Fallout 4

Same reaction here. No idea what the sales figures are, though.
Some people are saying that he meant last for the year but it sure didn't sound like that in the video. I do hope they make more... or get busy on FO5! :D

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Which mod might that be?

Are you using SK?

Could be an ini setting or background process.
I'm running my settlements uncapped:

Uncapped Settlement Surplus at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

I was finishing off the last few settlements and I started noticing Workshops were re-filling within seconds. While I was building up Somerville, I emptied the Workshop at least a dozen times. Every few seconds, I'd run over and it would have hundreds of items in it (including like 100+ Purified Water even though there was no water production in the settlement). I'd take them all, come back a few seconds later, and it was totally re-stocked. This happened again when I moved on to Egret Tours.

I haven't added any new mods recently and the crashes started ramping up yesterday, so it's not anything I've changed.
Just disabled the mod, went around and emptied all the workshops, and played an hour with no crash... Which is the longest so far. I think I can tweak the settings and put a cap on the supplies so they don't stack infinitely... That might help.

According to this my water cap should be 13:
Water pumps and purifiers stop producing surplus purified water if total amount of water (purified water, dirty water and the drugged water from HalluciGen) exceeds 5 + 0.25 * settler count, rounded down.

However I am still pulling 20-30 stacks of water from each workshop. Not sure wtf is going on.

TaintedSquirrel post your load order in spoiler tags and I'll take a look at it to see if there is a possible conflict between mods.

Fixall To get to my current installed mod count it was roughly 9 hours. The time includes testing to ensure each mod installed correctly.

Anyone have any luck getting the Scrap all Mod to work?
I use Scrap Everything and it works fine. :)

Load order:
(I uninstalled a few of them recently for testing purposes, they aren't listed)

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm
*DLCCoast.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*ConcealedArmor.esm
*AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
*YoungLaraCroftFacePreset_2.esp
*Armorsmith Extended.esp
*Armorsmith Automatron.esp
*LoweredSprintAPDrain.esp
*SlowTime.esp
*Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp
*Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp
*mso_sms.esp
*Faster Terminal Displays (100x).esp
*CROSS_Jetpack.esp
*BetterModDescriptions.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Misc.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Mods.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-DLCFarHarbor.esp
*RaiderOverhaul.esp
*FogOut.esp
*WOTC.esp
*Build High.esp
*SuperMutantOverhaul.esp
*CraftableAmmo.esp
*CraftableAmmo_plus.esp
*Raider Overhaul - AE Patch.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Aid.esp
*Targeting HUD Enhanced.esp
*OWR.esp
*SatelliteWorldMap.esp
*OWR_LouderStations3.esp
*Companion Infinite Ammo.esp
*NoDeathWeaponDrop.esp
*Craftable Armor Size.esp
*Craftable Armor Size - Fix Material Requirements.esp
*Synth Overhaul .esp
*ConcealedArmor.esp
*def_inv_scrap_en.esp
*No more monochrome - Color setting for the Pipboy!.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Ammo.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-ArmorBySlot.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-CosmeticsByType.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-DLCAutomatron.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-ExplosivesSortBottom.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Junk+DEF_INV.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Perks.esp
*NoFallDamage.esp
*Power Conduits and Pylons - Increased Radius x3.esp
*VisibleCompanionAffinity.esp
*NoNegativeAffinity.esp
*NoAffinityCooldown.esp
*VisibleCompanionAffinity_AffinityCheck.esp
*SkjAlert_DLC01.esp
*SkjAlert_S-.esp
*SkjAlert_DLC02.esp
*CutWeaponModsRestored.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Weapons.esp
*Extended weapon mods.esp
*CWMR-Patch-Extended weapon mods.esp
*CutWeaponModsRestored-FarHarbor.esp
*Fusebox Generator.esp
*OVT.esp

Here's my full mod list sorted by date (not load order)

xd4bwFP.png

"Scrap all Mod"? No such mod exists that I'm aware of.

Are you referring to the scrapall console command?

I use Spring Cleaning, Scrap Everything and Scrap Dead Things mods together without issue.

Anyone have any luck getting the Scrap all Mod to work?

like this
I use Scrap Everything and it works fine. :)

Load order:

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm
*DLCCoast.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*ConcealedArmor.esm
*AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
*YoungLaraCroftFacePreset_2.esp
*Armorsmith Extended.esp
*Armorsmith Automatron.esp
*LoweredSprintAPDrain.esp
*SlowTime.esp
*Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp
*Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp
*mso_sms.esp
*Faster Terminal Displays (100x).esp
*CROSS_Jetpack.esp
*BetterModDescriptions.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Misc.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Mods.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-DLCFarHarbor.esp
*RaiderOverhaul.esp
*FogOut.esp
*WOTC.esp
*Build High.esp
*SuperMutantOverhaul.esp
*CraftableAmmo.esp
*CraftableAmmo_plus.esp
*Raider Overhaul - AE Patch.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Aid.esp
*Targeting HUD Enhanced.esp
*OWR.esp
*SatelliteWorldMap.esp
*OWR_LouderStations3.esp
*Companion Infinite Ammo.esp
*NoDeathWeaponDrop.esp
*Craftable Armor Size.esp
*Craftable Armor Size - Fix Material Requirements.esp
*Synth Overhaul .esp
*ConcealedArmor.esp
*def_inv_scrap_en.esp
*No more monochrome - Color setting for the Pipboy!.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Ammo.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-ArmorBySlot.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-CosmeticsByType.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-DLCAutomatron.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-ExplosivesSortBottom.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Junk+DEF_INV.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Perks.esp
*NoFallDamage.esp
*Power Conduits and Pylons - Increased Radius x3.esp
*VisibleCompanionAffinity.esp
*NoNegativeAffinity.esp
*NoAffinityCooldown.esp
*VisibleCompanionAffinity_AffinityCheck.esp
*SkjAlert_DLC01.esp
*SkjAlert_S-.esp
*SkjAlert_DLC02.esp
*CutWeaponModsRestored.esp
*ValdacilsItemSorting-Weapons.esp
*Extended weapon mods.esp
*CWMR-Patch-Extended weapon mods.esp
*CutWeaponModsRestored-FarHarbor.esp
*Fusebox Generator.esp
*OVT.esp

Hmm Thanks....I Guess I will mess with it more when I get home. Just started up a new game on Survival....Fuck yea I LOVE IT!

Well I just used player.setav speedmult 500 to speedhack around the Boston downtown area and I induced a crash in about 5 minutes.
I think I'm just gonna have to shelf the game and move on for now. Aside from disabling all of my mods one at a time, I have no idea what to do.

I played around 150 hours of the vanilla game at launch and didn't have ANY crashes the entire time. My game is just a mess.

Last edited:
Well I just used player.setav speedmult 500 to speedhack around the Boston downtown area and I induced a crash in about 5 minutes.
I think I'm just gonna have to shelf the game and move on for now. Aside from disabling all of my mods one at a time, I have no idea what to do.

I played around 150 hours of the vanilla game at launch and didn't have ANY crashes the entire time. My game is just a mess.

Maybe try uninstalling all the mods? Maybe a file is fucked up with another file with the last release?

It is possible but after taking a good look at your load order there are many things out of place.

One is Valdacil's Item Sorting. Every one of the plugins should be together with one exception: -00-ValsPics-DLC Version which should be further up the list.

What I would recommend is exporting your load order to a text file through NMM. Once done, run LOOT to sort. Manually move plugins as needed.

The crashes are too inconsistent to be a mod error, it has to be something else.

I've been using LOOT, does exporting to text make a difference? I just let it sort the mods and hit "Apply". Haven't done any manual editing.

Anyway I disabled all of my mods and speedhacked around Boston again, no crashes this time. Obviously the game runs quite a bit smoother and the load times are significantly improved. I'll have to spend some time tomorrow reinstalling mods and changing the load order. Maybe there's a corrupt file somewhere.

Anybody have experience with War on the Commonwealth? It's causing my Boston-area crashes on any preset higher than the lowest (Mama's Boy).
I also tried lowering the Spawn Limiter to 10 and 20, but it always crashes within minutes or sometimes seconds.

Does anyone have a mod pack? I am too lazy to install 100 different mods individually. Seems like it would take forever.

Unfortunately, there are very few mods incorporated into a modpack and even those are usually one mod author combining only their mods.

Creating a mod pack wouldn't be all that difficult as long as a person knows how to script a FOMOD to take into account the various options from each and every mod. The biggest issue would be whether or not each mod author allows their mod to be included in the modpack. Considering the current environment with Bethesda.net and NexusMods.com I highly doubt any of the mod authors would authorize such an endeavor.

Does anyone have a mod pack? I am too lazy to install 100 different mods individually. Seems like it would take forever.

like this
Yea... that is a bit weird to me. If they were making money off of it, I can understand... you're losing out on money. If they don't credit you, I can understand even more, it's your work, and have it plagiarized ... that just sucks.

I'm a bit mystified about the one who is mad about it being "taken" but they still get the credit. I guess they want to keep it limited for some reason.

EDIT: Hmm... thinking about it... I think I sort of understand... I mean, who really looks at the creators? Unless it's almost forced on you to. I read manga, but most of the time I just ignore the scanlators names... at least recently. I guess it might be the same with mods, I mean, who knows who made all the different HD retextures? I don't... though I haven't used any of those mods. So in this case, I have an excuse.

Last edited:
well, imagine you did all the work, put it up on a website. check the page for comments and downloads. now someone else takes it and puts it into a package, makes HIS package better. he gets comments and downloads, yours drop off to nothing. sure it is all e-bullshit but it is also how people can tell their work is valued.

Well, that would be plagiarizing, right? I didn't personally look up this stuff, but I was thinking the mods where copied wholesale.

Downloading and combining mods for personal use is OK. Attempting to distribute the modpack can and will result in the modpack taken down and being banned from NexusMods or Bethesda.net.

For those who are unaware, I am a moderator in good standing on NexusMods. We do not tolerate people uploading other mod author's works for whatever gain they think they may get without seeking mod author authorization. Those who knowingly use other's work without gaining permission from the mod author are permanently banned.

=============================

To get back on Fallout 4, I've discovered three mods which work well in a non-SK environment and will be including in the document. Part 1 or part 2; haven't decided as of yet.

First is Ms.Rae's Unique Containers and Bins'o Stuff. As the title suggest this mod introduces four large and four small buildable containers to store stuff in.

Next is Do it Yourself - clutter for shelves and bookcases. Kickass mod as it alleviates having to place a bunch of items manually.

Finally, Warehouse Shelves for components and ammo. Like the previous listed mod, this is a big time saver for populating shelves.

It seems, though isn't guaranteed, the Power Armor Reset bug has been squashed with patch 1.5.307. I've completed 130 runs with various game saves and no matter what version of PA accumulated, the PA remains the same as found after repeated entering and exiting the settlement cell. Tests were completed in Sanctuary and Finch Farm.

Oh, and here's an image for your enjoyment. Got bleach? :ROFLMAO:

AceGoober_FO4_0211.jpg

Last edited:
like this
It seems, though isn't guaranteed, the Power Armor Rest bug has been squashed with patch 1.5.307. I've completed 130 runs with various game saves and no matter what version of PA accumulated, the PA remains the same as found after repeated entering and exiting the settlement cell. Tests were completed in Sanctuary and Finch Farm.

This hit me for the first time recently. I almost cried when I came back and found my newly painted t-51 a rusting T-45....

You can spawn your own frame via console to avoid that bug.
Whenever I find a new one in the wild, I just leave it there and spawn my own. It all works out in the end.

Yep, lots of fun stuff in Contraptions Workshop. Unfortunately Bethesda borked the floor height on the elevators. Each elevator floor stop is too far apart so trying to integrate the elevators into a pre-existing structure is a no go.

Oh, and... :D

AceGoober_FO4_0212.jpg

Yep, lots of fun stuff in Contraptions Workshop. Unfortunately Bethesda borked the floor height on the elevators. Each elevator floor stop is too far apart so trying to integrate the elevators into a pre-existing structure is a no go.

Oh, and... :D

View attachment 4449

do you look for your jetpack when you get up in the morning? Then realize....

I wish I owned a jetpack. It'd make cleaning out the rain gutters a lot easier. Jet up to the roof with a garden hose, spray then jet back down.

After playing with Contraptions Workshop a bit I've noticed a few odd things:

1. To place an elevator in a warehouse corner the elevator must be the first object placed then surrounded on two sides with floors, snapping walls to the floors then snapping a corner to the walls.

2. The only way to go up is use a transition conveyor. There are no conveyor belts which go up only one which goes down. Must be do to the physics engine.

3. Four floor elevator may not snap in-place in Boston Airport even with a build high mod.

4. Floors will not snap on either side of a warehouse wall. You must snap floors from one side to the other then either store or scrap the extra floors.

5. Warehouse roofs are finicky to snap in place when building a custom design instead of the normal types of warehouse roofs.

6. The four story elevator will not snap in-place at Boston Airport. I've tried every which way but loose yet haven't been able to get it to snap at all.

Game Update:

Fallout 4 has been updated to 1.5.416. F4SE has been updated. Achievements and Place Everywhere still need to be updated.

like this
Anytime! (y) :D

Thanks Goober, you just drove me another notch towards clinical insanity.

If anyone is looking for a bit of R&R how about trying out the swimming pool on top of the parking garage at Boston Airport?

AceGoober_FO4_0213.jpg

like this
Dumb question: Is the Boston Airport supposed to unlock/open up as a full fledged settlement where you bring people in and so forth? If so, it never happened for me even though I'm friendly with the BoS.

Yup.. It's an option. From what I understand it's a crap settlement with massive limitations.

like this
Back