Fallout 4

Here's my updated TAGS file, I started with the newest (4.0) and tweaked from there:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <!-- icon - icon definition keyword - tag without any - Pastebin.com

Here are all the lines I changed, you can use the original 4.0 (or previous version) TAGS file to find the original values.

<tag icon='w_ar556' keyword='5.56mm' hidetag='true'/>
<tag icon='w_pipe_rifle' keyword='.38' hidetag='true'/>
<tag icon='w_fat_man' keyword='Mini Nuke' hidetag='true'/>
<tag icon='w_hunting_rifle' keyword='.50' hidetag='true'/>

<tag icon='tool' keyword='Scrap' hidetag='true'/>

I also changed all the 'false' hidetag values to 'true'

For the SCRAP & JUNK, the default file uses 3 different icons: One for raw materials, one for junk items (breakdown into raw), and one for tools (breakdown into raw).
For example, a wrench would use the TOOL icon and a typewriter would use the TRASH icon. I don't know why there needs to be 2 separate icons, they both serve the same function.

Keep in mind these are personal preferences, incl the weapon icons.

{Tool} - items that can be sold to Calvin in Vault 81

7XCSXNZ.png

Last edited:
TaintedSquirrel

Thank you greatly for taking the time to update the TAGS file. It'll save a ton of time for many wishing to view the new icons in their, and vendor's, inventory.

If I may, one request: please contact omega9380 and offer the modified file be added to his mod page. Having the file as an optional download in one place is much better than a single post in a topic which will more-than-likely be lost in the multitudes of post to follow.

If omega9380 accepts your offer, then the suggested process to submit the file is as such:

1. Create a folder named \Data\Interface\DEF_CONF in a location of your choosing (Desktop, different drive, etc)
2. Copy your modified DEF_INV_TAGS.xml file to the \DEF_CONF folder
3. Add the entire folder structure (\Data\Interface\DEF_CONF) to a .rar .zip file with an appropriate name [(Updated DEF_INV_TAGS.(which ever archive program you choose to use)]
4. Upload the archive file to a file hosting service of your choosing.
5. Submit the request to omega9380 with a link to the file.

I'm sure you are aware but I'll go ahead and repeat for those who don't know... The above method allows the mod author to download the archive through the link that you provide then upload to host on NexusMods without members having to use a external link. Many NexusMods members hesitate to download mod files through external sites as there have been a few instances where malicious ads were involved.

In the essence of full transparency and firm believer of due diligence, I am a moderator on NexusMods.com in good standing and have viewed several reports of misbehaving ads.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Anybody know any good places to find Aluminum or Glass?
Don't say Beantown Brewery because you're a damn liar.

Anybody know any good places to find Aluminum or Glass?
Don't say Beantown Brewery because you're a damn liar.

Hospitals for the surgical trays. Arturo in Diamond City sells shipments of 50 aluminum.

Kay in Bunker Hill sells shipments of glass.

If you need a shit-ton just buy what you need, wait a day or two, fast travel out and in if needed, repeat.

Also, if you are end game - The institute has a metric fuckload of materials including aluminum for easy pickings.

Here's my updated TAGS file, I started with the newest (4.0) and tweaked from there:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <!-- icon - icon definition keyword - tag without any - Pastebin.com

I went ahead and updated back to 4.0 and copied and pasted everything you did here into the corresponding .xml file on my end and it looks like it worked. :)

As had been mentioned in earlier posts I had to drop weapons and armor out of inventory and pick them up off the ground for the labels to take. Some of them didn't get labels even after doing that and I have a few red exclamation points in front of some things but I doubt that's anything on your end.

Thanks for doing this! :)

Here is how it looks now:

20160601125829_1.jpg 20160601125845_1.jpg 20160601125854_1.jpg

at long last I finally fired up Fallout 4...great hearing that classic Fallout music in the menu...great seeing a 'Mods' setting right in the main menu...I tweaked the graphics a bit to make things look a bit sharper using ReShade...in the KB/M Control options I see separate options for Run and Sprint which is interesting (normally there's only Walk vs run/sprint)...are there any places that can break the game if I discover it too early?...I remember with Fallout 3 there was a certain Vault which broke the game if you visited it too soon...

Did they change the max settlement cap to ignore +Charisma bonuses? My settlements seem to be capped at 10 + my base charisma value regardless of bonus items.

Nice. What kind of gear and weaponry is your guy sporting there?

Mark 2 Synth Helmet Legendary -15% dmg from humans
Various Synth all Legendary affix like movement speed and less damage. Modded for lightweight
Metal Left Arm Legendary +10s cloaking field when hit.
Trenchcoat (forgot the name) leaded for radiation resistance

Just got a full set of robot armor but waiting on 1 more perk in the science tree so I can max it out.

Recon .50 Cal Marksman Rifle
Laser Musket Legendary +50% Human Damage fully modded into a sniper rifle +6 reload charges (1 shots almost everything..)
Semi Automatic Assault Rifle maxed out mods, my only close quarters weapon, semi auto so I can take out limbs easily, served me real well during the Mechanist battle.

I've played mainly high science and crafting so I can build badass automatrons and weapon upgrades. I forgot to screenshot but I have this killer assaultron that flys around me with stun hands to help me keep my enemies at a distance. About to start Fal Harbor.

Last edited:
like this
But you can't lock up NPCs. They will get anwhere they want to, any time they want to. One of my quest ier teleported up to the highway after I completed the quest and I couldn't get to him for the longest time. Of course, it never occurred to me to build my way up because I thought it was out of the settlement but that's what I ended up doing.

But you can't lock up NPCs. They will get anwhere they want to, any time they want to. One of my quest ier teleported up to the highway after I completed the quest and I couldn't get to him for the longest time. Of course, it never occurred to me to build my way up because I thought it was out of the settlement but that's what I ended up doing.
It's the thought that counts. We all know if any of those poor NPC's wonder out of the camp, they'd be yoinked back in :p

I am more interested in how the turrets and the mortar got up there though

I am more interested in how the turrets and the mortar got up there though

Build large scaffold with foundations, place turrets on top, get rid of the foundations. Settlement building doesn't follow the laws of gravity.

Thanks.

Does it serve any real practical purpose in game though? Does it allow turret to shoot further than otherwise possible, accuracy be damned?

So what are the consensus best mods for FO4? I'm looking to get back into it now that my 1080 is on the way. I want this 8GB VRAM to work for a living!

Scrap Everything at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Major update to 2.0 on the Scrap Everything mod.

This mod fixes the glaring oversight Bethesda made when they chose to only make a small fraction of objects able to be scrapped. With Scrap Everything, you, the user, has the final say on what stays and what goes. Want to scrap your settlement down to the bare bones and have yourself a whole bunch of empty land to go wild on? Done. Want to scrap things like trash, debris, vines, bushes and even dead machines, animals, and people, but leave the buildings and trees? Done. This mod allows you to scrap literally everything in each any every one of your settlements, should you so choose. I am currently working on expanding what you can scrap so that eventually, you'll be able to scrap pretty much everything in the entire game (with a few exceptions such as load doors).

This mod scraps everything that these mods do (and more): Spring Cleaning, Scrap Dead Things, Scrap Scrap, Scrappable Commonwealth

That's handy. All in one.

I see some bugs. Not updating yet but keep an eye on this.

I like to use the /scrapall command when I acquire new settlements, not a great idea with those Scrap mods.

like this
It also allows the turret to not be blocked that it migh've been blocked by at a lower altitude.

Has anyone ever gotten a "Missing ESP" error while the game was running?
I was working on a settlement, didn't like the way it turned out, so I loaded a save from 5 minutes earlier. Game said the file UncappedSettlementSurplus-FarHarbor.esp was missing (part of this mod). Restarted the game and it works fine now.

like this
Bethesda E3 conference starts in 30 minutes, expecting some new small workshop-related DLC to be announced tonight.
Should be adding electronic stuff like logic gates, elevators, conveyors, etc. It leaked earlier today.

Bethesda's E3 Twitch stream comments is rolling faster than a Formula 1 racing event... :eek:

Ugh...they need to announce TES6, there are already a million HD texture mods and shader improvements for Skyrim. This is just pandering to console players.

like this
Back