Far Cry 6

I liked fc2 other than the malaria pills thing.

It was LONG though. The checkpoint thing wasnt that big of an issue to me.

what time is this Ubisoft online show tomorrow (EST)?...they are also giving away Watch Dogs 2 to anyone who logs into Uplay and watches the stream

Far Cry 5 was excellent.
I enjoyed FC3 when it came out, got bored of FC4 within 1-2 hours and never went back. I gave FC5 a try and I really liked it. The concept was still similar, but it was different enough to be enjoyable.

I enjoyed FC3 when it came out, got bored of FC4 within 1-2 hours and never went back. I gave FC5 a try and I really liked it. The concept was still similar, but it was different enough to be enjoyable.

Outside of feeling more like an MP game and pulling you more out of the action randomly, FC5 was a bit more similar to 3. FC4 had a lot more verticality and I did like the mountain climbing, plus some of the architecture stood out more. That made it feel a bit different from both of them, IMO. Still same general layout though, so if you like or hate one, you'll likely feel the same way about them all.

We hardly know more than from the leak.
And literally nothing of the game. I'm not more excited than before the reveal. I'm not one who gets all mushy because they hired a good actor.

We hardly know more than from the leak.
And literally nothing of the game. I'm not more excited than before the reveal. I'm not one who gets all mushy because they hired a good actor.

They just revealed it like 10 minutes ago on UBIsoft forward

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/forward - also, new info on new AC

Great setting,looks like Venezuela current times. Which is very interesting IMO.

I wish they would remake FC1 with updated graphics. FC1 is still the best one.

Michael Mando absolutely smashed that role.
What's ironic is that it was Michael's role as the Far Cry 3 villain that got him noticed and cast for Breaking Bad and its spinoff Better Call Saul. And now Breaking Bad's main villain (and also later featured in Better Call Saul) is the villain for the latest Far Cry. Dude is an incredible actor.

This must be some kind of Far Cry <-> Breaking Bad inception.

Last edited:
I will say, going into a large city would be a first for a Far Cry. So maybe that environmental change could bring with it some tangible (even if small) difference to gameplay. We haven't seen much of it, but they seem to indicate there is at least one large city. Not a fan of the bright colored bad guys and weapons this time around. I know they wanted to make FC5 look silly and dumb, and pushed it further with New Dawn, but they could've made this one artistically look more authentic given the earlier theme (seems like this takes place in the 1990s).

What's ironic is that it was Michael's role as the Far Cry 3 villain that got him noticed and cast for Breaking Bad and its spinoff Better Call Saul. And now Breaking Bad's main villain (and also later featured in Better Call Saul) is the villain for the latest Far Cry. Dude is an incredible actor.

Right? I'd never heard of him before FC3 and have since become a major fan after seeing him in those series. Such different characters too. Dude has incredible range. Giancarlo Esposito is phenominal too. Can't wait to see what he does with the FC6 role. IGN did a great interview with him...

Reactions: noko
like this
Where are you getting that from? I haven't seen any gameplay.

There are some screen shots floating around.

far-cry-6-screenshot-7.jpg

far-cry-6-screenshot-1.jpg

Like the FAL but not sure why they feel the need to put a colorful, weird ghetto sight on it. And the bad guys have nice, clear red "SHOOT ME" uniforms. :p

far-cry-6-screenshot-6.jpg

Its like every game has to follow the Fortnite aesthetic these days. Bright colored crap. And what the hell kind of helmet is that supposed to be? Looks like something out of Mad Max.

Last edited:

Totally forgot that he's also Mac Gargan / Scorpion in Spiderman: Homecoming.

Wonder if towards the end of FC6 we'll see how he ends up in the Rook Islands.

Yeah I didn't buy Far Cry 5 but I bought Far Cry 2, 4, and New Dawn which I hardly even gave a chance.
Far Cry 5 is only 8.99 on UBI but I wouldn't be very tempted to complete my collection if I never even played the stuff I got.
I think I played Far Cry 2 the most because it was the new kid on the block.

Right? I'd never heard of him before FC3 and have since become a major fan after seeing him in those series. Such different characters too. Dude has incredible range. Giancarlo Esposito is phenominal too. Can't wait to see what he does with the FC6 role. IGN did a great interview with him...
Well, don't do what I did and NOT ignore stories about this game coming across your news feed. Because it seems people have already pieced together more about this game from clues in the cover image, and the gaming blogs have run with it. I won't ruin it here, but it seems like it'll have a hell of a fun twist along the way.

Last edited:
Looks like the Far Cry titles are 70-85% off on Steam right now until July 20. FC5 $8.99, New Dawn $9.99, etc.

New Dawn was obligatory and needless IMO. Main game is really solid if you are into these.

Absolutely needless. It was just like Wolfenstein Youngblood, a series brick wall. If the intent was additional roles of females in gaming, they certainly fumbled that.

New Dawn was playable, but a huge downgrade in terms of gameplay (the unlocks sucked). Considering it is essentially a standalone expansion to FC5 it isn't bad if you get it for a low price. Its thoroughly average throughout. There are many better games out there, and many worse.

For FC6, it looks like more of the same. If they can pull back the ND style unlocks and make them a bit simpler and more streamlined that would be okay. I don't see any other changes aside from things like that.

Oh, wow. It's been so long since I last played FC3, I didn't realize that Vaas was voiced by Michael! I love his and Giancarlo's characters in BB and BCS, though, and would've certainly recognized Gus's voice in FC6.

I won't buy this at full price (and that's more because of my backlog than anything) but my interest level is increasing between knowing he's the villain, the aforementioned twist, and the Vaas thing. I don't want to know much more about the story, but will be keeping an eye on any major changes to the game mechanics. Hopefully the forced story progression from FC5 is gone.

I own all the other FC titles and I've mostly enjoyed them. Yet I think I'm done. I'm back at the "Assassin's Creed Unity moment." There are only so many times I can play the same game and this appears to be it. Granted, we don't know everything about this game yet, but it appears to simply be more of the same. If it is, I'm not going to buy this unless it's deeply discounted.

Agree with the comments on the formula being a little stale but still in. Co-op for me is the real draw, tackling missions with a partner opens up so many possibilities for chaos to ensue which almost always means more fun.

Free Far Cry 6 with AMD cpus

Might upgrade considering it since those new Intels Run Hot and Zen 3 is promising so I wouldnt need to buy a Super cpu cooler either.

Free Far Cry 6 with AMD cpus

Might upgrade considering it since those new Intels Run Hot and Zen 3 is promising so I wouldnt need to buy a Super cpu cooler either.

I would have played it anyway (probably not at launch pricing), but if I can get it for free, why not?

New Dawn was obligatory and needless IMO. Main game is really solid if you are into these.

New Dawn actually felt like more like FC4 than FC5. FC4 was my favorite of the series (I think I just liked the environment best).

Wish it came with Nvidia GPUs. I want to get a new Ryzen, but I'll wait and see street pricing and of course if my motherboard supports it. Maybe Nvidia will bundle a different game so I can get two freebies.

Maybe AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs will even be in stock before 2021.

Back