Far Cry 6

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Far Cry sure got the crying thing right everything after Far Cry 1 is hardly memorable.

I give Far Cry 2 and 3 credit. Far Cry 2 at least tried to do some new and interesting things. As it turned out, those new and interesting things did not make for an enjoyable game, but at least they tried. Far Cry 3 was mostly very good. It's story was dumb, and there was a little too much "assassins creed with guns" going on... but it was still fun to play and enough of what it did was fresh enough that it didn't feel like a copy of a copy of a copy. The problem is that Far Cry 3's high critical and commercial reception took away any incentive for Ubisoft to try new things or take risks. If FC3 sold well, surely reskinning that game in the Mountains will sell well too (and it did). And since FC4 sold well, surely reskinning that game and setting it in the plains will sell well too (and again, it did). Ubisoft is being lazy and uninspiring, and they are being rewarded handsomely for it. If people don't stop buying their lazy games, they aren't going to stop making lazy games.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
FC2 is better than most give credit for. It had a few short comings, how you unlocked weapons (same repeating intercept the truck mission), respawning checkpoints too quickly and the story at times was lackluster and not present. Aside from that it was great.

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
I liked fc2 other than the malaria pills thing.

It was LONG though. The checkpoint thing wasnt that big of an issue to me.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
what time is this Ubisoft online show tomorrow (EST)?...they are also giving away Watch Dogs 2 to anyone who logs into Uplay and watches the stream

UltraTaco

Gawd
Speaking of logging in. I just did and y'know what happened? I cnt seem, for the love of me, find that free copy of assassin creed unity I acquired for free when Notre dame had fire accident. What sorcery is this, lads? Taco is mildly disappointed as he's collecting games one day she might get a chance to play, nd they disappear from underneath! :(

-Strelok-

[H]F Junkie
Far Cry 5 was excellent.
I enjoyed FC3 when it came out, got bored of FC4 within 1-2 hours and never went back. I gave FC5 a try and I really liked it. The concept was still similar, but it was different enough to be enjoyable.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
I enjoyed FC3 when it came out, got bored of FC4 within 1-2 hours and never went back. I gave FC5 a try and I really liked it. The concept was still similar, but it was different enough to be enjoyable.

Outside of feeling more like an MP game and pulling you more out of the action randomly, FC5 was a bit more similar to 3. FC4 had a lot more verticality and I did like the mountain climbing, plus some of the architecture stood out more. That made it feel a bit different from both of them, IMO. Still same general layout though, so if you like or hate one, you'll likely feel the same way about them all.

M76

[H]F Junkie
We hardly know more than from the leak.
And literally nothing of the game. I'm not more excited than before the reveal. I'm not one who gets all mushy because they hired a good actor.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
We hardly know more than from the leak.
And literally nothing of the game. I'm not more excited than before the reveal. I'm not one who gets all mushy because they hired a good actor.

They just revealed it like 10 minutes ago on UBIsoft forward

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/forward - also, new info on new AC

Great setting,looks like Venezuela current times. Which is very interesting IMO.

UltraTaco

Gawd
Is that a makita in the thumbnail photo?
makita_hr5212c.jpg

Oh wow, any one see the reveal?

Looks great. Very excited

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
I wish they would remake FC1 with updated graphics. FC1 is still the best one.

odditory

Supreme [H]ardness
Michael Mando absolutely smashed that role.
What's ironic is that it was Michael's role as the Far Cry 3 villain that got him noticed and cast for Breaking Bad and its spinoff Better Call Saul. And now Breaking Bad's main villain (and also later featured in Better Call Saul) is the villain for the latest Far Cry. Dude is an incredible actor.

This must be some kind of Far Cry <-> Breaking Bad inception.

Last edited:

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
I will say, going into a large city would be a first for a Far Cry. So maybe that environmental change could bring with it some tangible (even if small) difference to gameplay. We haven't seen much of it, but they seem to indicate there is at least one large city. Not a fan of the bright colored bad guys and weapons this time around. I know they wanted to make FC5 look silly and dumb, and pushed it further with New Dawn, but they could've made this one artistically look more authentic given the earlier theme (seems like this takes place in the 1990s).

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
What's ironic is that it was Michael's role as the Far Cry 3 villain that got him noticed and cast for Breaking Bad and its spinoff Better Call Saul. And now Breaking Bad's main villain (and also later featured in Better Call Saul) is the villain for the latest Far Cry. Dude is an incredible actor.

Right? I'd never heard of him before FC3 and have since become a major fan after seeing him in those series. Such different characters too. Dude has incredible range. Giancarlo Esposito is phenominal too. Can't wait to see what he does with the FC6 role. IGN did a great interview with him...

Reactions: noko
like this

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Where are you getting that from? I haven't seen any gameplay.

There are some screen shots floating around.

far-cry-6-screenshot-7.jpg

far-cry-6-screenshot-1.jpg

Like the FAL but not sure why they feel the need to put a colorful, weird ghetto sight on it. And the bad guys have nice, clear red "SHOOT ME" uniforms. :p

far-cry-6-screenshot-6.jpg

Its like every game has to follow the Fortnite aesthetic these days. Bright colored crap. And what the hell kind of helmet is that supposed to be? Looks like something out of Mad Max.

Last edited:

Totally forgot that he's also Mac Gargan / Scorpion in Spiderman: Homecoming.

Wonder if towards the end of FC6 we'll see how he ends up in the Rook Islands.

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
Yeah I didn't buy Far Cry 5 but I bought Far Cry 2, 4, and New Dawn which I hardly even gave a chance.
Far Cry 5 is only 8.99 on UBI but I wouldn't be very tempted to complete my collection if I never even played the stuff I got.
I think I played Far Cry 2 the most because it was the new kid on the block.

odditory

Supreme [H]ardness
Right? I'd never heard of him before FC3 and have since become a major fan after seeing him in those series. Such different characters too. Dude has incredible range. Giancarlo Esposito is phenominal too. Can't wait to see what he does with the FC6 role. IGN did a great interview with him...
Well, don't do what I did and NOT ignore stories about this game coming across your news feed. Because it seems people have already pieced together more about this game from clues in the cover image, and the gaming blogs have run with it. I won't ruin it here, but it seems like it'll have a hell of a fun twist along the way.

Last edited:

odditory

Supreme [H]ardness
Looks like the Far Cry titles are 70-85% off on Steam right now until July 20. FC5 $8.99, New Dawn $9.99, etc.

New Dawn was obligatory and needless IMO. Main game is really solid if you are into these.

Absolutely needless. It was just like Wolfenstein Youngblood, a series brick wall. If the intent was additional roles of females in gaming, they certainly fumbled that.

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
New Dawn was playable, but a huge downgrade in terms of gameplay (the unlocks sucked). Considering it is essentially a standalone expansion to FC5 it isn't bad if you get it for a low price. Its thoroughly average throughout. There are many better games out there, and many worse.

For FC6, it looks like more of the same. If they can pull back the ND style unlocks and make them a bit simpler and more streamlined that would be okay. I don't see any other changes aside from things like that.

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human

Oh, wow. It's been so long since I last played FC3, I didn't realize that Vaas was voiced by Michael! I love his and Giancarlo's characters in BB and BCS, though, and would've certainly recognized Gus's voice in FC6.

I won't buy this at full price (and that's more because of my backlog than anything) but my interest level is increasing between knowing he's the villain, the aforementioned twist, and the Vaas thing. I don't want to know much more about the story, but will be keeping an eye on any major changes to the game mechanics. Hopefully the forced story progression from FC5 is gone.

Domingo

Fully [H]
I own all the other FC titles and I've mostly enjoyed them. Yet I think I'm done. I'm back at the "Assassin's Creed Unity moment." There are only so many times I can play the same game and this appears to be it. Granted, we don't know everything about this game yet, but it appears to simply be more of the same. If it is, I'm not going to buy this unless it's deeply discounted.