for Nvidia owners...AMD's FSR is supported as Ubisoft is partnered with AMD
I was under the impression that FSR works with most video cards including the Nvidia RTX series.

the free Crossover Missons sound crazy (in a good way)- Danny Trejo, Rambo, Stranger Things lol

Far Cry 6: Post Launch Overview Trailer | Ubisoft

All i want to know is if this forces story progression like 5 did or is it like 3/4 whwre you could pretty much do everything you wanted before main missions.

I was under the impression that FSR works with most video cards including the Nvidia RTX series.

using the just released Deathloop as an example, AMD FSR is available to use for Nvidia owners and while it does help a bit, it's far less effective than DLSS....enabling ray-tracing has a significant performance hit so unless you have a 3080 (or higher) it's going to cause performance drops

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
get ready for poor performance on Nvidia cards

AMD promises dedicated performance optimizations for AMD Ryzen CPU's and AMD Radeon GPU's...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
get ready for poor performance on Nvidia cards

AMD promises dedicated performance optimizations for AMD Ryzen CPU's and AMD Radeon GPU's...

ahh, how the turn tables. Ubi is very flop-floppy with their optimizations in FC... I remember FC4 was NV optimized and FC5 was AMD optimized, don't remember abt the others...

The overview map looks like the control boss areas in Ghost Recon Wildlands. Graphics look over the top but some of the weapons are just weird looking. Water looks like Far Cry 1 swimming is weird looking. Palm trees and foliage look good.

Last edited:
watching the free roam video, I mean it doesn't look like anything really new from the previous 2 games. Just updated story with a slight graphical upgrade?

All these Far Cry games spanning across three console generations and they've barely improved anything. Even the graphics don't look much better.

I wish there was an option to make the combat feel less cartoonish and more brutal and unforgiving. Fewer enemies, slower paced, more tactical, and greater damage from bullets for both player and npcs. basucslly, a greater requirement to think instead of to just spazz out. If that could be nodded into these game I would be more interested in them. It just seems about as cartoonist as say a more violent Bugs Bunny cartoon. I wouldn't never mind if they kept some of the crazier weapons and the alligator, just make it feel like the combat actually counts instead of being a wacky cartoon.

Drunkingly pre-ordered this game the other night. :rolleyes: Oops, I broke my own rule about pre-ordering games since I've been burned by Ubisoft in the past.

Might keep it and might return it and wait for reviews.

when is the game code going to be sent out for those that purchased an AMD 5000 series CPU?

I wish there was an option to make the combat feel less cartoonish and more brutal and unforgiving. Fewer enemies, slower paced, more tactical, and greater damage from bullets for both player and npcs. basucslly, a greater requirement to think instead of to just spazz out. If that could be nodded into these game I would be more interested in them. It just seems about as cartoonist as say a more violent Bugs Bunny cartoon. I wouldn't never mind if they kept some of the crazier weapons and the alligator, just make it feel like the combat actually counts instead of being a wacky cartoon.
Agree, the stupid weapons certainly don't help either.
I thought FC5 was decently grounded and kind of liked it actually.

I haven't followed this at all - so besides the retarded weaponry, are the bulletponges/leveled enemies from New Dawn back as well? If so this one's another skip for me.

when is the game code going to be sent out for those that purchased an AMD 5000 series CPU?
1632112833156.png

So probably on release, or close to it? Not sure.

I'll probably subscribe to the UbiSoft subscription service for about a month or two to play through this. Never found much replay value with Farcry games.

I'll probably subscribe to the UbiSoft subscription service for about a month or two to play through this. Never found much replay value with Farcry games.
I actually really like the Ubisoft subscription. You get all the games but most importantly to me, it's always the "premium" editions with every single DLC

I actually really like the Ubisoft subscription. You get all the games but most importantly to me, it's always the "premium" editions with every single DLC
Good call. Didn't know about this.

It does look kinda cartooney, almost like it got infused with some of the bubblegum-goofiness of New Dawn. Hopefully those videos are the console version, and on PC with the graphics maxed we'll get a little more detail and depth to everything.

Last edited:
Good call. Didn't know about this.

It does look kinda cartooney, almost like it got infused with some of the bubblegum-goofiness of New Dawn. Hopefully those videos are the console version, and on PC with the graphics maxed we'll get a little more detail and depth to everything

I am referring to gameplay though, not visuals. I don't think what I'm concerned about will be addressed unless the game can be modded. Can it?

Well most gaming PCs can't do it yet either. It depends on how well the base game runs, but at 2560x1440, ray tracing is either doable or not doable on an RTX 3070. The consoles are decently powerful, but nowhere near a 3080 level of performance. So ray tracing will likely be absent from many upcoming console games. By the next the next gen of consoles come out I assume ray tracing will be more manageable by mid range PCs. We'll probably have another 3 generations of GPUs by then.

What the hell is that Chicken Nuggets run for the border? I'm not sure if I want this game I didn't even fire up Watch Dog Legion.

Last edited:
Untitled-3.jpg

Yeah old Comixbooks is going really going to shell out money for this game...

We'll probably have another 3 generations of GPUs by then.
You surely mean miners and scalpers will have 3 generations of GPUs by then. I fully expect my current one to be my last GPU unless something significantly changes. Like a worldwide crackdown on mining and re-selling of new items.

You surely mean miners and scalpers will have 3 generations of GPUs by then. I fully expect my current one to be my last GPU unless something significantly changes. Like a worldwide crackdown on mining and re-selling of new items.

I'm thinking if it stay as bad as it currently is, they will increase output to meet the new much higher demand in time.

I'm thinking if it stay as bad as it currently is, they will increase output to meet the new much higher demand in time.
That's assuming resources are infinite and you can freely increase production. The thing that can increase volume is a breaktrough in technology that makes it easier and more efficient to produce chips, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that happening any time soon. Especially when they have no incentive to meet demand head on as it would drive prices down lowering their profit margins.

Ghost Recon Wildlands not all the maps or levels are designed the same way just foliage some of the bases are pretty big you can see in the above video.

spoiler-free Fightin Cowboy livestream.

Have seen only a few minutes so far, but liking what I see - map is gorgeous and seems to play better than the "cartooney" gameplay posted here a few weeks ago - that one must've been a console version.

Definitely will be playing this one, doesn't have to be perfect but I'm a sucker for openworld map exploration.

Last edited:
Back