Fallout 4

I have seen a video on YT that explains this as well. People having a hard time understanding this could get a visual look as well.

Or you could just get the easy hacking mod. I lost interest in the hacking after FO:NV, so I just get that mod now, as well as the easy lockpicking. The minigames are OK but I would rather not waste my time with it.

In terms of ammo, in later game stages the .38 ammo becomes somewhat useless.
The .45 rounds become plentiful, no reason not to use them. So the receiver upgrades become:

.38 -> .45
.45 -> 308
.308 -> .50

You can keep a .38 to use for .38, but that is just more weight.

Explosive bullets are neat when they hit water.

lUbJ7pN.gif

Is there anything better than the Hazmat Suit for resisting radiation damage? It supposedly has +1000 Rad Resist, but last night I swam through a large section of heavily irradiated water to complete a quest and still took considerable damage. I was popping Rad-X like candy and still had half my health bar wrecked.

Yes, there's a serum that makes you completely immune to radiation for 1 hour. And you get an unlimited supply of it. It's a quest reward [no spoilers].
Power Armor works well for rads, too.

Yes, there's a serum that makes you completely immune to radiation for 1 hour. And you get an unlimited supply of it. It's a quest reward [no spoilers].
Power Armor works well for rads, too.

Cool, gotta get me some dat serum.

I'm not a fan of Power Armor with this character, it doesn't really fit his style.

Cool, gotta get me some dat serum.

I'm not a fan of Power Armor with this character, it doesn't really fit his style.

If it's the same quest I'm thinking of (location not too far ESE of Sanctuary), then the power armor doesn't do a whole heck of a lot either. I did it in power armor and was still taking 5 rads.

I just popped a Rad-Away at the end and was all good.

Wait, I thought the Witcher 3 was a dumbed down console game ;)

My only graphical gripe with Fallout 4 is with the people. They look ridiculous. Nearly everything else looks pretty good. Not amazing, but still good.

Engine wise Witcher 3 is fantastic, texture wise it leaves something to be desired.

If it's the same quest I'm thinking of (location not too far ESE of Sanctuary), then the power armor doesn't do a whole heck of a lot either. I did it in power armor and was still taking 5 rads.

I just popped a Rad-Away at the end and was all good.

This was on the East Coast of the map. It takes place in a cannery.

Ok, I've never played any of the Fallout series but I do know about the series. I don't know if it's just my OCD or that i'm getting older, but I always seem to want to analyze the damn game rather then play it. I just created my character and answered the door and talked to that dumb ass dude. Now I have to create my name and put points into the perk tree. I know that there are so many different builds and so many people have varied opinions.

I know I want to shoot people, and hacking robots to follow me around and kill people seems fun. I'm not really into the melee hack and slash build, but I can't pick what points to spend on? I have spent the last 2 hours reading forum threads. Should I just pick something and play? Damn, I hate always wanting to pick the most correct, perfect scenario, or whatever.......

Honestly, I would just put some into each and play. Don't worry about builds until you find out if you like the game at all and get the perk tree. Just remember that the perk tree isn't a tree necessarily, meaning you don't need the previous perk to get the next perk down. Just the level and base stat requirement. I did that incorrectly on my first character and then started over around level 12ish..

Bigbacon, this is for you ;). Beta patch is live.

New Features

Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
Fixes

General memory and stability improvements
Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
If you want to give the beta patch a whirl, back up your game and follow the instructions laid out over on Steam:

Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
Select Settings
Select Betas
A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
Select OK
Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update

Any time there's open brace/bracket/parenthesis on a line followed by a close of the same type, clicking on the leading one will either remove a dud word (most likely) or reset your tries.

So for example, if you have a line that has...

+=(%+*)!@[#@%

...mouse over the leading parenthesis (character #3 on the line) and it will highlight all the way to the close parenthesis (character #7). Click on it and it will remove one of the dud words or reset your tries.

Also note that if there are repeats of the opens or closes, click the inner set first, then the outer set since they both work.

So for...

@[#&[%&^]*#)!

...click character #5 first, then character #2.

So you want to start out in a hacking terminal clicking a few words, making note of the words and number of matches. Then seek out sets of b/b/p until you reset your tries or use up all of the b/b/p sets.

Also the < and > are considered brackets. Hell, I don't even look for the things. Just run your cursor thru every line and if it expands on a non word - click it. Much less eye strain

...sometimes the computer password seems to have relation to the location of the terminal Police, manufactory, etc.

Is there anything better than the Hazmat Suit for resisting radiation damage? It supposedly has +1000 Rad Resist, but last night I swam through a large section of heavily irradiated water to complete a quest and still took considerable damage. I was popping Rad-X like candy and still had half my health bar wrecked.

Just get the perk that makes you immune to water radiation / underwater breathing. I got that one early on...and I'm glad I did. Sooo useful.

Just get the perk that makes you immune to water radiation / underwater breathing. I got that one early on...and I'm glad I did. Sooo useful.

Yeah, I probably would have built my character differently if I knew I'd be spending so much time on the coast. I don't have nearly enough END to take that perk now, and I'm gonna have to invest 5 levels at some point into CHR/Local Leader just to make crafting stations at my settlements. Oh well.

Hey everyone, what is the fastest way to scrap material. Up until now I have been "dropping" all my Junk onto the ground in Sanctuary and then entering Workshop mode, pointing at the item, and hitting X to scrap. Is there a faster way to do this? That is so tedious especially for the smaller items.

Hey everyone, what is the fastest way to scrap material. Up until now I have been "dropping" all my Junk onto the ground in Sanctuary and then entering Workshop mode, pointing at the item, and hitting X to scrap. Is there a faster way to do this? That is so tedious especially for the smaller items.

Unless you're looking to carry it around (since everything is lighter scrapped than whole), there's really no need to scrap it. Just leave it in the workshop and when you need the resource, it'll get scrapped automagically.

Just transfer the junk directly into your workshop storage at any local crafting bench and it will be broken down for parts automatically when you craft something that needs it.

well fuck, have you been able to reset the terminal tries in FO3/FNV ? That is some serious unexplained shit.

Unless you're looking to carry it around (since everything is lighter scrapped than whole), there's really no need to scrap it. Just leave it in the workshop and when you need the resource, it'll get scrapped automagically.

i assumed he was talking about armor or weapons, since that is the only thing you have to manually scrap.

well fuck, have you been able to reset the terminal tries in FO3/FNV ? That is some serious unexplained shit.

Yeah, however in this one it barely matters because if you fail it only locks you out for like 10 seconds.

i assumed he was talking about armor or weapons, since that is the only thing you have to manually scrap.

Without scavenger lvl2, it's rarely worth it to scrap equipment anyway. You don't get enough parts to offset the caps you'd make if you took some Grape Mentats and sold it.

Just transfer the junk directly into your workshop storage at any local crafting bench and it will be broken down for parts automatically when you craft something that needs it.

Thats waht I've been doing. It sure would be nice to have a "scrap all junk in workstation" button.

Thats waht I've been doing. It sure would be nice to have a "scrap all junk in workstation" button.

Why? It gets scrapped automatically when you need it. No need to do it manually. Just put it into the workshop and start making stuff.

crazy that so many games have keyboard remapping issues in 2015...so many times it takes a patch to enable the use of arrow keys as directional movement or in the case of Fallout 4- to be able to use the NumPad keys...as a gamer who uses the arrow keys for movement (and also the NumPad for other functions) this is unacceptable

Somehow I managed to get the purified water to proc (!!!) by removing all of the water from the Workshop. Even after I had done that there were 23 or so Purified Waters that were showing up for crafting that weren't in my inventory or in the Workshop, so I used those up just to make sure. I came back later and 85 or so had showed up in the Workshop, so that's cool. I hope you don't have to empty it out every time, but I guess I can just stick them in a crate if I have to. I also noticed some caps in the Workshop so I guess stores are kind of working (it was a very small amount but still).

I did install the beta but I haven't noticed much difference overall.

The materials in each workshop do have a production cap. I have never seen any of my Purified Water stacks exceed about 200-300, no matter how long I leave them. I don't know if it's a hard cap or if the cap scales with your production.

I assume scrappers cap out, too. Which means you should empty all of your warehouses every now and then to start from scratch. Otherwise your warehouse gets "full" and you stop gaining stuff.

Be nice to get CFX working. I've got a pair of 290Xs and the game will occasionally slow to a crawl, depending on the scene. I've tried using AFR-friendly mode and it doesn't seem to change anything...just give my character blackface.

The materials in each workshop do have a production cap. I have never seen any of my Purified Water stacks exceed about 200-300, no matter how long I leave them. I don't know if it's a hard cap or if the cap scales with your production.

I assume scrappers cap out, too. Which means you should empty all of your warehouses every now and then to start from scratch. Otherwise your warehouse gets "full" and you stop gaining stuff.

Yeah, for me it doesn't seem to work that way...I've been clearing the Purified Waters and now they seem to proc fairly regularly. I do notice that once in awhile a few will get "jammed up" in the system, where they are neither part of your Workshop inventory or your personal inventory, but they show up to be used in recipes. I guess that is some sort of glitch.

I'm just glad it's working...

Back