Far Cry 6

I get the exact opposite vibe from the trailer. Looks like the story will be an afterthought and the focus is on stupid outlandish action and weapons. I mean a motorcycle engine powered minigun? Do these people know how heavy even the smallest motorcycle engine is? No amount of suspension of disbelief can make me ignore that.

Far Cry games have never really had great stories. But 5/ND it seemed like they just gave up, and I feel like this will be more like that. FC3/4 were simplistic but flashy scenes with some clever dialogue and interesting villains. 5's villain was just a nutjob that made zero sense. I skimmed through the 6 trailer and have already forgotten if they even showed the main villain. Only thing I remember is the pre-render for a year or so back.

Not a fan of the outlandish weapons and hoping you aren't forced to use them. In FC5 to get weapons that could actually kill enemies you needed the outlandish crazy colors and modifications that required upgrades. Hoping I can run around and effectively use a regular looking rifle to knock enemies out.

In FC5 to get weapons that could actually kill enemies you needed the outlandish crazy colors and modifications that required upgrades.
You could get by with basic weapons in FC5, the real problem was ND, that's where without upgrades you were basically throwing paperclips at enemies. And to get better weapons you needed to upgrade your base and to upgrade your base you needed to farm a ton of different resources, that's where I said thanks, but no thanks. Unless the reviews say they ditched the grind and mandatory upgrades I'm ignoring this game.

Hahaha, I remember this game. I played it and enjoyed its wonkiness.
I had never heard of it, but read up on it after mgty23's post (because I wondered what the heck it had to do with Far Cry 6). Seems like it debuted to mixed/lukewarm reviews, but now seems to have sort of a cult-like following. Lots of people on Steam and GOG have requested it. Apparently it's kinda buggy (maybe somewhat addressed through patches) but has lots of quirky and interesting gameplay features.

Just make up some random story nobody cares about. Gameplay might be good they gotta goto a 3rd world setting on order to make thing believable.

I still have my AMD rewards redemption. I wonder if I can finally get it from Uplay.

There's so little else coming this year, I still plan to play this. I was going to enroll in Uplay+ to play this and AC: Valhalla back to back, but ended up just buying Valhalla on sale. Assuming this game is as long as the last couple, I should be able to complete it in a month.
I'm not really excited for this, but I did have fun with the other games in the series.

I still have my AMD rewards redemption. I wonder if I can finally get it from Uplay.

I also have it from buying an AMD 5800X CPU...the rewards page still shows as coming soon...

FC6.png

I'm a sucker for the exotic animal hunts and whatnot from the older games. At least as long as they aren't level-gated. I find it annoying when games reveal a ton of collection quests, but they're technically impossible until much, much later. If I want to hunt down a snake that will let me carry more grenades - let me do it ASAP.

I'm a sucker for the exotic animal hunts and whatnot from the older games. At least as long as they aren't level-gated. I find it annoying when games reveal a ton of collection quests, but they're technically impossible until much, much later. If I want to hunt down a snake that will let me carry more grenades - let me do it ASAP.

It was fun in FC3, but then pretty much every game started doing it and it got more obscene as time went on. And holding down the trigger to shoot a tiger 50 times isn't exactly fun. And how does tiger fur make you carry more ammo anyways? The crafting just didn't make any sense and became more of a pain as games went on.

I'd be happy if they made a better system instead of the "hunting" going forward.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I wouldn't say I like those hunts, but I agree that they should be available right off the bat if they are going to have them.

I have my weapons in Far Cry New Dawn so upgraded/overpowered at this point that even the 'Monstrous' animals can easily be taken down with a few shots from the MG42, Works BP-2, or the X-MAS Tape A99! Thusly I hope Far Cry 6 keeps the infinitely upgradable weapons like New Dawn as it's a great concept that makes grinding for perks and materials more worthwhile. For me, Far Cry 4 and New Dawn are my favorites, and have supplied great return on the Steam sale investments. :smuggrin:

Really looking forward to Far Cry 6, just wish they would release system requirements soon so I can figure out whether my potato can actually run it.

Just watched the trailer. Why don’t I fucking care anymore?

Blah, blah, girl power. Revolution, blah, blah. Asshole dictator, gotta kill him. Yawn.

Just watched the trailer. Why don’t I fucking care anymore?

Blah, blah, girl power. Revolution, blah, blah. Asshole dictator, gotta kill him. Yawn.

Possibly because you have now played the same copied pasta game at least 4 times already, just with different stories which get worse with every iteration.

I thought the story from 5 was better than 3 or 4. Both of those were basically just some bro stuck in a foreign land and trying to kill the ruthless dictator running the place. 5 at least had some nuance.

the Montana cult story was pretty fun...same old Ubisoft type of gameplay but with Far Cry they at least add interesting locations every game...pre-release Montana seemed kinda boring in comparison to the last few settings- tropical islands of FC3, the Himalayas etc but it worked for the most part

Last edited:
I just want Ubisoft to grow some fucking balls and do one where the enemy is the CCP. Human trafficking, slave labor, political oppression, religious oppression, genocide. Got the makings of a “AAA” single player campaign.

Come on Ubi. Show us how woke you are. Fucking cowards.

I thought the story from 5 was better than 3 or 4. Both of those were basically just some bro stuck in a foreign land and trying to kill the ruthless dictator running the place. 5 at least had some nuance.

I'll disagree. The antagonist made zero sense in 5. In 3 and especially 4 there was some character to them. 5's story overall didn't make any sense, nor did the accents.

The problem I see here is with 5 and ND Far Cry took an even bigger jump into the world of silly, outlandish design. Which is okay, but Watch Dogs did that with 2 and I assume Legion. Even Assassin's Creed Odyssey did that with having many monsters and whatnot to an extent. This is one of the problems with Ubisoft - a trend flows down to all of their IPs. With Watch Dogs going in an over the top style, you'd think they'd make make Far Cry try a more authentic route and feel.

Far Cry 6 is more RPG than ever

Far Cry 6 is shaping up to be the most coherent entry to date...Ubisoft has applied crucial revisions to its systems, dimmed the chaotic encounters, and settled on a narrative that’s more grounded and believable than the series has been in nearly a decade...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/far-cry-6/rpg-no-skill-tree

you can grab helmets that tag containers through walls; hoodies that improve stamina recovery; shorts that confer a speed bonus after sliding; shoes that mysteriously gather any crafting materials you drive over; and even gloves that automatically extinguish you, should you become engulfed in flames.
LOL what

Holy crap, some of those segments look like they're actually just replaying Far Cry 3 but on horseback. Seriously. I played that game when it came out almost... nine years ago?!!
Playing through 3 right now again. Still a great game, sicks you kill off vass so esrly. Such a great villian.

I hope 6 doesnt hand hold you througg like 5. 3 and 4 didnt. 3 i did every damn thing i could before and main missions. 5 would have forced you to continue, it sucked.

6 i will have to wait see if they change that or not. If tgey dont, will be the first far cry i wont buy. Loved 1 through 4, new dawn and blood dragon.

Disappointing to say the least. Far Cry has been a decent single player FPS game, there are few of those left. Adding in trashy RPG mechanics isn't a good thing. I'll play it but probably will be disappointed.

Things like enemies clearly having too much HP just don't help an FPS. Seeing a guy set on fire by a flamethrower and run around without reacting to being engulfed in flames for 5 seconds is just lame.

Last edited:
I see a horse in one of the screenshots. Can I go all Blazing Saddles and punch a horse? I really want to punch a horse in game.

I dunno, sounds cool to me. The series already went way off the rails with 5 and New Dawn, anyway. Might as well keep it going.
Yeah, I can't get on board. ND sure, it's an irradiated post apocalypse whatever. But I disagree with having a semi-realistic Cuba setting and also some mystical gear.

Yes I'll still play co-op campaign with the wife, but at a certain point I'm gonna say: the gear belongs in Destiny or something.

Back