Far Cry 6

Yeah, I can't get on board. ND sure, it's an irradiated post apocalypse whatever. But I disagree with having a semi-realistic Cuba setting and also some mystical gear.

Yes I'll still play co-op campaign with the wife, but at a certain point I'm gonna say: the gear belongs in Destiny or something.
Wasn't there supernatural shit in Far Cry 3? I dunno, at this point I don't really care. If I wanted "realism" I'd just play COD or something.

seeing many comments about bullet sponge enemies and that no one wants them...

Why can't combat be like 2,3,4, and 5?? I don't want enemies that take 10 bullets to face and don't die.

Why can't combat be like 2,3,4, and 5?? I don't want enemies that take 10 bullets to face and don't die.

Far Cry 3 was fairly good for its time. It seems like not much worthwhile from a gameplay perspective was added since. I consider recent changes to be regressive and not useful for a fun/gameplay perspective.

Think I played Far Cry New Dawn for 5 hours so this is a skip for me its really hard to go back and play FPS single player games from UBI I haven't even touched Watch Dogs legion yet which I own. This game will be forgotten after launch you really gotta push the envelope with FPS games today. Deathloop looks good BF2042 might be solid you really need your own voice more realism won't work unless its something like the game ILL or a new type if art style.

Last edited:
Far Cry 6 PC Specs Revealed – 4K 30FPS with Ray Tracing Requires RX 6800/RTX 3080 GPU

1440p, 60 FPS, DirectX Raytracing Off

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X – 3.8 GHZ or Intel i7-9700 – 3.6 GHZ
GPU: AMD RX 5700XT – 8 GB or NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER – 8 GB
RAM: 16 GB (Dual-channel mode)
Storage: 60 GB HDD (SSD Recommended) + 37 GB for HD textures (optional)

1440p, 60 FPS, DirectX Raytracing On

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X – 3.7 GHZ or Intel i5-10600 – 4.1 GHZ
GPU: AMD RX 6900XT – 16 BG or NVIDIA RTX 3070 – 8 GB

4K, 30 FPS, DirectX Raytracing On

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X – 3.7 GHZ or Intel i7-10700k – 3.8 GHZ
GPU: AMD RX 6800 – 16 GB or NVIDIA RTX 3080 – 10 GB

Additional Far Cry 6 PC Features:

-Uncapped framerate
-In-depth customization options
-Hybrid input and extended control customization
-Multi-monitor and widescreen support
-In-game benchmark for performance analysis
-DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
-AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Support

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/1T1G9meMQsKNoB1p47Cw3q/far-cry-6-pc-specs-revealed

check out the PC system requirements in the post above that...you're going to need a beast of a PC to run this with all the eye candy enabled
i have Gigabyte 3090 Gaming ;) on 1440P : P But i am sure that will be some places/areas that fps will tank to 30-40 will all maxed on 1440P even with my card lol

i have Gigabyte 3090 Gaming ;) on 1440P : P But i am sure that will be some places/areas that fps will tank to 30-40 will all maxed on 1440P even with my card lol

no DLSS is going to be the real challenge for Nvidia owners...AMD's FSR is supported as Ubisoft is partnered with AMD

New dawn was already like this. Enemy tiers, bullet sponges, grinding, time savers, all the jazz.

Playing through 3 right now again. Still a great game, sicks you kill off vass so esrly. Such a great villian.

I hope 6 doesnt hand hold you througg like 5. 3 and 4 didnt. 3 i did every damn thing i could before and main missions. 5 would have forced you to continue, it sucked.

6 i will have to wait see if they change that or not. If tgey dont, will be the first far cry i wont buy. Loved 1 through 4, new dawn and blood dragon.
I played the crap out of Far Cry 3. Very fun game. I'm thinking about getting Far Cry 4 because I love me some mountains. Otherwise I'm not interested. Seriously though there was a road intersection on that Far Cry 6 video that straight-up gave me a sense of deja-vu. Like the same damn intersection was copy+pasted from Far Cry 3.

I played the crap out of Far Cry 3. Very fun game. I'm thinking about getting Far Cry 4 because I love me some mountains. Otherwise I'm not interested. Seriously though there was a road intersection on that Far Cry 6 video that straight-up gave me a sense of deja-vu. Like the same damn intersection was copy+pasted from Far Cry 3.
I found FC4 to be pretty interesting. You kind of get the feeling they wanted to recreate Vaas (in a way) with Pagan Min. The little mini helicopter you get (very early on!) is probably the most game-changing element of the game.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Seems like 4K/60 with Ray-Tracing isn't happening on any hardware. I'll have to see if it's worth lowering the resolution render or just bypassing RT shadows and reflections. Most games won't let you use FSR and RT at the same time, but I guess that might work, too.

Seems like 4K/60 with Ray-Tracing isn't happening on any hardware. I'll have to see if it's worth lowering the resolution render or just bypassing RT shadows and reflections. Most games won't let you use FSR and RT at the same time, but I guess that might work, too.
Quake 2 Rtx only have full RT. Even Control not full.

If you like 3 then you will like 4

so no DLSS support for Far Cry 6 ever or is FSR just a timed exclusive?...most Ubisoft titles don't seem to have DLSS but Watch Dogs: Legion does

Think I played Far Cry New Dawn for 5 hours so this is a skip for me its really hard to go back and play FPS single player games from UBI I haven't even touched Watch Dogs legion yet which I own. This game will be forgotten after launch you really gotta push the envelope with FPS games today. Deathloop looks good BF2042 might be solid you really need your own voice more realism won't work unless its something like the game ILL or a new type if art style.

Disregard New Dawn. Try 5 main and see how you feel about it. Valid points.

3 was a mixed bag at best for me. I liked 4 and 5 (main) a lot more.

I enjoyed all the Far Cry games so far, including New Dawn and I'm curious to see how this one holds out. 30 FPS only at 4K maxed out with Raytracing on seems a bit unoptimized, hopefully Ubisoft will add DLSS for NVIDIA cards.

I enjoyed all the Far Cry games so far, including New Dawn and I'm curious to see how this one holds out. 30 FPS only at 4K maxed out with Raytracing on seems a bit unoptimized, hopefully Ubisoft will add DLSS for NVIDIA cards.
Yeah, dlss would be great. Surprised it doesn't already have it frankly...

Godfall was an AMD sponsored title and got DLSS support 3 months after release so hopefully the same happens with Far Cry 6...

EDIT: correction...DLSS was never enabled for Godfall, they only added ray-tracing support for Nvidia cards 3 months after launch

Last edited:
wait, what? I did not know that. what's the point of upscaling in 2021 if it doesn't work with RT enabled?

wait, what? I did not know that. what's the point of upscaling in 2021 if it doesn't work with RT enabled?
The most impactful reason - users with low end setups who want to play at higher settings & resolutions than ~1080p in certain games but are unable due to low frame rates. I know it's hard to believe but the majority of gamers aren't [H] whose last barrier of entry is getting RT+Ultra @144+ FPS to enjoy games - it's that they can't manage to get above 30fps at 1440p sometimes. That's the point, I'd venture a guess 🤙

But do wonder why it wouldn't work with RT.. is that an artificial limitation imposed due to this partnership? If so that's a bit anti consumer and a slap in the face just because they want money bags from AMD and a crummy deal to make in the face of gamers. Sigh. But as you said, it is 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it's just an artificial limitation. There might be games that let you have FSR and RT at the same time. All the ones I have gray one or the other out depending on if you have the other enabled. There should be no technical reason why that's the case. The fact that FSR works on all cards makes that especially lame...but maybe that wasn't always AMD's plan? Could've been an exclusivity thing that they opened up. I dunno. If DLSS is an option, frankly I don't even care about FSR in this game. I'd rather see that.

The map does look interesting. Nice variety of areas. The idea of upgrading your fishing hut and other stuff at your camps, multiple times, seems like an absolute bore that brought over from recent Assassin's Creed games though.

What does make me wonder is why some of the weapons are mirrored, like older games from the early 2000s. Charging handle and ejection port is on the wrong side for the M-14 and SVD. But every other weapon has it on the proper side, be it right or left.

The map does look interesting. Nice variety of areas. The idea of upgrading your fishing hut and other stuff at your camps, multiple times, seems like an absolute bore that brought over from recent Assassin's Creed games though...

I also love the setting/map...it's like they combined the best jungle/city/rural areas from all their previous games into one giant map

Looks good so far to me, I can definitely get into that environment and fight.

Back